Are you Prochoice? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:56:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you Prochoice? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are You Prochoice- Meaning all cases, even for convenience. (Prolife meaning the majority of cases)
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Are you Prochoice?  (Read 2556 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 04, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »

Yup, zero questions in my mind. If anything the US is currently too strict when it comes to abortion.

The US is one of the least strict nations when it comes to abortion.  I think China and North Korea are the only countries with less restrictions.

China and North Korea have less restrictions (especially in practice, as Tony points out) if the lens of analysis is 'how easy is it to get an abortion?', but vastly more if the lens of analysis is 'how easy is it to freely decide whether or not you want to get an abortion and safely carry out that decision, whatever it is?'. I think this is an important distinction, because morally serious pro-choice people are interested in the latter question, not just the former.

To answer the question, I'm not any more (either by the stupid leading definition in the OP or by the fairer definition of 'erring on the side of laxer abortion laws in general'), but I'm constantly going back and forth on how 'not' I am because I think there are still compelling moral and practical concerns on the pro-choice side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies