The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:19:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 214841 times)
Kringla Heimsins
France

« on: July 17, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »

I was sure he would run. I'm glad this is basically confirmed.
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:29:42 PM »

WaPo has a new story on Sherrod Brown in which he’s asked about running for prez in 2020, and he says “I just don’t want to do it”:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/sherrod-brown-thinks-he-could-have-helped-democrats-win-in-2016-but-what-about-2020/2017/07/23/168ac16c-6b2d-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html?utm_term=.f5c85a999a39

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The story also includes a lot of discussion about Brown’s participation in the veepstakes last year.  Despite his current denial of interest in running for prez, he says that he “relished” the idea of campaigning in other Midwestern states, had he been the VP nominee last year:

I'm glad it has confirmed that Sherrod Brown isn't currently dying from a stage IV throat cancer.

Also, I'm totally on the Sherrod 2020 train now.
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:00:16 PM »

Sometimes, the jokes write themselves.
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

I'm kind of interested in Warren as the nominee now. I don't know. I think she's a good match to take on the President one on one. She won't have to tip toe nearly as much as the 2016 nominee because all he can do is call her Pocahontas.
I think it helps to make her angry rhetoric more pallatable. Her allows her to tap into a softer warmer side that she'll desperately need to win. I think it'll help combat the sexism she'll be facing. I wasn't a big fan of her running despite liking her positions, but I might've changed my mind.

Oh yeah. She'll lose because the whole country is sexist
Not saying it'll be her only problem but it could easily knock off a few points from her.
It wont

Congrats on your ability to know what every American is thinking, even subconsciously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies