Mississippi House Passes Religious Freedom Bill, Edit ACLU files suit over bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:10:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mississippi House Passes Religious Freedom Bill, Edit ACLU files suit over bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mississippi House Passes Religious Freedom Bill, Edit ACLU files suit over bill  (Read 4842 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 04, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »

There's no necessity for a religious freedom bill. We've had a religious freedom bill since the ratification of our Bill of Rights December 10, 1791.

Republicans trying to undermine progress and are sore sports they lost.

You guys cheated. We voted for traditional marriage state by state (even California). We used the democratic processes to protect the definition of marriage. You guys used oligarchs in black robes. This fight isn't over by a long shot. Get ready for a president Cruz and a conservative replacement to Scaila. Restoring the rights of the states to decide laws regarding social issues (life, marriage, religious liberty). The rainbow jihad is going for revenge wanting to directly attack the economic and civil liberties of people of religious conscience. You can't say that that's not happening.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:43:59 PM »

There's no necessity for a religious freedom bill. We've had a religious freedom bill since the ratification of our Bill of Rights December 10, 1791.

Republicans trying to undermine progress and are sore sports they lost.

You guys cheated. We voted for traditional marriage state by state (even California). We used the democratic processes to protect the definition of marriage. You guys used oligarchs in black robes. This fight isn't over by a long shot. Get ready for a president Cruz and a conservative replacement to Scaila. Restoring the rights of the states to decide laws regarding social issues (life, marriage, religious liberty). The rainbow jihad is going for revenge wanting to directly attack the economic and civil liberties of people of religious conscience. You can't say that that's not happening.

So to protect religious people, LGBT people shouldn't have...you know...any rights?

Hold on afletich. Besides my opposition to gay marriage and military service, I'm actually quite tolerant of those of lgbt persuasion. When the debate over domestic partner benefits was going on I actually supported that. Just because I'm on the other side of the marriage issue doesn't mean I don't want to trample on all the progress the lgbt community has made. What has raised my anger is that an element of your community wants to threaten legal and economic destruction on folks of conscience just because they want to follow closely held beliefs on marriage and family.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies