The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:18:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213374 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »

Harris spends money on Bernie-backed media firm.

From Fox
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/19/kamala-harris-spends-big-with-media-firm-that-boosted-bernie-sanders-national-profile.amp.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:02:09 PM »

If California moves their primary up to be fifth in line (as is expected) Kamala Harris' chances of running are at least 85% and her chances of winning the nomination are going to be pretty damn high.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:02:56 PM »

If California moves their primary up to be fifth in line (as is expected) Kamala Harris' chances of running are at least 85% and her chances of winning the nomination are going to be pretty damn high.
They're moving their primary up to Super Tuesday which won't help Kamala survive the early primaries. California also loses 20% of its delegates at the cost of moving ahead so it isn't like she'll gain that many more delegates by winning it on Super Tuesday. Primaries aren't winner take all for Dems so as long as her opponent can put up semi competitive numbers there then they're fine. My problem with seeing Kamala win the primary is that I don't see her winning one of Iowa or New Hampshire. If you don't win at least one of those I don't think you can be the nominee.

Nope. California only loses its delegates if it moves up its primary before iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. And I'm pretty sure it said it will stand alone, not on Super Tuesday.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 11:20:08 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2017, 11:23:00 PM by PittsburghSteel »

Kamala Harris landed her first endorsement from novelist, Salman Rushdie.

http://www.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/salman-rushdie-endorses-kamala-harris-for-president-slams-trump-at/article_4b11c734-9984-11e7-b8a6-0bebe0e88e74.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies