Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:43:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”  (Read 3269 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 07:33:30 AM »

Yikes. Getting uglier every day.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 08:19:53 AM »

Yeah, this quote doesn't look good from any angle.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 08:39:03 AM »

Except if you read the quote in context it does. But, you know, I can take Bernie out of context too. I can say that he said that "breadlines were a sign of economic health" and not give you the whole story about how happy he was with Cuban communism in the 80s. See... context matters
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 08:52:41 AM »

Rather sad that this campaign has turned several good posters into intellectually bankrupt fools. Some apparently are willing to believe every right-wing lie about Clinton just because it fits their preconceived feelings about her.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 08:55:39 AM »

What can you expect?

She is a fraud & most of her supporters in the forum are class-less hacks - So her comments and the cheap comments from supporters are both expected!
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 09:08:12 AM »

Damn a lot of the Bernie supporters in this thread sound like right-wing idiots.

The people in this thread who sound like right-wing idiots are the Clinton supporters shouting "lol dumb kids want free stuff".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 09:09:32 AM »

Can we please stop providing butchered quotes without any context?

Thank you.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 09:10:17 AM »

Except if you read the quote in context it does. But, you know, I can take Bernie out of context too. I can say that he said that "breadlines were a sign of economic health" and not give you the whole story about how happy he was with Cuban communism in the 80s. See... context matters

I was simply stating a fact, that this quote doesn't look good. I'm sorry if that offends you. Do I need to get you a safe space?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »

Can we please stop providing butchered quotes without any context?

Thank you.

Sorry that I couldn't fit it in a full title bar, I explained it in the main thread
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 09:14:24 AM »

Literally in shock about how Bernie has given hillary a real run in this election on the Dems side. Hillary will win the nomination but shes going to have to fight for it all the way until the convention and wont be able to focus on the general or pivoting her views toward a general election until after the convention.

Thought she was going to already be the only candidate left on the left. Man there must be numerous people kicking themselves on the left now that didn't run; Biden, Cuomo ect.
DS0816
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 09:25:01 AM »

As a 22-year-old in 2008, I didn't believe Obama when he said he was going to usher in this new big thing called HOPE and CHANGE, and turns out I was right. Hillary knows how Washington works and knows how to get things done. Young people really need to take elections more seriously, but they don't because it's not as fun as posting on Facebook and taking selfies.

For 18 to 29 voters to consistently give Bernie Sanders, and not the long-expected frontrunner Hillary Clinton, 80 percent of their vote in state after state … there is at least one reason why that is.

I think the No. 1 reason is that the 18 to 29 voters are connecting with the platform presented by Bernie Sanders much more significantly than Hillary Clinton.

That is an example of taking these 2016 Democratic presidential primaries/caucuses seriously.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 09:31:36 AM »

Damn a lot of the Bernie supporters in this thread sound like right-wing idiots.

Who exactly, other than dax00?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »

What we have in 2016, just as we did in 2008, are a large group of voters without a long enough memory to understand that ALL of the candidates are morally compromised as the price of admission to the game.  They thought Obama was a special snowflake, and now they think Sanders is a special snowflake.  They are in the denial phase of the process.  Those who have moved on to anger support Trump, while Clinton supporters have reached acceptance.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »

Wow, I really am starting to like Sanders.  I don't think he is the best choice, but I think he is genuine and actually thinks his policies are good, and I can see why people support him.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 12:16:18 PM »

There may be merit to her complaint but it was a dumbthing to say.  Obviously Sanders and his supporters are getting under her skin.  And when she is trying to show how she is more presidential than Trump she can't have moments like this
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »

There may be merit to her complaint but it was a dumbthing to say.  Obviously Sanders and his supporters are getting under her skin.  And when she is trying to show how she is more presidential than Trump she can't have moments like this

Agreed.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »

I can't even comprehend why a young person would back Hillary Clinton. And I've basically never met one who didn't work on Wall Street, finance, or the Democratic Party in some capacity. Well, them and the hardcore SJWs.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2016, 03:48:45 PM »

I join Clinton in sorrow for all those who Sanders has brainwashed into supporting his hopeless candidacy.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2016, 03:55:14 PM »

I join Clinton in sorrow for all those who Sanders has brainwashed into supporting his hopeless candidacy.

You say that while you have the same picture in your signature as ProgressiveCanadian. Make up your mind.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 03:55:53 PM »

I can't even comprehend why a young person would back Hillary Clinton. And I've basically never met one who didn't work on Wall Street, finance, or the Democratic Party in some capacity. Well, them and the hardcore SJWs.

You forgot the Blaxicasians.

Um, most of them?
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »

Um, most of them?

Sanders has actually consistently crushed Hillary among Asian voters. See: his landslide victory in Hawaii, which is no longer considered diverse or largely non-white by the media after it voted for Sanders.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 03:58:42 PM »

She's saying she feels sorry for young people who believe his lies that she's too close to the fossil fuel industries. She's right, and I agree with her: Bernie is selling snake oil to these naive college kiddies who obviously are "resonating" with his message of free college, free pot, free everything! Most younger voters are more moved by fancy speeches and empty rhetoric than impressive resumes with experience and substance (see 2008 for a reference). That's why they're going so strongly for Bernie: they like hearing terms like revolution, free this, free that, and are turned off by Hillary because she speaks like a policy wonk and lays out the details. I heard a coworker of mine once say, "Of course the younger voters are going to vote for Bernie. He's saying what they want to hear and she's not."

You and your candidate just ooze contempt for those who don't support her.

Yeah, yikes.  That was a painful read.

It must be boring to constantly have to refer to "FREE STUFF" like some sort of nutty right-winger.  If Hillary Clinton had even the vaguest appreciation for why people are sick of political debates being constrained by the terms Ronald Reagan set 30 years ago, she wouldn't be making ridiculous comments like this.  But she's a terrible politician and seems to be continuously snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  This doesn't sound like a candidate who is 220 delegates ahead.  You don't refuse to debate Donald Trump because you don't like his "tone."

Why did Hillary Clinton stop taking donations from private prisons if those donations don't influence her politically?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 04:04:29 PM »

It must be boring to constantly have to refer to "FREE STUFF" like some sort of nutty right-winger.  

You're right, it's not free at all. He will need to raise taxes for everyone.
But he conveniently forgets to mention that fact.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 04:05:50 PM »

Um, most of them?

Sanders has actually consistently crushed Hillary among Asian voters. See: his landslide victory in Hawaii, which is no longer considered diverse or largely non-white by the media after it voted for Sanders.

Yeah Hillary has only consistently won blacks (although Bernie certainly won them in Vermont). Bernie generally seems to be winning Native Americans and Asians, and Hispanics seems to depend on the state. Conversely, there are a number of states where Bernie failed to win whites.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2016, 04:07:28 PM »

It must be boring to constantly have to refer to "FREE STUFF" like some sort of nutty right-winger. 

You're right, it's not free at all. He will need to raise taxes for everyone.
But he conveniently forgets to mention that fact.

If you think US tax rates are too high, I want some of what you're smoking.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies