Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 08:18:42 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Cast your Ballot in the 2016 Mock Election

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter, Justice TJ)
| | |-+  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 Print
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 97633 times)
Senator R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 10, 2017, 05:59:57 pm »
Ignore

*sigh* I miss the days when I thought Gillibrand would be the best Dem candidate in 2016/2020. How naive I was.

Klobuchar is interesting, though. She strikes me as a 2008 Chris Dodd type; someone who would run just to get their profile up enough to possibly make the VP shortlist.

Kander2020

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 10, 2017, 08:00:40 pm »
Ignore

Kamala Harris has started emailing her subscribers a survey about topics in the country, at the end asking for a donation and thanks you for "standing up to Trump".

Considering she isn't up for reelection until 2022, Kamala 2020 is all but confirmed at this point.

AZ Senate 2018 - Abboud (D)
MA Senate 2018 - Warren (D)
MO Senate 2018 - Petersen (R)
NM Senate 2018 - Heinrich (D)
NY Senate 2018 - Gillibrand (D)
TX Senate 2018 - O'Rourke (D)
VA Senate 2018 - Stewart (R)
2020 Presidential - Jason Kander (D)
henster
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 10, 2017, 10:29:46 pm »
Ignore

Klobuchar has the most upside she keeps MN safe and is a great fit for WI/IA, geographically she is the best candidate. The problem is she is so boring and bland it will be hard for her to make it thru the primary.
Shadows
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 11, 2017, 06:14:39 am »
Ignore

There is nothing to say WI or Iowa people care for Klobuchar. Even Hillary originally is from Illinois right. By this logic Michelle Bachmann will win the Mid-west & Trump would win NY. No1 cares where Klobuchar is from. The only state which Klobuchar brings in play so far is Minnesota where she is an elected Senator. Beyond that, wait for the debates & then the polls.

Anyways, Bernie news (He is going to Michigan) -

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Vermont congressman who won Michigan's presidential primary in 2016, will join U.S. Rep. John Conyers in Detroit on Aug. 22 for a town hall meeting on health care and jobs. The Detroit Democrat said the town hall will be held at 7 p.m. at Fellowship Chapel Church, 7707 W. Outer Drive in Detroit.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/10/bernie-sanders-join-john-conyers-detroit-health-care-town-hall/556768001/

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 11, 2017, 10:34:05 am »
Ignore

Yet another CEO in the mix for prez?:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/04/ft-top-firm-ceo-said-may-run-for-president-in-2020/

Jamie Dimon, chief executive of US investment banking giant JPMorgan Chase, is a Democrat. Former colleagues believe he might throw his hat into the ring to become the next leader. One former JPMorgan senior manager recently let slip to the newspaper that he was convinced Dimon would run for president in 2020.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Al Franken 2020
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -8.09, S: -4.61

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:22 am »
Ignore

Oh the JP Morgan CEO could definitely be elected President of the United States...

"Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired." - Robert Francis Kennedy

"Le nationalisme, c'est la guerre!" - François Mitterrand

"I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil." - Robert Francis Kennedy

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 11, 2017, 12:54:58 pm »
Ignore

Here is this week's #2020Vision column:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/politics/2020-vision-iowa-elizabeth-warren-netroots/

Not much new there that we haven't already discussed here, except this:

There have been "New Democrats" and "Blue Dogs." This week, a new center-left group — called New Democracy — launched with a slate of mayors, governors and lawmakers aiming to steer the party in a pragmatic direction and win back some right-leaning areas.

The 2020 prospects involved in the launch: Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Delaney, the insanely early entrant into the Democratic presidential race.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Al Franken 2020
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 11, 2017, 01:28:52 pm »
Ignore

This kind of New Democracy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Democracy

"Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired." - Robert Francis Kennedy

"I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil." - Robert Francis Kennedy

The Saint
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 11, 2017, 01:35:19 pm »
Ignore

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/politics/2020-vision-iowa-elizabeth-warren-netroots/

There have been "New Democrats" and "Blue Dogs." This week, a new center-left group — called New Democracy — launched with a slate of mayors, governors and lawmakers aiming to steer the party in a pragmatic direction and win back some right-leaning areas.

The 2020 prospects involved in the launch: Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Delaney, the insanely early entrant into the Democratic presidential race.

Im actually pretty interested to see where this is going.

Moderate Republican

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 12, 2017, 09:49:34 am »
Ignore

Castro won't talk about whether his new PAC means anything re: presidential ambitions:

http://www.expressnews.com/news/news_columnists/brian_chasnoff/article/Castro-s-reservations-11756426.php

At least for now, Castro is declining to speak to any media about the new PAC and whether it’s a launching pad for a presidential run in 2020.

AndrewCA 🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Mauritius
View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 12, 2017, 05:33:03 pm »
Ignore

Per Twitter:

Dem group @NewDemocracy warned immigrants stoke fears of a "dilution of our national identity." Now they removed it.

But remember guys, "Bernie Bros" are the real racists in the Democratic Party!

The Saint
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:26 pm »
Ignore

Per Twitter:

Dem group @NewDemocracy warned immigrants stoke fears of a "dilution of our national identity." Now they removed it.

But remember guys, "Bernie Bros" are the real racists in the Democratic Party!
Geez. That's a horrible thing to say. It's 100% not a winning strategy.

Moderate Republican

The Saint
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 12, 2017, 08:29:55 pm »
Ignore

Tom Steyer mulling a political run:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/tom-steyer-california-governor-president-trump/index.html

Tom Steyer, the billionaire environmentalist and Democratic mega-donor, says he is considering a run for political office -- and that he sees the United States in a "complete crisis, honestly," under President Donald Trump.

Steyer, who has pumped more than $160 million into Democratic politics through his NextGen America group in the last two election cycles, didn't rule out a run for California governor in 2018 or for the presidency in 2020.

"It's not a question of, what is the biggest thing I can do? It's, how can I make the biggest difference from what would otherwise happen?" he said. "And I honestly haven't figured it out, but I think we've spent a lot of time on it, and I think I still have some time to make up my mind."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:42:41 am by The Saint »Logged

Moderate Republican

Parrotguy
Wyman
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -2.10, S: -5.04

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 13, 2017, 02:02:07 am »
Ignore

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/tom-steyer-california-governor-president-trump/index.html

Tom Steyer, the billionaire environmentalist and Democratic mega-donor, says he is considering a run for political office -- and that he sees the United States in a "complete crisis, honestly," under President Donald Trump.

Steyer, who has pumped more than $160 million into Democratic politics through his NextGen America group in the last two election cycles, didn't rule out a run for California governor in 2018 or for the presidency in 2020.
"It's not a question of, what is the biggest thing I can do? It's, how can I make the biggest difference from what would otherwise happen?" he said. "And I honestly haven't figured it out, but I think we've spent a lot of time on it, and I think I still have some time to make up my mind."

I hope he replaces Feinstein.

A poster boy for globalism.

Twists and Turns- a 2012 Timeline

Current Endorsements:
Israeli Labour Party Leader- Avi Gabay
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 13, 2017, 10:59:12 am »
Ignore

De Blasio?

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken
kyc0705
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 13, 2017, 11:01:38 am »
Ignore

Ewwwwwww.

There's only one mayor I support for president, and he's about 3,000 miles west of that and slow jamming every time the 101 closes down. (I fully acknowledge the fact that even if he does run, I may be one of his only supporters.)

My political beliefs:
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 13, 2017, 11:07:51 am »
Ignore

From that story:

Mayor de Blasio is putting out feelers to run for president, spreading whispers that Bernie Sanders, 75, and Elizabeth Warren, 68, are too old, sources say.

De Blasio, 56, will claim he’s the rightful standard bearer for the progressive wing of the Democratic party.

“He thinks he’s going to coast to re-election victory,” one Dem told me. “His people are sending out overtures asking where he should go next and whom he should meet on a national level.”

But the best part:

“He thinks he’s the inheritor of the Warren and Sanders legacy,” said a Democratic power broker, “but no one told Warren and Sanders they were dead.”

Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 13, 2017, 11:50:24 am »
Ignore

Bill de Blasio is in way over his head if he thinks he's the heir to the Sanders fortune.
Let Dogs Survive
MormDem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 13, 2017, 05:42:10 pm »
Ignore

I hope he replaces Feinstein.

Atlas PM Score:

S: 3.7
E: -7.4
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:31 pm »
Ignore

Bill de Blasio is in way over his head if he thinks he's the heir to the Sanders fortune.

Yeah, we're not really looking for some former Hillary campaign manager who went to Iowa last year to campaign for her in the Presidential primary.

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: August 14, 2017, 10:20:48 pm »
Ignore

Hickenlooper's latest non-denial:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/john-hickenlooper-health-care/

Hickenlooper did admit he is “not” taking his name off the presidential list for 2020 although he says his team is focused working on a workforce training so that Colorado can be the “healthiest state in America.”

He says he does not want to get “distracted” from that.

Al Franken 2020
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 15, 2017, 01:00:57 pm »
Ignore

Hickenlooper's running, and will get 4% of the vote in Iowa.

Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 15, 2017, 01:04:38 pm »
Ignore

Hickenlooper's running, and will get 4% of the vote in Iowa.

That actually wouldn't be that bad, considering how the votes are counted in Iowa and how many people will be running.
Castro
Castro2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 15, 2017, 01:10:11 pm »
Ignore

Gabriel Debenedetti‏ @gdebenedetti
Guess who's returning to New Hampshire! @BernieSanders back to Manchester on Labor Day—that's 2 Iowa visits and 1 New Hampshire trip in '17.

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/897488814712770560
Mondale Won 1 State
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 15, 2017, 01:16:07 pm »
Ignore

Gabriel Debenedetti‏ @gdebenedetti
Guess who's returning to New Hampshire! @BernieSanders back to Manchester on Labor Day—that's 2 Iowa visits and 1 New Hampshire trip in '17.

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/897488814712770560

lol at the comments...Dems are still fighting:

WeAreAmerica 🇺🇸 🍩 💧‏ @DemocracyValues  2h2 hours ago

Replying to @gdebenedetti @BernieSanders

Ugh. I'm tired of Bernie Sanders. He's old and washed out who helped elect Trump.

Bird‏ @TheBirdmanJrJr  2h2 hours ago

Replying to @gdebenedetti @BernieSanders

waah still upset that HRC didn't win (even tho she was the worst candidate in modern history) Bernie forever

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout