Libertarian Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Libertarian Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you support for the Libertarian nomination?
Gary Johnson
John McAfee
Austin Peterson
Darryl Perry
Marc Allen Feldman
Not a libertarian
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Libertarian Thread  (Read 7688 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« on: April 02, 2016, 03:52:30 PM »

Currently watching the LP debate on YouTube. First time I heard of Austin Petersen, he sort of reminds me of Marco Rubio.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:58:45 PM »

This is the political party Rand Paul should of ran in, and he would of won the debate. Austin Petersen comes in 2nd, Gary Johnson 3rd place.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 08:25:53 PM »

I gotta say, McAfee's voice is incredibly reassuring.  
I agree, I didn't think I could take the guy serious, but I think he's changed my mind. 

Now that I watched the debate, this give me more incentive to vote 3rd party.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 09:43:03 PM »

I have not seen the debate, but I think the issue here is the Gary Johnson is a two-term Governor of New Mexico.  He presents with credentials sufficient for the average citizen to say, "Yeah, he's up to the job."   This is important in a race where both major party nominees will have high negatives.

McAfee is crazy.  Period.
He's still better than Sanders and Clinton.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:51:33 PM »

So under what circumstances would the Libertarian nominee be granted a podium in a general-election debate? I heard that mentioned several times in the debate.

The current rule is 15% in national polls. 

Yeah basically, but there is also the fact that the debate commission is controlled by the republicans and democrats. That might pose a problem.
With Trump as the GOP nominee and no "real Republican" third-party ticket, I could see 15% happening in a poll or two.
The closest alternative to Ted Cruz on the Libertarian ticket is Austin Petersen, watch the debate. He's principled like Cruz but has speaking skills of Marco Rubio. I could vote for him if the election came down to Trump vs Clinton.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2016, 03:01:23 PM by 5280 »

For DWPerry and Marc Allan Feldman fans disappointed at their exclusion, they apparently went off and had their own debate on April 1 in Washington, DC. It will be posted to the PublicSquare.net YouTube channel sometime pretty soon (it's not there quite yet): https://www.youtube.com/user/PublicSquarenet/videos

DWPerry's giant disembodied head previously debated a Green Party candidate on that same channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXVyK30Zbn4

There was also a debate here in California yesterday, although Perry didn't make it. It was two rounds and featured 4 brand new candidates in the first round, before they were eliminated, and the second round ended up being McAfee, Johnson, Petersen, and Feldman. The livestream was awful and kept cutting out, so I only caught bits and pieces, but I actually thought Feldman did pretty well.
Very awkward. Perry debating through a computer monitor, is this the Matrix now?
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 01:24:29 AM »

Libertarian Party Poll - Who won the debate?

Petersen - 45%
Johnson - 23%
McAfee - 19%
Other - 13%

Three way:

Petersen - 51.5%
Johnson - 26.5%
McAfee - 22.0%

I tend to agree. I was disappointing with this debate, even though its just for Stossel's show. All the candidates seemed to have dramatic up and down moments of the debate, Johnson especially is just awkward in his speaking and seems like he never rehearsed or cared. Petersen is the Marco Rubio of the libertarian party presentation wise, and the most libertarian-lite of them all ideologically. He's the candidate that probably doesn't have the best policies but the one that is the most polished who seems very pragmatic and reasonable. McAfee is somewhat weird with his questioning of Stossel, definitely the one that could be casted as 'out there' or whatever, but very polished on some answers with good confidence. I would vote for all three of these guys so I don't mind who gets nominated, what I really want though is for the libertarian party to become much more high-profile than it has been. Its really sad seeing good alternatives being shut out by the corporate media. Its quite sad that this qualifies as an official 'forum' for a political party, and that previous debates that look like they were filmed in a potato and get 88 views on Youtube. Things really need to change...
Well said. I'd vote for any of those 3 over Clinton and Trump.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 01:29:35 AM »

Fox News, MSNBC, CNN need to start vetting for national Libertarian debates on TV. It's the only way more people get exposed to an alternative 3rd party to the GOP and DEMs.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »

Johnson had an awkward closing statement, its like if he's hesitant to say something that he really wanted to.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 12:01:36 PM »

Why do people take McAfee seriously? The guy was investigated for murder and has a lot of personal life issues that could prevent the Libertarians from maybe hitting 3% this cycle.

Because he's still better than the clown (Clinton) to the left of me and the joker (Trump) on the right.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 12:14:47 PM »

Darryl W. Perry Has Been Cheating And Buying Votes For Online Polls

http://alibertarianfuture.com/2016-libertarian-party-nomination/darryl-w-perry-cheating-buying-votes-online-polls/#sthash.7ZVnTMoF.dpbs
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies