A Resolution to Condemn China
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:16:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: A Resolution to Condemn China  (Read 5622 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2005, 08:11:37 PM »
« edited: June 06, 2005, 08:45:22 PM by Senator Gabu, PPT »

OMG PBRUNSEL IT'S THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!11111

Be it resolved by the Senate here assembled;

Whereas; China has repeatedly violated human rights.

Whereas; China’s human rights violations violate their own international commitments.

Whereas; The Chinese Government condones the usage of cruel and unusual punishment for its prisoners.

Whereas; The Chinese Government continues to persecute all political ideas contrary to those of the Communist Party of the People’s Republic of China.

Whereas; The Chinese Government continues to persecute all religions.

Whereas; China persist in, despite international outcry against, its' one-child policy.

Therefore be it enacted by the Senate that; China should be condemned for its crimes against human rights.

I hereby open debate on this resolution.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 08:13:17 PM »

Techincally, it hasn't been 24 hours since a bill has been withdrawn, but I'm not going to press the issue.  Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 08:14:36 PM »

Techincally, it hasn't been 24 hours since a bill has been withdrawn, but I'm not going to press the issue.  Smiley

Ah, damnit, I forgot about that pesky Official Procedural Resolution.

Well, I'll lock these threads until 24 hours pass.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »

Okay, now I open debate on this bill. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 08:35:53 PM »

Gotta love bills presented in Model UN style. Tongue
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 08:52:56 PM »

Seeing I introduced this I am in favor of it. Smiley

I believe that this is the first needed step to finally get international support in the fight for a free China.

By showing the lies they have made and how their ideas are despised by free world, we can help free the people of an oppressed land.

I urge a proponent vote.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 08:58:09 PM »

I just don't really see what this resolution does. I mean, it's all ceremonial, and doesn't actually help the people in any way I can see.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 08:59:47 PM »

I just don't really see what this resolution does. I mean, it's all ceremonial, and doesn't actually help the people in any way I can see.

We can't just declare war.

This is simply pinting out to the nation, and the world, China's attrocities. More legislation will follow this one.

Let's remmber the Taiwan Protection Acxt was the major stone in the Free China Wall.

Be patient, more will come.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 09:03:57 PM »

Well, we can.

It just wouldn't be a very good idea. Smiley
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 09:08:15 PM »

I would advise the senator that there is a certain situation with North Korea right now that it might be better to resolve first.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 10:26:15 PM »

I really have nothing to say on this.  I don't see the reason why we need to proclaim something out loud that we're already doing behind the scenes (witness the Repeal of the Family Planning Amendments thingy).  And I see no reason to damage potential trade with China, which is beneficial to all in this country.

On the bill itself, there needs to be some grammar corrections, that's about all.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 10:38:18 PM »

So, basically we are just confirming the news reports that China is communist and communism is bad? 
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 07:53:40 AM »

On the bill itself, there needs to be some grammar corrections, that's about all.

What grammar problems?

Heck, i've checked this thing over, and I can assure there are none, or perhaps fewer than 2.

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 09:32:46 AM »

This is just a resolution.  This shouldn't take up much of our time.  Either you approve or disapprove.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 12:15:53 PM »

There isn't really much point to this at all.  And like Philip said, there are other countries in the world that pose a much more serious threat (e.g. North Korea).  Is it really wise to start a war of words with a soon-to-be-superpower that are gradually trending towards becoming a capitalist democracy anyway?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 02:17:50 PM »

I'm sorry to say this but this is just a thinly veiled hollow threat against China. It seems like its saying that China is a great menace to democracy but that Atlasia doesn't want to do anything about it. This is just words that, at best, would not keep China from doing anything or, in the worst case scenario, cause a crisis between ourselves and the Chinese worse than the one during the PBrunsel administration. I am probably either going to vote nay or abstain unless Senator Brunsel can give me a good reason why this would actually help democracy in China.

Also, just FYI, China has around 300 known nuclear missiles, most of them SRBMs and MRBMs which can easily reach Taiwan, South Korea or Japan, and around 25 nuclear missiles capable of reaching the United States. Well that is nothing compared with the US nuclear aresenal of, I believe, 25,000 it still doesn't make a war with China any less of a horror.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 06:26:19 PM »

I'm sorry to say this but this is just a thinly veiled hollow threat against China. It seems like its saying that China is a great menace to democracy but that Atlasia doesn't want to do anything about it. This is just words that, at best, would not keep China from doing anything or, in the worst case scenario, cause a crisis between ourselves and the Chinese worse than the one during the PBrunsel administration. I am probably either going to vote nay or abstain unless Senator Brunsel can give me a good reason why this would actually help democracy in China.

Also, just FYI, China has around 300 known nuclear missiles, most of them SRBMs and MRBMs which can easily reach Taiwan, South Korea or Japan, and around 25 nuclear missiles capable of reaching the United States. Well that is nothing compared with the US nuclear aresenal of, I believe, 25,000 it still doesn't make a war with China any less of a horror.
The first step to taking a principled stand against China would be for our government at least to recognize their atrocities in some way.  I realize that this bill dosen't do much in the way of action but an empty condemnation is better than none at all.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 11:20:47 PM »

Since there seems to be no debate here, I would like to call for a vote on this resolution.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 06:29:10 AM »

Since there seems to be no debate here, I would like to call for a vote on this resolution.

I'll second this.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 09:00:26 AM »

I'll second this.

Third it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2005, 09:42:36 AM »

4th it
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »

I fifth the resolution.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 02:49:22 PM »

Here is why this will help Democracy in China, since it will turn the world against China.

China has been breaking promices ever since it went Red. By piting out what they ahve done and the evils they have committed strongly and withoiut waffaling and fence sitting we will show the World that we are not scared of them , we a re willing to point out their lies, and we will not succumb to their Marxist ideaology of coverups, we will show the World that China can be defeated. "The truth shall set you free."

This is why, Senator Wixted, this needs to be passed.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 03:45:45 PM »

I'm sorry to say this but this is just a thinly veiled hollow threat against China. It seems like its saying that China is a great menace to democracy but that Atlasia doesn't want to do anything about it.

That's not even a cell true. This resolution says they are a threat, and says what they do. A resolution does not need to say what will be done, ti points out a problem. Hey, Colin, if you are willing to write a BILL to do something more with China then more power to you, this was just the first step of my master design for China. I seem to be the only one who cares about this anymore.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's silly, this pints out the lies of China's past. They will have to fess up to the untruths and hlf-truths they have told, not just Atlaisa, but the United Nations and all the world.

Isn't that what they were saying as President. "AAAAH NUCULER WAR!!!!!!", did it come? No. Will it come. NO. It won't come, because, not even Communists,l want an armageddon that will destroy humanity. Somehwat silly and unreasonable argument Mr. Senator, although I see your concern. Rest assured, China is as willing to have peace and not a nuculer war as we are, but to talk ourselves into the idea that little old Mr. Brunsel will cause a war that will destroy humanity because I wish to expose Chinese lies is not a reasonable argument against this.

I just did that my good friend, I have told you why China must fess up to it's lies. It has told some whopers. Goign from forcing abortions to controlling its threats on Taiwan, it has been one great lyiong force for a long time.

In a larger sense, this is to unveil and show the World the human rights abuses and the abuses to all those who love and cherish liberty. Colin, read and re-read the resolution. See what China has done to freedom. No religon, no two-party system, no free speach. Tell yourself, "Here I am, ]A Senator. I am in a MULTI-party system and and MULTI-opinioned land. Where I can come before an elected body and say my opinion for all to hear." This is what freedom is my friend, this is what freedom can accomplish. This is but the first of many steps to talking care of China's attacks on liberty, freedom, and justice.

China's human rights abuses are attrocious. They make children as younf as 6 work 16-hours days for $1 a day. They kill peaceful polical protesters and they imprison any who speak against the Communist party. To vote this against this resolution and not show the free world that the Republic, yes Republic, of Atlasia an stand up and shout from the Hill the evils of Maoism and Marxism, than we have let down freedom and justice for all.

I urge you, and all Senators, to expose China for the lies they have told, and get an explantion to why they continue to disrespect human rights and disrespect human dignity.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 04:37:59 PM »

Do not talk to me as if I was a child dear Senator. I know better than anyone the current political situation in Red China and the human rights abuses therein. I guess I will go through and comment on what you said in pieces.

We already have a bill that acknologes the militaristic, un-democratic nature of the People's Republic of China, it's called the Taiwan Protection Act which was passed during your administration. In this, along with the providing of aid to Taiwan aid was also provided to pro-democracy groups in China as well in order to bring democracy and to curb and end human rights abuses. China was condemned several times by your administration and by Secretary of State Siege. This government has continually condemned the worst of offenses against the Chinese people.

In response to your second comment I must also say that how would this change anything? If China lied before then why would a resolution like this solve any of the problems except just rehashing the same condemnations that have been made repeated, and rightfully so, by repeated governments of Atlasia. Why will they have to fess up? Seriously, why would it be in Chinese governments best interests to come out now and start telling the truth after they have lied to the world since 1948? As you said in your comments about nuclear war the Chinese the Chinese have their own selfish reasons, keeping hold of their power, not to go to war. So then why should this hostile government now fess up to these atrocities?

I never said anything about a nuclear war, Senator. I only stated some facts about their arsenal at the end of my post to relay facts to people since many people think that the Chinese have many more nuclear warheads and delivery systems than they actually do (I know that I was suprised when I found out those numbers myself). When I say crisis I usually mean a diplomatic crisis. The Chinese would probably consider it suicide, as of now, to attack the US in any way even if their was a large rift formed between the respective governments.

Lastly Senator PBrunsel I would ask that you not mock and patronize me when you are answering my questions and rebutting my comments.

I personally believe that non-miltary actions, like sanctions and tariffs, help to better bring about change than words alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies