ADL complains of antisemitism in Disney's Zootopia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:42:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  ADL complains of antisemitism in Disney's Zootopia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ADL complains of antisemitism in Disney's Zootopia  (Read 2880 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2016, 07:48:55 PM »

http://www.adl.org/press-center/c/disneys-zootopia-exhibits-jewish-stereotypes.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've seen the film and I think this is an overreaction, especially the bit about Judy since the second half of the film is all about her making up for her mistaken first impression. Thoughts?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFU1y928dw
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »

Zootopia became largely predators after Bernie won it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 10:37:12 AM »

Zootopia became largely predators after Bernie won it.

Bernie just doesn't understand predator issues. Bunnyburrow is 95% prey, how can he make a connection with the predator community if he doesn't even know any?
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »

ADL complains of antisemitism in everything, news at 11.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »

I actually fell for this because I didn't see this thread until after April 1st and because Disney has had a history of alleged anti-Semitism in its films.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 10:43:20 PM »

I fell for this because I, not being one to catch up with cinema, had no idea what Zootopia is and just assumed that Disney made a character that offended ADL somehow.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »

I fell for this (clearly) just because I don't really watch cinema and the ADL is pretty consistently histrionic.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »

To be fair, I did post this fairly late in the day because I thout of it at work and waited to get home before posting it. I do recommend going to see the movie. It's likely gonna win best animated movie at next year's Oscars and might get a nomination for best movie overall tho even without Oscar's bias against animation, it has no chance at the big prize.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 08:01:08 PM »

To be fair, I did post this fairly late in the day because I thout of it at work and waited to get home before posting it. I do recommend going to see the movie. It's likely gonna win best animated movie at next year's Oscars and might get a nomination for best movie overall tho even without Oscar's bias against animation, it has no chance at the big prize.

Finding...Dory....'nuff said to that
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 08:46:36 PM »

I feel like Finding Dory will end up being overrated because of Finding Nemo's near sacred status.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 09:23:18 PM »

I feel like Finding Dory will end up being overrated because of Finding Nemo's near sacred status.

Won't stop the Oscars, they almost always go with Pixar with very few exceptions.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »

Zootopia? More like Jewtopia amirute
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »

Finding...Dory....'nuff said to that

Pixar's sequels, like most sequels, generally aren't as good as the original. That plus Oscar's long standing bias in favor of message movies should be enuf to guarantee Zootopia the prize.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »

If Inside Out (the best film of 2015 and the best Pixar film ever), didn't even get nominated for best picture, I can't imagine Zootopia will.  While we're on the Oscars' bias against animated films, it's too bad they don't ever recognize voice-acting work in the acting categories.  Ellen DeGeneres (Finding Nemo), James Gandolfini (Where the Wild Things Are), Scarlett Johansson (Her), and Phyllis Smith (Inside Out) all were more deserving than some the actual nominees during their respective years.  And while I don't think he deserved a nomination for it, there is certainly an argument to be made that Jeremy Irons deserved a supporting actor nomination for his performance in The Lion King.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 10:54:28 AM »

If Inside Out (the best film of 2015 and the best Pixar film ever), didn't even get nominated for best picture, I can't imagine Zootopia will.  While we're on the Oscars' bias against animated films, it's too bad they don't ever recognize voice-acting work in the acting categories.  Ellen DeGeneres (Finding Nemo), James Gandolfini (Where the Wild Things Are), Scarlett Johansson (Her), and Phyllis Smith (Inside Out) all were more deserving than some the actual nominees during their respective years.  And while I don't think he deserved a nomination for it, there is certainly an argument to be made that Jeremy Irons deserved a supporting actor nomination for his performance in The Lion King.

Except that it did win for Best Animated Feature.

@Ernie: Pixar has four sequels out, two of which fit the usual complaint, the other two are Toy Story sequels which easily surpass the original.

Also, Disney has a princess feature coming out later this year in the form of Moana
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »

The reference to "Zootopia values" represented by the slogan "anyone can be anything"(aka rich bankers) is clearly a reference to "New York values," clearly anti-Semitic.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »

Except that it did win for Best Animated Feature.

@Ernie: Pixar has four sequels out, two of which fit the usual complaint, the other two are Toy Story sequels which easily surpass the original.

Also, Disney has a princess feature coming out later this year in the form of Moana
Re: Best Animated Feature: And...? 
Re: Toy Story sequels: Toy Story 3 was better, but Toy Story 2 sucked.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »

Guys, the poop I just took just whispered something pro-Palestine to me. Who do I call? If I flush it the ADL and SPLC will call me a bigot but if I keep it in the bowl, the ADL will sue my building for allowing a culture of hate to flourish. Help! Help!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 09:23:17 PM »

Guys, the poop I just took just whispered something pro-Palestine to me. Who do I call? If I flush it the ADL and SPLC will call me a bigot but if I keep it in the bowl, the ADL will sue my building for allowing a culture of hate to flourish. Help! Help!

...You do realize this was an April Fools' Day joke?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »

Oh man, please don't mention it!  Finding Nemo is perhaps the most overrated movie of all time, or is a finalist at the very least.  When I saw it, I thought it was pretty lame, and too scary for my tastes.  One of my very least favorite films.  Sometimes I swear my mom and I are the only people who don't like that film.  It reminds me of that old Far Side cartoon with the tiny gathering of the "Didn't Like Dances with Wolves Society."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 09:40:46 PM »

Oh man, please don't mention it!  Finding Nemo is perhaps the most overrated movie of all time, or is a finalist at the very least.  When I saw it, I thought it was pretty lame, and too scary for my tastes.  One of my very least favorite films.  Sometimes I swear my mom and I are the only people who don't like that film.  It reminds me of that old Far Side cartoon with the tiny gathering of the "Didn't Like Dances with Wolves Society."

Sounds like you just have bad taste in films.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 06:51:55 AM »

Sounds like you just have bad taste in films.
If you like that movie, then I would say YOU are the one with bad taste.  Whatever; to each his own.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies