The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:11:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 213340 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: November 21, 2016, 07:05:21 AM »

Not sure if this was posted here earlier, but Mother Jones lists 11 dems who could defeat Trump:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/democrats-defeat-trump-president-2020

Warren
Kaine (already out)
Klobuchar
Gillibrand
Harris
Duckworth
Booker
O'Malley
(Chris) Murphy
Hickenlooper
Michelle Obama (already out)

A list that includes Michelle Obama, Hickenlooper, and O'Malley but not Sherrod Brown is a bad list

Mother Jones has become a joke site establishment hack site.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 11:33:22 PM »

Doesn't need to be somebody famous or nationally prominent. A mayor or state legislator would do. Whoever is young and fresh and will get democrats as excited as Barack Obama did in 2008. After criticizing Obama for lack of experience, Republicans have now effectively ceded that issue for a generation, and none of the democratic names currently being floated inspire me at all.
[/quote]

*cough* Julian Castro *cough*
[/quote]

Castro vs Trump 2020, because why not lose with a minority this time?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:29:56 AM »

^Malloy was also speaking to a bunch of state delegations at the DNC this year. I was at North Carolina's delegate breakfast one morning, and when he walked in he sat right next to me. We got to talk for a bit.

#Malloy2020

His amazing 24% approval rating should resonate with America.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 02:59:34 AM »

Reid Epstein of the WSJ says few politicos actually believe Biden is going to run in 2020, and speculates that he’s mainly trying to remain “relevant”:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/12/12/why-joe-biden-keeps-mentioning-a-2020-run/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Biden hinted towards this explanation in his interview with Tapper:

The post linked above also mentions’ some O’Malley news (re: his aborted DNC chair bid) that I hadn't heard before:

Well, Biden does have a history of taking a while to announce he isn't running. Not just 2016, he really was bidin' his time in 2004, too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 05:49:45 AM »

I don't get why people are talking up Newsom. Is he going to announce his presidential run in his inaugural address for Governor?

Somehow I never knew that he was married to Kimberly Guilfoyle... I now know what she hates Dems so much (Newsom cheated on her).  jk.. sort of

His current wife was once registered American Independent Party, LOL.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:31:03 AM »

If the Natural Born Citizen clause were amended, Arnold may be interested:

"Hey Donald I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job," said Schwarzenegger in a video. "And then people can finally sleep comfortable again. Hmm?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/317519-arnold-schwarzenegger-responds-to-trump-why-dont-we-switch-jobs

Trump may have an absolutely terrible approval rating in California, but it's not as bad as Arnold's when he was last in office at 20%.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 08:15:33 PM »

Ugh, Perez as DNC chair, and Hillary thinking of running again? The party really really really really must like losing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 07:46:44 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2017, 11:46:21 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Anyone else noticed that Corey Booker has totally dissapeared?
I like Cory but please stay that way the Bernie wing hates him so much he is an almost guarrented Trump reelection

Well, hopefully that pawn of Wall Street and big pharma who loves school privatization doesn't run, but he might be just trying to get the target off his back. If the Democrats wanted progressives to vote for them again, they could try standing for something like single payer rather than spending all their time trying to start a new cold war.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 12:32:48 AM »

I think Sherrod Brown is gonna run. Even though he doesn't seem interested in running, he's put out quite a few recent statements in regards to pushing the Democratic Party into a more economically left direction. Maybe it's just me, but I've seen a handful of statements and articles about him recently concerning that topic.

I think he's hesitant right now because he's up for reelection in 2018 (although Trump alone might make his Ohio reelection bid a fairly easy). After the 2018 midterms, I think he'll start testing the waters for a presidential run in 2020.

Sorry, but I highly doubt that. Ohio went the reddest it's been in a generation in the last election. It will take alot more than a Russia narrative to turn it back red.

Georgia went from Nixon losing by 12 in 1968 to him winning by 50 in 1972. It was obviously completely gone for the Democrats even if a native son in 1976.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/12/hillary-clinton-says-she-wont-run-for-president-again/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 11:07:50 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fellow-senators-visit-troops-afghanistan-article-1.3300402

elizabeth-warren-Warren is spending Independence Day with the troops (and fellow Armed Services committee members) in Afghanistan.

She went with Sheldon Whitehouse, John McCain, and Lindsey Graham.

Fun fact: Of the incoming class of Senators in 2012, Warren was the last of that group to do an overseas trip.  Her first one didn't take place until near the end of 2014.  But she's on the Armed Services Committee now, so I guess she has to care more about foreign policy.  Tongue

None of whom are likely to run in 2020 or 2024 (unless Whitehouse is doing something I don't know about).

Ugh, so she picks a crazy warmonger and someone who said that the Wall Street money backed Bernie to go with?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 07:38:01 AM »

Harris got good reviews from the Dem. donors she met with on Saturday, with one fundraiser saying he's convinced that she's going to run for prez:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/342431-dem-donors-buzzing-about-kamala-harris

The BrockBots are already calling anyone who criticizes her sexist. The 2020 primary is going to be a sh**thole.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 11:00:37 PM »

As someone who voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary, I hope he doesn't run again. Democrats will continue to lose if there's a constant "Hillary Democrat" vs "Bernie Democrat" divide. Clearly the 2016 election was a disaster for Democrats, and we need to move on from it and not run the same people in 2020 that we did in 2016.

That didn't stop the Republicans from winning in 1980.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 09:42:58 PM »

Back to the Hamptons for Harris, and she's hiring a lot of Hillary staffers. *vomits*

http://observer.com/2017/07/clinton-staff-donors-kamala-harris-2020/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:31 PM »

Bill de Blasio is in way over his head if he thinks he's the heir to the Sanders fortune.

Yeah, we're not really looking for some former Hillary campaign manager who went to Iowa last year to campaign for her in the Presidential primary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 10:19:47 PM »

I'm really glad there's finally a fresh, male perspective telling me that sexism is dead in America.

I'm not saying sexism is dead because it's not.. But sexism being the cause of Hillary's defeat? Come on.. The Left has came up with better excuses than that already.

Hillary's defeat was so tight that literally any one of a dozen factors, sexism included, could be identified as the cause.

This wasn't 2000, where you could blame things like one sigh from Gore.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 10:16:49 PM »

Cory Booker has terrible political instincts

Democratic Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.) gave $20,000 to the legal expense fund of Sen. Robert Menendez (D., N.J.), who is now on trial for corruption charges, records show. Booker appeared at the opening day of the corruption trial last week and sat in the first row behind his Democratic colleague. Booker said he expects "some serious appeals" if his mentor is convicted. "He's innocent until proven guilty. So he is an innocent man," Booker said.

Booker made the contributions to Menendez's legal fund from his own leadership political action committee, which was named CoryPAC at the time of the cash transfers. The first donation from Booker's PAC to Menendez's legal trust was made on Aug 17, 2015, in the amount of $10,000, the maximum amount that can be donated to the legal trust in a calendar year. Booker's second donation was made on March 4, 2016, and was also for $10,000. On April 18, 2016, a little more than a month after the second donation was made, CoryPAC changed its name to Purpose PAC, Federal Election Commission filings show. Booker appears to be the only politician who gave money to Menendez's legal fund.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/cory-booker-gave-20000-to-menendezs-legal-expense-fund/

It's amazing how out of touch the guy who decided that Obama was being too critical of Wall Street is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies