Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:15:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Clinton: “I Feel Sorry For Young People Who Believe Sanders”  (Read 3261 times)
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2016, 04:08:07 PM »

I can't even comprehend why a young person would back Hillary Clinton. And I've basically never met one who didn't work on Wall Street, finance, or the Democratic Party in some capacity. Well, them and the hardcore SJWs.

You forgot the Blaxicasians.

Damn a lot of the Bernie supporters in this thread sound like right-wing idiots.

Who exactly, other than dax00?

Um, most of them?

Sanders has actually consistently crushed Hillary among Asian voters. See: his landslide victory in Hawaii, which is no longer considered diverse or largely non-white by the media after it voted for Sanders.

Yeah Hillary has only consistently won blacks (although Bernie certainly won them in Vermont). Bernie generally seems to be winning Native Americans and Asians, and Hispanics seems to depend on the state.

So the one black dude in Burlington voted for Bernie Sanders?

I kid. Yeah, Native Americans also seem to have gone for Bernie. He's crushed in Alaska/Oklahoma and I suspect he'll destroy in South Dakota. Bernie has also done much better among Northern Blacks than Southern Blacks for reasons I don't understand.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »

It must be boring to constantly have to refer to "FREE STUFF" like some sort of nutty right-winger. 

You're right, it's not free at all. He will need to raise taxes for everyone.
But he conveniently forgets to mention that fact.

If you think US tax rates are too high, I want some of what you're smoking.

That's a nice straw-man you built there.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »

I can't even comprehend why a young person would back Hillary Clinton. And I've basically never met one who didn't work on Wall Street, finance, or the Democratic Party in some capacity. Well, them and the hardcore SJWs.

Damn a lot of the Bernie supporters in this thread sound like right-wing idiots.

Um, most of them?

Sanders has actually consistently crushed Hillary among Asian voters. See: his landslide victory in Hawaii, which is no longer considered diverse or largely non-white by the media after it voted for Sanders.

Yeah Hillary has only consistently won blacks (although Bernie certainly won them in Vermont). Bernie generally seems to be winning Native Americans and Asians, and Hispanics seems to depend on the state.

So the one black dude in Burlington voted for Bernie Sanders?

I kid. Yeah, Native Americans also seem to have gone for Bernie. He's crushed in Alaska/Oklahoma and I suspect he'll destroy in South Dakota. Bernie has also done much better among Northern Blacks than Southern Blacks for reasons I don't understand.

I can think of some reasons. Hillary lived in the south 25 years, and can switch to a southern accent. Southern blacks tend to be more religious and more conservative than northern blacks, just as  whites have the same differences.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2016, 04:16:11 PM »

As opposed to the Hillary people screaming "lulz Bernie bros just want free stuff loooolz"
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2016, 04:16:16 PM »

It must be boring to constantly have to refer to "FREE STUFF" like some sort of nutty right-winger.  

I'll ask it again, since you seem to want to respond to everything without actually adding anything substantive: why did Hillary Clinton stop taking donations from private prisons if the donations don't influence her political decision making?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2016, 04:18:53 PM »

I'll ask it again, since you seem to want to respond to everything without actually adding anything substantive: why did Hillary Clinton stop taking donations from private prisons if the donations don't influence her political decision making?

And that relates to my initial post exactly how?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »

Bernie has also done much better among Northern Blacks than Southern Blacks for reasons I don't understand.

A greater share of Northern Blacks actually made it into the middle class in recent decades. That's not to say that a majority of Southern Blacks are poor; in fact, large majorities are working-class and up regardless of the region.

However, economic success for Blacks in the North (and in particular, the Rust Belt) in the 20th century was more widespread and they have been impacted more substantially by the forces that Sanders rails against (outsourcing, NAFTA, manufacturing losses). The Black middle class in many of these Northern and Midwestern states was made possible by manufacturing and the like. Therefore, his message - rooted much more in economics than Clinton's - resonates better in these areas because these communities have fallen farther economically, relative to where they were some decades ago.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2016, 04:22:26 PM »

So, just so we're clear, you have nothing to add to this discussion other than a snipe about taxes going up under Sanders' policies?

It makes me question why you bothered to post at all if you weren't going to address something related to the thread.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »

So, just so we're clear, you have nothing to add to this discussion other than a snipe about taxes going up under Sanders' policies?

Yeah, just that inconsequential matter.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

So what does that have to do with the thread, exactly?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2016, 04:28:11 PM »

So what does that have to do with the thread, exactly?

Um, it was you who moaned about people talking about Bernie promising free stuff.
I just corrected the record.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2016, 04:30:37 PM »

This makes no sense.

If she decided to stop taking the donations because they were influencing her decisions, it means she's reflective enough to understand when she's being bought and takes the appropriate actions to neutralize this problem. Great! Since she apparently has good judgement on these matters, I trust that she has used the same criteria to determine that her Wall Street donors are, in fact, not actually influencing her! Yay!

On the other hand, it could have nothing to do with buying influence at all and simply be that she rejected the money because people were making too big a stink about it and she didn't want to deal with the drama, even though in reality it's a non-issue. She doesn't do the same with Wall Street because unfortunately she does need the money. The good thing is, she's shown that she doesn't let this money influence her and actually uses it to help support other Democrats.

So what's the problem?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »

Um, it was you who moaned about people talking about Bernie promising free stuff.

You haven't corrected any record at all.  Are you really so dense as to assume that a seasoned poster on this forum doesn't understand the relationship between taxation and spending?

You've added nothing to this conversation except contributed to an unpleasant atmosphere.  You have no insight, no worthwhile analysis, not even a humorous comment.  You bring nothing to the table.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »

You haven't corrected any record at all.  

So, you believe that Sanders will not raise taxes to everyone and not just the rich?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 04:37:51 PM »

If she decided to stop taking the donations because they were influencing her decisions, it means she's reflective enough to understand when she's being bought and takes the appropriate actions to neutralize this problem. Great! Since she apparently has good judgement on these matters, I trust that she has used the same criteria to determine that her Wall Street donors are, in fact, not actually influencing her! Yay!

On the other hand, it could have nothing to do with buying influence at all and simply be that she rejected the money because people were making too big a stink about it and she didn't want to deal with the drama, even though in reality it's a non-issue. She doesn't do the same with Wall Street because unfortunately she does need the money. The good thing is, she's shown that she doesn't let this money influence her and actually uses it to help support other Democrats.

Just so I can make sure I understand you correctly, the negligible (in comparison to her Wall Street donors) amount from private prisons could have been influencing her, so she demonstrated good judgement in refusing the donations, but when the amount increases, that is no longer an opportunity to demonstrate good judgement?

I agree that the second scenario is more likely - of course she made the decision to end the pointless drama over private prisons, but if you don't see how that raises questions about her acceptance of donations from other sources, I'm not sure what to tell you.

So, you believe that Sanders will not raise taxes to everyone and not just the rich?

If you can find where I said that, or anyone else said that in this thread, you will get a gold star!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »

If you can find where I said that, or anyone else said that in this thread, you will get a gold star!

So if what I said is true what exactly is your problem?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »

I beg your pardon, and I really do not wish to continue conversing with you, but you've corrected nothing and made no true statements.  You made an implication that I think Sanders will raise taxes only on the rich, which again, I invite you to display where I said that.  You don't seem to understand that you are trying to pull off this discussion onto a tangent that is unrelated to the original topic.  There is no "gotcha" here.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:22 PM »

I beg your pardon, and I really do not wish to continue conversing with you, but you've corrected nothing and made no true statements.  You made an implication that I think Sanders will raise taxes only on the rich, which again, I invite you to display where I said that. 

It seems to me that you are a bit confused. I mentioned that as a fact, not as something you said.
Jesus Christ, and people say that I need to lighten up.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »

Jesus F**king Christ. Are you capable of responding to anything without making your usual cheap personal attacks?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »

Um, most of them?

Which comments by Sanders supporters in this thread remind you of "right-wing idiots," aside from the fact that they're criticizing Clinton?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »

Um, most of them?

Which comments by Sanders supporters in this thread remind you of "right-wing idiots," aside from the fact that they're criticizing Clinton?

He seems to have a problem with deciding whether Sanders supporters are "far-left like SYRIZA" or "right wing". Though it's probably doesn't matter to him as long as he can threw stupid labels around.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »

All these comments about her being corrupt and untrustworthy are the same talking points FOX News and right-wing talk radio has used against her the last 25 years.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »

Assuming Sanders did become President, the same fanatical supporters backing him now would end up hating him when he couldn't get any of his plans through a Republican House. Sanders knows that he is overpromising and that is really the wrong thing to do.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2016, 05:04:38 PM »

Lyndon, you claim that Sandernistas are using the FOX News right-wing attacks against Clinton, yet you're using right-wing attacks against Sanders. That sounds very hypocritical to me.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »

Gee, and I thought I was bad when I used to get triggered by Trump... if Sanders supporters are "right-wing" then I don't know what to tell you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies