Opinion of Bernie's Income Tax Plan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:43:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Bernie's Income Tax Plan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Proposal

Horrible Proposal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Opinion of Bernie's Income Tax Plan?  (Read 4509 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« on: April 02, 2016, 09:04:20 AM »

Massive HP (sane)

My parents (who make around $300k a year) would pay a 62% tax rate under this plan (and around 67% if you include state income taxes). 67% tax rate is insane. No one should be paying that much.

This plan would kill jobs and would hurt all classes. Sanders is an insane nut job. He's well-intentioned though.

I like Hillary's plan a lot better.

Hillary's plan isn't insane

I would enthusiastically vote for Trump over Sanders. Trump is so much better than him.

As much I do oppose this plan or any plan that increase taxes, I do want to take exception with your personal example.  If I read this chart correctly, the percentage numbers on the chart are marginal tax rates and not total tax rate.  So while your parents whose income is $300K will pay more taxes under Sander's plan than today, it does not mean their total tax rate becomes 62% under Sander's plan, which I of course totally oppose.  
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »

Looking at Sander's plan around the 118.5K region indicates to me that his plan does not increase the SS tax cap bit in stead will in crease FICA across the board.  He seems to start taxing SS again at 250K. I find that interesting as if his goal is to increase relative tax burden on those with higher income, increasing such a cap or getting rid of entirely is a easy a d simple way to do it on top what he is doing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies