Gov. Deal vetoes religious liberty bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:53:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gov. Deal vetoes religious liberty bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Deal vetoes religious liberty bill  (Read 2246 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: March 31, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »

Coward. The people wanted it signed. Go with the people not big business.

The irony of this statement even tickles me and I'm a conservative.

Do you not realize it really was religious freedom protections(backed by the grassroots) vs big business (who want special rights for the lgbt).

"Special rights?" F-ck off, you are literally the worst.

It's a special right to ask for assurances that I will not be shamed at and turned away from a restaurant? The only "special right" I see in this situation is the right we'd be giving lunatic bigots to treat a particular group of people like garbage.

It only seems like a special right to you because you are used to moving through society with your privilege unimpeded. How horrible and unfair that you are forced to tolerate the presence and legitimacy of people who are different! Poor little put-upon JCL! Cry
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:06 AM »

Coward. The people wanted it signed. Go with the people not big business.

The irony of this statement even tickles me and I'm a conservative.

Do you not realize it really was religious freedom protections(backed by the grassroots) vs big business (who want special rights for the lgbt).

"Special rights?" F-ck off, you are literally the worst.

It's a special right to ask for assurances that I will not be shamed at and turned away from a restaurant? The only "special right" I see in this situation is the right we'd be giving lunatic bigots to treat a particular group of people like garbage.

It only seems like a special right to you because you are used to moving through society with your privilege unimpeded. How horrible and unfair that you are forced to tolerate the presence and legitimacy of people who are different! Poor little put-upon JCL! Cry

Hagrid,

Do I want some guy who likes to play dress up as a girl (which is what many "transgendered individuals" are) going into a girls restroom where they could harass my soon to be wife or my future kids? I don't think so.

If I were a business owner I'd still treat my patrons with respect regardless. However I won't be forced to violate my closely held religious beliefs to do so. You are aware I'd rather that government stay out of marriage. Are you aware that many of the "rainbow coalition" are using the force of government for the purpose of revenge rather than gaining actual equity. That is something you can't deny. There has been deliberate targeting of businesses ran by and owned by people of faith and conscience by the gay community for destruction if they don't make nice and do business (and violate said religious conscious by aiding in a gay wedding) these religious freedom bills are trying to ensure by statute the first amendment religious liberties so enjoyed since the beginning of the American experiment. In your nation (Canada if your actually a native of BC) people of faith are targeted for jail for even preaching in support of traditional marriage.

Your closely-held religious beliefs are wrong. It's about time civilized societies stop tip-toeing around that and call your doctrine what it is.

Even so, we'll make nice and let you believe what you want. But as soon as those beliefs cross into the territory of permitting discrimination based on traits individuals can't control, that's where your freedom ends. You do not have the freedom to encroach on another person's right to enjoy equal access to society. Period. It's not "revenge" to ask that I be treated like every other customer... you simply don't and can't understand what it feels like to be legitimately discriminated against. I know, because everything changed for me when I came out—and it was a real eye-opener. If you were in the position of belonging to a discriminated against group, you would understand why it's not absurd to want every business shut down that would treat me like a second-class citizen.

And don't get me started about what you think you believe happens in "my nation." I have a bridge to sell you if you think I could get my Aunt Kathy thrown in jail. I almost wish it were so, but it's not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies