Gov. Deal vetoes religious liberty bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:18:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gov. Deal vetoes religious liberty bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Deal vetoes religious liberty bill  (Read 2215 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 30, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »

Coward. The people wanted it signed. Go with the people not big business.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »

The irony of this statement even tickles me and I'm a conservative.

Do you not realize it really was religious freedom protections(backed by the grassroots) vs big business (who want special rights for the lgbt).
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:31:06 AM »

The people also want Garland to get a vote and a hearing in the Senate...

What happened to your belief in the 1960 senate rule?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 06:38:35 PM »

The irony of this statement even tickles me and I'm a conservative.

Do you not realize it really was religious freedom protections(backed by the grassroots) vs big business (who want special rights for the lgbt).

"Special rights?" F-ck off, you are literally the worst.

It's a special right to ask for assurances that I will not be shamed at and turned away from a restaurant? The only "special right" I see in this situation is the right we'd be giving lunatic bigots to treat a particular group of people like garbage.

It only seems like a special right to you because you are used to moving through society with your privilege unimpeded. How horrible and unfair that you are forced to tolerate the presence and legitimacy of people who are different! Poor little put-upon JCL! Cry

Hagrid,

Do I want some guy who likes to play dress up as a girl (which is what many "transgendered individuals" are) going into a girls restroom where they could harass my soon to be wife or my future kids? I don't think so.

If I were a business owner I'd still treat my patrons with respect regardless. However I won't be forced to violate my closely held religious beliefs to do so. You are aware I'd rather that government stay out of marriage. Are you aware that many of the "rainbow coalition" are using the force of government for the purpose of revenge rather than gaining actual equity. That is something you can't deny. There has been deliberate targeting of businesses ran by and owned by people of faith and conscience by the gay community for destruction if they don't make nice and do business (and violate said religious conscious by aiding in a gay wedding) these religious freedom bills are trying to ensure by statute the first amendment religious liberties so enjoyed since the beginning of the American experiment. In your nation (Canada if your actually a native of BC) people of faith are targeted for jail for even preaching in support of traditional marriage.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »

There was a time when "the people" also wanted slavery and Jim Crow and segregation. No matter how you try to slice and dice it by using Jesus as a justification for your bigotry, it's discrimination. You're the ones wanting special rights: you want to have the right to impose your flawed, narrow-minded religious interpretations onto others who do not believe the same way. 

Seeing "Christians" trying to defend this is baffling, although not surprising given their track record of hypocrisy. According to my understand of Christianity, Christians believe that no one is perfect and that we are all sinners, and that no one sin is greater in the eyes of God than another, so why are Republicans and evangelical conservatives targeting this one group of sinners? Sounds to me like it's the Christians who are wanting special rights. Gay people wanting to be treated equally under the law is not special rights, it's equal rights. You know, does this mean it's okay for a business to refuse service to a black person, a Hispanic person, a Jewish person, a Muslim, or even someone who's been divorced or a single mom with children out of wedlock all because "I think that's what Jesus would do?" I don't recall Jesus turning away sinners. If your faith really "compels" you to discriminate against people, maybe you just shouldn't work in the public. Doesn't the Bible also say let he without sin cast the first stones? You "Christians" are not perfect, you're sinners as well, and your sins as heterosexuals are no less sinful than the sins of others and homosexuals. The sooner you all realize that gay people do exist and are not going away, the better we will all be. We've put up with your self-righteous hatred and prejudice for years, now it's time for you all to tolerate that the country has changed and we now have (some of) the same rights under the law as you all do. Why don't you all pick another group of sinners to hate and leave us alone? Or better yet, why don't you actually be a Christian and do what Jesus actually said to do: love thy neighbor as thyself, feed the hungry, cure the sick, house the homeless, clothe the naked, and spread love and acceptance instead of hate and intolerance?

As for Nathan Deal, I don't call him a FF. He only did this because the money train would stop coming to Georgia had he signed it. You're going to see a lot more of this from Republicans who are torn between the economic conservatives (who want the gay people's money) and the social conservatives (who want nothing to do with the gays) in their party. Nathan Deal decided that money and revenue coming to his state was more important than the Bible and protecting the "muh Jesus said so" values of his state's "Christians." SINNER! This only makes him smarter than Pat McCrory in North Carolina. Had the big businesses not pressured him, he probably would have signed it, so big businesses really are the FFs here. Nathan Deal is just another cowardly old bigoted Republican man blinded by greed.

Is being gay an intrinsic or God given difference? Absolutely not. Faith and science are in agreement on this. The Founders are with me on this. Do I need to say what Jefferson said or what Washington did?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies