Libertarian Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Libertarian Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the Libertarian nomination?
Gary Johnson
John McAfee
Austin Peterson
Darryl Perry
Marc Allen Feldman
Not a libertarian
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Libertarian Thread  (Read 7686 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: March 31, 2016, 03:39:08 PM »

DWPERRY OR RIOT
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »

The closest alternative to Ted Cruz on the Libertarian ticket is Austin Petersen, watch the debate. He's principled like Cruz but has speaking skills of Marco Rubio. I could vote for him if the election came down to Trump vs Clinton.

That's not a good thing.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »

The closest alternative to Ted Cruz on the Libertarian ticket is Austin Petersen, watch the debate. He's principled like Cruz but has speaking skills of Marco Rubio. I could vote for him if the election came down to Trump vs Clinton.

That's not a good thing.
Speaking skills and debating skills are two very different things.

True, but almost all Libertarian candidates lack debating skills. The two best debaters on the Libertarian side are an eccentric millionaire who may have murdered somebody, and a former Atlas poster. In the same field as a two-term governor. Think about that for a while.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »

Sam Sloan is the Gravel type, IIRC. That is, the left wing of the pragmatic Libertarians. Right?

Not at all. And I quote from his website:

"The reason is Hillary is being pushed to the left by extreme left-wing opponents. I hope to push her back towards the middle. Also, she is not being supported by her own party leadership. One rarely or never hears any other leading Democrat speak in favor of Hillary, except for her own husband Bill. This is strange. It seems that they want her to fail."

Marc Allan Feldman is a bit of a strange type, in that his most important issue seems to be his wanting to take money out of politics. He could fit the bill.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 09:39:28 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2016, 10:04:55 PM by Lt. Governor Smith (Labor-MA) »

If Trump wins the nomination, I will support Petersen, Feldman or Perry if they win the nomination. Other than that, I don't know what I'd do.

"Abolish the Federal government" Perry is acceptable to you, but not Johnson or McAfee?
Well, I'd support Perry because of Atlas reasons. I couldn't support Johnson after watching parts of Stossel's debate and I don't know enough about McAfee to comment on him.

McAfee's an interesting character, but I've grown to like him quite a bit. Here's his website, and here's a video unrelated to the campaign, but one you should watch.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »

Tragic.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »

Kevin McCormick and Shawna Sterling have been added to ISideWith. All I really know about either of them is that Sterling was accused of not being libertarian.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies