TRUMP: "There has to be some form of punishment" for women who have abortions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:48:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP: "There has to be some form of punishment" for women who have abortions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMP: "There has to be some form of punishment" for women who have abortions  (Read 4793 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 31, 2016, 04:02:21 PM »

I used to support very harsh punishments for women who have abortions a la beheading and other cruel punishment. But, I don't support those views now and support a large fine while abortion doctors should be tried for murder.

Just so we make this clear: This is not representative of a majority of Pro-Lifers.

What, the majority believes that women who get abortions should instead be hanged, drawn and quartered?

The question asked of Trump was a logical one.  The answer Trump gave was a logical one, given the question.

The only reason to ban abortion is the fact that abortion kills a human being at a pre-birth phase of human development.  That's the reason I'm pro-life.  I really don't want to regulate other people's sex lives, and if they wanted to have multiple abortions as birth control I'd be OK with it if (A) abortion was something other than the taking of human life and (B) it wasn't on the taxpayer's dime.  But abortion is the taking of a human life, and from that perspective, what is wrong with Donald Trump's answer?

Ted Cruz made me laugh.  Mr. Pro-Lifer goes before the media essentially saying he doesn't want to punish women who get abortions.  Really, now, if abortion is murder, why wouldn't there be punishment for one of the parties who made it possible?  I'm sure that if Trump didn't suddenly outflank him on the absolutist side of the question, Ted would have called for Draconian penalties of his own.

Is it "extreme" to be pro-life now?  Is it "extreme" to believe that human life begins at conception?  I would ask those who disagree with that assertion just exactly where they believe human life DOES begin?  In actuality, and not just in law.  The nauseating thing about the Hillary Clintons of the world is that they dodge that question and refuse to answer it.  Isn't it "extreme" to be unwilling to define where, exactly, human life begins?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:05:50 PM »

As a Pro-choice Republican  RINO and freedom loving American this sickens me.
Fixed it I noticed that both of us identify as Republicans, and because your views don't exactly match mine, I, as the arbiter of conservatism, have decided that you're obviously not a Republican

Fixed it

Actually, Donald Trump fixed it.  The name of the game for the GOP is no longer "Who's the purest Movement Conservative?".
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »

As a Pro-choice Republican  RINO and freedom loving American this sickens me.
Fixed it I noticed that both of us identify as Republicans, and because your views don't exactly match mine, I, as the arbiter of conservatism, have decided that you're obviously not a Republican

Fixed it

Actually, Donald Trump fixed it.  The name of the game for the GOP is no longer "Who's the purest Movement Conservative?".

Tell that to 2012 nominee Rick Perry.

Perry didn't lose to a REAL conservative, but he did lose to a World Class Poser!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 08:45:05 PM »

Note that when Trump was asked whether the men involved should also be held responsible for abortions, Trump said, "no."
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-lewandowski-they-re-destroying-very-good-person-n548036

LOL.  As if his misogyny and overblown sense of male entitlement were not already clear enough.  It will be a pleasure watching Hillary throw this pompous pr**k around the ring.

Assuming that abortion were not legal:  Why should a man be held responsible for an abortion, unless it's the doctor performing it?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies