PA Sen: Obama and Biden endorse McGinty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:18:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Sen: Obama and Biden endorse McGinty
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA Sen: Obama and Biden endorse McGinty  (Read 2439 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:36 AM »

Obama and Biden endorse McGinty
swf541

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:15:09 AM »

Doubt it matters, McGinty isnt charismatic at all and her ads suck.  (Plus didnt Obama endorse Specter in 2010?)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:30 AM »

Smart move, Mr. Vice President!
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »

Hope they fail again. Embarrassing how the party treats Joe, an actual American hero against hacks like McGinty.

God forbid he runs in the Democratic primary against a Republican!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:02:51 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 11:05:58 AM by Da-Jon »

I doubt it matters, Sestak who is a Rear Admiral, is strong enough now to defeat McGinty & Toomey.

Sestak had entered the rsce early enough to ger the early start in fundraising. But, this eat is endatgered to falling off the electoral map for GOP along with FL, NH, WI, & IL.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »

Do Democrats WANT to lose this race or something?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »

They do.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 04:10:45 PM »

Yikes. Unlike most of the other McGinty endorsements, this one may actually have an impact.

Then again, Obama, Biden, and everyone else pulled out all the stops for Specter and he still lost. Here's hoping Sestak can have an encore!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »

Hope they fail again. Embarrassing how the party treats Joe, an actual American hero against hacks like McGinty.

Specter voted for Obamacare. In no way, shape, or form was he a Republican after he left the party.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 08:08:38 PM »

Specter voted for Obamacare. In no way, shape, or form was he a Republican after he left the party.

By that measure, Olympia Snowe (who voted for it in committee but was whipped out of it on the floor) is also a Democrat, and Kasich/Snyder/Sandoval/Martinez/Christie are borderline cases. (all of them expanded medicaid)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »

CLINTON does well in matchups to Trump; instead of PA being a tossup,  it is lean Dem at Presidential race. Toomey's race, has been moved by Cook to tossup.

I dont know why he has Johnson and Kirk still in tossup. I dont know why Sabato has refused to budge.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 09:36:33 PM »

CLINTON does well in matchups to Trump; instead of PA being a tossup,  it is lean Dem at Presidential race. Toomey's race, has been moved by Cook to tossup.

I dont know why he has Johnson and Kirk still in tossup. I dont know why Sabato has refused to budge.

Cook just declares anything remotely competitive a Tossup and makes only the most obvious predictions. Sabato is an actual prediction organization, using the Tossup category sparingly and moving every race into at least the leans category before election day. Toomey continues to lead in the polls in Pennsylvania, and the Democratic establishment is campaigning for the nomination of the weakest GE candidate (McGinty).

There's no justification for putting Johnson at Toss-Up, but Leans Dem can be justified very simply - early polls are irrevelant, most republicans will come home for Johnson so that he only runs a couple points behind the presidential ticket, and the state might go R in the presidential race.  As for Kirk, the race hasn't been polled in FOREVER, no one really knows what is going on. That means you can write the fundamentals to create a wide range of different stories about the race - you can argue anything from Toss-Up to Safe D, and perhaps even Lean R.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 11:52:17 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 11:54:21 PM by Da-Jon »

WALKER 's approvals are horrific, and Johnson has come put against McConnell blockade of Garland.  Feingold shall win, he has lead in every poll and  Baldwin won narrowly in 2012 51/47.

But Clinton will win Pa and Sestak will win primary and  the race will be very close and so will Ohio, where Strickland continues to outpoll Portman
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 02:01:09 AM »

I doubt it matters, Sestak who is a Rear Admiral, is strong enough now to defeat McGinty & Toomey.

Sestak had entered the rsce early enough to ger the early start in fundraising. But, this eat is endatgered to falling off the electoral map for GOP along with FL, NH, WI, & IL.

I like Sestak but I'd only vote for him if every part of him is an Admiral, not just his rear.  Cheesy

This is the last 'joke' I came up with before this.  If you're going to get a strata agreement, make sure it's in on one specific places and not on various places.  Because while a strata specific agreement isn't very expensive, a stratavarious (stradivarius) is very expensive.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 07:57:24 AM »

What makes McGinty such a bad candidate, OOC? I'm not saying this in support of her, I'm honestly curious.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »

By that measure, Olympia Snowe (who voted for it in committee but was whipped out of it on the floor) is also a Democrat, and Kasich/Snyder/Sandoval/Martinez/Christie are borderline cases. (all of them expanded medicaid)
No, expanding Medicaid is taking free federal money for your state. Voting for Obamacare is more liberal than taking the Medicaid expansion.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 06:13:51 PM »

What makes McGinty such a bad candidate, OOC? I'm not saying this in support of her, I'm honestly curious.

She hasn't held political office, so perhaps she is an unknown quantity in that sense, and certainly her polling numbers so far don't inspire much confidence.  Both of the other candidates seem more impressive from a quick glance, and no doubt the establishment is bucking Sestak in no small part for beating Specter in the 2010 primary, which seems pointlessly salty given that he was a pretty good candidate.  (I'd probably vote for Fetterman.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »

She's not horrible, but she's clearly inferior to Sestak.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »

Trump numbers are back to where most GOPers normaly are, thus Pa will go Democratic at Senate, too
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:35 AM »

McGinty has endorsed Clinton.  It's a quid pro quo.  Fetterman endorsed Sanders a few months ago, but I don't know whether Sanders has endorsed Fetterman.  I'm leaning toward voting for Sestak, but I haven't watched any of the debate.  We have a couple of weeks to make up our minds. 
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »

She hasn't held political office, so perhaps she is an unknown quantity in that sense, and certainly her polling numbers so far don't inspire much confidence.  Both of the other candidates seem more impressive from a quick glance, and no doubt the establishment is bucking Sestak in no small part for beating Specter in the 2010 primary, which seems pointlessly salty given that he was a pretty good candidate.  (I'd probably vote for Fetterman.)

Not only that, but didn't she place 4th with 8% in the Democratic gubernatorial primary in 2014? Her only electoral experience is dismal at best.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »

I am an Independent leaning Republican and I honestly am dissatisfied with Toomey and considering voting for Sestak in the fall if he manages to win the primary.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »

Also, Specter actually called himself a Democrat...
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 07:22:55 PM »

Doesn't really matter, even though I do consider myself an environmentalist, not sure if I would vote for her. She really doesn't have a chance to win the primary and would most likely lose to Toomey in the GE. Looks like we have a rematch on our hands.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies