Opinion of Bernie's Income Tax Plan? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:17:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Bernie's Income Tax Plan? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Proposal

Horrible Proposal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Opinion of Bernie's Income Tax Plan?  (Read 4486 times)
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« on: April 02, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »

I'm willing to pay more to get more. I don't mind paying higher taxes so long as it actually goes to good things and not terrible experiments.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:56:02 PM »

Tax increases are only a problem if a candidate pledges to do so.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 01:59:21 PM »

Tax increases are only a problem if a candidate pledges to do so.

Well Bernie has pledged to massively increase everyone's taxes (while laying waste to a number of industries that cumulatively employ millions of people), so I think it's definitely a problem in this case.

If you promise tax cuts and the other promises tax increases, the former may win and then raise taxes themselves. So I'd rather support a transparent candidate like that.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 06:17:14 PM »

Holy sh**t, Bernie would get mercilessly slaughtered in the general. No wonder why the Republicans have been playing pattycake with him for the past year.

And sorry guys, but if you need the typical voter to read a 10 paragraph debunking or to visit "bernietax.com", you've already lost.

Not a chance would he get slaughtered.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »

Watching a bit of a 1992 general election debate between Clinton, Bush and Perot reminded me why Democrats have won 4 of the 6 elections since 1992 and why they lost 5 of the 6 before '92. Clinton spoke about a pro-middle class economic plan that lay the burden on the wealthy, promising no pain and all gain for the middle class. That is the same theme I've seen time and time again from the Democratic establishment; it reminds me a lot of Obama's campaign message in 2012, that the rich need to pay their fair share (Clinton 1992's exact words). Romney at the time criticized "trickle-down gov't" and bemoaned that the government doesn't create jobs, the private sector does. Those are the exact words of Bush in 1992. Bernie Sanders would change the Democratic message to be pain and gain for the middle class. That message lost Democrats many elections, and the party can't afford to lose this one against Cruz or Trump.

Well, the harsh reality is you may have to give a little to get a little. Higher taxes, maybe, but at least you get something for it.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »

Holy sh**t, Bernie would get mercilessly slaughtered in the general. No wonder why the Republicans have been playing pattycake with him for the past year.

And sorry guys, but if you need the typical voter to read a 10 paragraph debunking or to visit "bernietax.com", you've already lost.

Not a chance would he get slaughtered.

Yes, he would. Sorry, but you're a delusional hack.

Not a chance he'd get slaughtered at all. If anything, he'd do the slaughtering.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 08:37:58 AM »

Reason No 1 why Republicans will eviscerate him if he somehow ends as the Democratic candidate.
Yes!

Who is supposed to eviscerate him? Donald and Ted? Not a chance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies