"Big Oil" Bernie has investments in fracking companies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:47:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "Big Oil" Bernie has investments in fracking companies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Big Oil" Bernie has investments in fracking companies  (Read 2384 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 04, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
« edited: April 04, 2016, 11:56:54 AM by Torie »

His investment is via mutual funds that, as noted, he does not control. His net investment is probably less than 0.5% of his portfolio if that much. I own index funds, that invest in the entire stock market, foreign and domestic, in companies via various index funds that are large and small and micro. So I "own" fracking companies too, along with God knows what, in tiny dribs and drabs.  Sue me!

This is really an unfair hit on Bernie. But in this campaign season, fairness goes down the drain first.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »

There are quite a few socially responsible investment (or SRI) mutual funds with good performance.  If one wants to be pure on an issue, there is no reason not to use SRI funds.

They are not prudent investments if one's bulk of one's equity portfolio is invested therein. They are inadequately diversified. Many have high fees. But I suppose, if one wants to make a point, one could do that. Anyway, the rap against Bernie is totally unfair on this one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies