Dean: Democrats Could Take the West (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:35:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dean: Democrats Could Take the West (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean: Democrats Could Take the West  (Read 2596 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: June 06, 2005, 01:20:29 AM »
« edited: June 06, 2005, 01:22:12 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

AZ. NV, NM, and COLO. That's the best the Dems can hope for any time soon (plus the coast).

And lose Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and probably Minnesota in the process, plus they would basically be conceding Ohio and Iowa to the Republicans.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:25:33 AM »

AZ. NV, NM, and COLO. That's the best the Dems can hope for any time soon (plus the coast).

And lose Wisconsin and probably Minnesota in the process, plus they would basically be conceding Ohio and Iowa to the Republicans.

granted, but aren't these the states that are losing population and electoral votes? 

I added Michigan and PA too, as you can see.  I see it as a decent long term strategy, but we are talking very long term before those states out-wiegh the ones they would be losing, and the Dean would be gone in 8 years if they kept losing, anyway, thus taking them back to the tried and true.  the only thing they would acchomplish is losing credability with voters in the states I mentioned.  Let's face it, both parties are in a box right now.  Its just that the Democrats box is a bit smaller.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 01:27:19 AM »

Well, I think that the Republicans have more manuvering room, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies