Opinion of Wolverine22?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:40:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Wolverine22?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of Wolverine22?  (Read 3228 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2016, 11:30:15 PM »

FF.

He's a great guy personally whose politics we have decided to bully as insecure Atlasians. It's honestly a disgrace, and I am saddened by the constant attack here. After apologizing at least three times here alone, we continue to either bully him if he stays in place or if he changes. I am insecure myself, but I can assure all of you bullying him will not help you. It may keep the spotlight off you, but it will not keep me from looking at you.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck off

Your substantive response is helpful.

doesn't merit a substantive response. "buhhhh why are you bullying x for their grotesque transphobia (/misogyny/racism/etc), sometimes they even halfheartedly apologise before continuing their stream of bullshyte" is one of the oldest, dumbest derails there is.

Bullying and mocking people is a very stupid thing to do. If it's that awful, ignore him. Put him on your Ignore List. There is never a good reason to do this. It just provides a sense of comradeship and makes you feel better about yourselves.

ignoring bigotry is tacitly supporting it.

really sad you think so but it explains a lot.
do you take time off to eat and sh**t and stuff or does that take too much time away from your moral imperative to be a jerk on the internet to everyone you think deserves it?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2016, 04:17:41 AM »

FF.

He's a great guy personally whose politics we have decided to bully as insecure Atlasians. It's honestly a disgrace, and I am saddened by the constant attack here. After apologizing at least three times here alone, we continue to either bully him if he stays in place or if he changes. I am insecure myself, but I can assure all of you bullying him will not help you. It may keep the spotlight off you, but it will not keep me from looking at you.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck off

Your substantive response is helpful.

doesn't merit a substantive response. "buhhhh why are you bullying x for their grotesque transphobia (/misogyny/racism/etc), sometimes they even halfheartedly apologise before continuing their stream of bullshyte" is one of the oldest, dumbest derails there is.

Bullying and mocking people is a very stupid thing to do. If it's that awful, ignore him. Put him on your Ignore List. There is never a good reason to do this. It just provides a sense of comradeship and makes you feel better about yourselves.

ignoring bigotry is tacitly supporting it.

really sad you think so but it explains a lot.
do you take time off to eat and sh**t and stuff or does that take too much time away from your moral imperative to be a jerk on the internet to everyone you think deserves it?

nah
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2016, 08:45:43 AM »

Not going to vote until I see if there is any change to be had here.

But, and I truly mean no offense, how do you 'change' these kinds of views? They seem embedded and well-nursed. You can't just change your views like a load of laundry. That's not how it works. It certainly won't happen quickly enough to reverse newfound opinions here.

I managed to change my views on this subject a few years ago, but I was never as hateful as Wolverine.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2016, 12:05:02 PM »

But, and I truly mean no offense, how do you 'change' these kinds of views? They seem embedded and well-nursed. You can't just change your views like a load of laundry. That's not how it works. It certainly won't happen quickly enough to reverse newfound opinions here.

I managed to change my views on this subject a few years ago, but I was never as hateful as Wolverine.

I mean, most people knew next to nothing of the issue a few years ago, apart from those directly impacted by it.  I tend to have a very reactionary way of viewing things, but if someone is willing to undergo hormone replacement therapy,  I think it's hard to say they ought to be denied it.

Also, for a lot of us, our peak aggression is while posting online.  Very few people would say the kind of stuff posted here in real life, so context is kind of important.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2016, 12:22:22 PM by Virginia »

The problem I see is that he already has clearly had plenty of exposure to the subject and developed quite an attitude towards it. He only started saying he would try to reevaluate his opinion when people turned against him. That doesn't really sound like a recipe for true change but rather a precursor to building a wall between one's real views and those expressed to the public.

That being said, I don't have a problem with his overall position on the bathroom/trans-related issue(s). Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and in this case, I think there are some arguments to be had for/against the bathroom issue. However, It's the way he expressed himself on it. Zero tolerance, a very hateful attitude and a seemingly lack of empathy for the position/issues facing the people on the other end of this debate.

I just hope he can learn to be more accepting and refrain from expressing such hostile anger towards people who are different in ways he may not agree with. I do think that is possible here.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »

Guys this is like the 3rd time he's played the "Oh please forgive me, I'm trying so hard to change my mind" game and then goes on even more hateful transphobic rants than before, so no, he's not going to change.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 04:14:55 PM »

Guys this is like the 3rd time he's played the "Oh please forgive me, I'm trying so hard to change my mind" game and then goes on even more hateful transphobic rants than before, so no, he's not going to change.

I feel sorry for anyone who falls for it, honestly.

He is just a really despicable fellow who seems to delight in taunting others.  I'm sure if we knew the full story we'd understand what traumatic event in his life led him to be such an incessant, petty bully, but I don't care to learn more.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »

It's not going to happen again. I know Clark will never believe me, but I honestly didn't realize how hateful I was being. I'm genuinely and truly sorry for my comments and to those who were hurt by them, and I'm better than that. I hope you can forgive me and move on, but if not, I understand. I'm not a bully, I'm not insecure, and I'm not that kind of person. I'm actually mostly a live-and-let-live kind of guy, and I let my skepticism of new cultural stuff get mixed in with an entire group of people. I'm truly sorry, and it won't happen again. I wish you could actually see the remorse I feel right now. I'm not a bad person, and if you met me irl, you'd see that I'm not lying about this. I really do hope you can forgive me.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »

I believe he said once that he literally hates all Republicans and conservatives, groups that encompass tens of millions of Americans ... doesn't seem like a friend you'd want.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2016, 10:28:41 PM »

I believe he said once that he literally hates all Republicans and conservatives, groups that encompass tens of millions of Americans ... doesn't seem like a friend you'd want.

I've grown older, wiser, and more mature since my early days on this site at age 19. If I'm ever elected to office I'll be a partisan SOB, but I don't hate the individual people like I used to.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2016, 11:36:04 PM »

I've grown older, wiser, and more mature since my early days on this site at age 19. If I'm ever elected to office I'll be a partisan SOB, but I don't hate the individual people like I used to.

Good luck with that.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2016, 11:27:32 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=232969.125
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length