Would Hillary be better to ignore Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:59:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would Hillary be better to ignore Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Hillary be better to ignore Trump  (Read 686 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2016, 06:58:23 AM »

As we have seen with Rubio and Jeb Bush, once you lock horns with Trump, it becomes a self consuming perpetual slide in the ratings.

Should Hillary simply ignore Trump and focus on her positive policies with only passing references to the Republican Party.

It just seems like she will get lost in Donalds "sphere of influence" and become an "anti-Trump" like figure, in the process, losing her appeal and message of her potential Presidency.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 07:20:28 AM »

I think it's better for her to pick on Trump.

More media coverage makes it likelier that Trump is the nominee, and that would be great for Hillary.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 07:31:29 AM »

I think Hillary Clinton would do well to ignore Trump for now. Both parties need to get to their conventions; there will then be more than enough time for the nominees to get into it...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 07:54:41 AM »

During the GE season? No, it doesn't work this way.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 07:58:29 AM »

Ask Dukakis how not responding to attacks works out.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »

Planned Parenthood is gonna do most of attacking and Crossroads fpr GOP. She should focus on economy.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 12:54:46 PM »

If trump attacks Hillary, then she should respond.
Otherwise, she should mainly ignore him for now.
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 01:13:40 PM »

I think she should attack him during this primary season, as one prior poster has already stated, this will most likely help to make him her eventual opponent in the fall. During the general election, Hillary should attack both Trump and the Republican Congress in a style reminiscent of Harry Truman in 1948, especially if by late September/early October she has a substantial lead in the polls.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 02:10:56 PM »

Ask Dukakis how not responding to attacks works out.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 02:33:34 PM »

Right now especially not, with all the closed primaries coming up, it would be best for Clinton if Democrats see her taking on everyone's mutual enemy.

In the general, still no. She just needs to respond with "he's a douche", only in more polite ways.
Fargobison

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »

She should she throw some jabs at both Trump and Cruz.

It isn't like they ignore her.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 04:33:15 PM »

More media coverage makes it likelier that Trump is the nominee, and that would be great for Hillary.

I really want to hear your case for Cruz having a better chance than Trump.  Unless, that is, you think the convention will pick a 3rd person who is more electable?

I think the case is pretty simple.  Most polls show Cruz as more electable than Trump.  At the very least, Cruz won't risk losing Utah and will lessen the chance of losing Arizona thanks to Mormons' utter hatred of Trump.  Apart from that, Cruz probably won't draw as many opposition votes as Trump would.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 07:14:59 AM »

I really want to hear your case for Cruz having a better chance than Trump.  Unless, that is, you think the convention will pick a 3rd person who is more electable?

I think the case is pretty simple.  Most polls show Cruz as more electable than Trump.  At the very least, Cruz won't risk losing Utah and will lessen the chance of losing Arizona thanks to Mormons' utter hatred of Trump.  Apart from that, Cruz probably won't draw as many opposition votes as Trump would.

If you mean by "more electable" able to lose by less, than yeah, I suppose you're right. According to the realclearpolitics report, the only candidate polling well against Clinton is Kasich.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 09:00:21 AM »

Cruz is polling as well as he is because Trump is taking up virtually all of the media coverage, and virtually the only coverage that Cruz gets is "Not Trump", which makes him look reserved and moderate by comparison. I continue to believe that he's actually much weaker than Trump in a general election (though I don't think either has a very good chance of winning) because he lacks Trump's appeal to working class white Democrats, and his views on social issues, which are far out of the mainstream, will turn off suburban moderates, though perhaps not to the same degree that Trump will.
indietraveler

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 03:15:42 PM »

I just saw clips of her on the view today. I think it's fine if she addresses him like she did here. As long as she doesn't stoop to Rubio levels. She can attack him while still looking calm and looking like a real adult.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies