The Clinton campaign goes PUMA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:59:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Clinton campaign goes PUMA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Clinton campaign goes PUMA  (Read 3049 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/5/hillary-clinton-has-lost-patience-bernie-sanders-w/
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 05:50:07 AM »

She's been far too soft on him while Bernie has been very aggressive these past few weeks. So it's about time.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:53:32 AM »

Jfern is literally the person with the least credibility on that matter.
He makes Rush Limbaugh look like Lanny Davis.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 07:28:26 AM »

Early reporting today suggests that she'll be reporting the "I wish he spent as much time criticizing George W. Bush as he does criticizing Obama" line, which is a, uh, interesting choice. Where's the stuff about Sanders being a tax-and-spend Manchuriab hippie communist sex pervert that we keep hearing about from certain people?

The sad part is that she's going to win NY by a pretty wide margin, and probably beat expectations because of great organization - which should be praised - but we'll inevitably see simpleton pundits reporting that going negative was Clinton "finding her voice." Ugh.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 08:00:06 AM »

It's past time for the gloves to come off.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 09:23:54 AM »

It would be disappointing if she resorted to personal attacks on Bernie. Even if it helped her in the upcoming contests, it would soon backfire on her.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 09:26:06 AM »

Sanders has refused to say whether he'll support her, has refused to raise money for state parties and has ran on the basis of 'Hillary is corrupt'
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 10:01:22 AM »

Sanders has refused to say whether he'll support her, has refused to raise money for state parties and has ran on the basis of 'Hillary is corrupt'

Thank you. That's because Bernie is all about himself, his ideology and this nonexistent "revolution" he's hoping for. He has no loyalty to the Democratic Party because he thinks it's owned by the boogeymen he so frequently demonizes: Wall Street. And yes, it's high time she went after him and give him a dose of his own medicine. Whoever is advising her to "play nice" for fear of "alienating" the Sandernistas needs to be let go from the campaign.

And to be precise, jfern, there is no "party unity" with the campaign allegedly going rogue since your candidate isn't even technically a member of the Democratic Party. Nice try again with your Sandernista propaganda, though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »

Didn't jfern vote for Nader? LOL
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »

Suits Clinton & her cheap hacks - I used to think maybe a couple of them are decent, but they start to lose their real colors come out. That is the test of a person - How you react in defeat.

Clinton is classless & so are most her fans. Suits her.

Bring it on!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »

I'm sure he's making plans to go Green soon after his candidate drops out. #ReadyForJillStein
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »

Suits Clinton Bernie & her his cheap hacks - I used to think maybe a couple of them are decent, but they start to lose their real colors come out. That is the test of a person - How you react in defeat.

Clinton Sanders is classless & so are most her his fans. Suits her him.

Bring it on!

Fixed it for you.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:23 AM »

The fact that she feels the need to despite the fact that she's clearly still winning easily and this can only damage the party in the long run should convince anyone that she is a terrible politician.

If any more mainstream good candidate had run, I'm confident she would have lost.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 10:43:48 AM »

The fact that she feels the need to despite the fact that she's clearly still winning easily and this can only damage the party in the long run should convince anyone that she is a terrible politician.

If any more mainstream good candidate had run, I'm confident she would have lost.

Wah wah wah. "Why is she going to do to my candidate what he's been doing to her all along?" The knife cuts both ways. All's fair in love and politics. Sounds like the Sandernistas are starting to get nervous now. Maybe they realize their train is about out of steam. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »

Wah wah wah. "Why is she going to do to my candidate what he's been doing to her all along?" The knife cuts both ways. All's fair in love and politics. Sounds like the Sandernistas are starting to get nervous now. Maybe they realize their train is about out of steam. 

This is bad politics. You'd easily realize it if you weren't such a deluded hack.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 10:50:35 AM »

Bad politics and permanently setting Democrats up for charges of hypocrisy - some fair, some unfair - wrt campaign finance and government corruption. Maybe you don't agree with Sanders on these questions, but to treat this critique as a personal attack on Clinton is inaccurate and, I think, a significant misunderstanding of what he and most of his supporters believe.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »

Lol how is calling someone a corrupt liar not a personal attack?!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »

Is this why the Berniebots are screaming bloody murder?
LOL, what a bunch of crybabies.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/transcript-politicos-glenn-thrush-interviews-hillary-clinton-221512

CLINTON: I don’t understand how you wouldn’t want to elect down-ballot Democrats, starting in this election, which is why I’ve been raising money for the Democratic Party, because I believe the more we build up our organization, the more prepared we are, it will not only help me in November, it will help lift up and elect other Democrats as well.

THRUSH: When he puts his head on a pillow at night, do you think he goes to sleep a Democrat?

CLINTON: [Laughs] Well, I can’t answer that, Glenn, because he’s a relatively new Democrat, and, in fact, I’m not even sure he is one. He’s running as one. So I don’t know quite how to characterize him. I’ll leave that to him. But I know there’s a big difference between Democrats and Republicans, and I know that Senator Sanders spends a lot of time attacking my husband, attacking President Obama, you know, calling President Obama weak and disappointing.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »

I'm not sure what Sanders has said or done that equates to calling Clinton a corrupt liar.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 11:43:42 AM »

I'm not sure what Sanders has said or done that equates to calling Clinton a corrupt liar.

... you're kidding, right?

He's spent his whole campaign painting the picture of "us versus them," "good versus bad," "honest versus corrupt." True, the evil boogeyman is Wall Street and the super-wealthy, but if you spend all your days building up that boogeyman and then allege even subtly that Clinton is a part of that, you don't have to actually connect the dots in order for your supporters too... It's still a shady attack meant to undermine her character. Except because he cleverly doesn't say it outright he gets to think of himself as taking the moral high road? Uh, that's not how it works.

And I think it is absolutely hilarious for a Sanders supporter to suddenly care about party unity. At this juncture, there is value in deflating the Bernie balloon. It'll show that Hillary doesn't sit and take it, is prepared to win the nomination with force, and will bring that same vigor to the general election campaign. You talk about party unity, but perhaps there are enough soft Sanders supporters who would be more easily drawn to the Clinton camp by her arguments against Sanders than if the primary went on for months and months with her not hitting back and these supporters getting further indoctrinated into the Cult of the Bern. Bring the guy down to earth and maybe a few of his less entrenched supporters will see reason too. Clearly he will make no effort to unite the party when loses, so Hillary has to force the unity on her own. Good for her.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »

... you're kidding, right?

He's spent his whole campaign painting the picture of "us versus them," "good versus bad," "honest versus corrupt." True, the evil boogeyman is Wall Street and the super-wealthy, but if you spend all your days building up that boogeyman and then allege even subtly that Clinton is a part of that, you don't have to actually connect the dots in order for your supporters too... It's still a shady attack meant to undermine her character. Except because he cleverly doesn't say it outright he gets to think of himself as taking the moral high road? Uh, that's not how it works.

And I think it is absolutely hilarious for a Sanders supporter to suddenly care about party unity. At this juncture, there is value in deflating the Bernie balloon. It'll show that Hillary doesn't sit and take it, is prepared to win the nomination with force, and will bring that same vigor to the general election campaign. You talk about party unity, but perhaps there are enough soft Sanders supporters who would be more easily drawn to the Clinton camp by her arguments against Sanders than if the primary went on for months and months with her not hitting back and these supporters getting further indoctrinated into the Cult of the Bern. Bring the guy down to earth and maybe a few of his less entrenched supporters will see reason too. Clearly he will make no effort to unite the party when loses, so Hillary has to force the unity on her own. Good for her.

None of which amounts to a personal attack. It's a serious criticism of the political system that (some) Democrats make quite frequently. I believe that it is a fair criticism and I will vote accordingly; others will disagree on substance, and that's another discussion. But if you can't recognize that, it's a failure of critical thinking.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »

Good. It's about time.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »

Wait, Bernie isn't sharing his money with down-ballot Democrats?  Then what the hell is he going to do with all those millions after he drops out?  PUMA indeed.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 12:34:09 PM »

Wait, Bernie isn't sharing his money with down-ballot Democrats?  Then what the hell is he going to do with all those millions after he drops out?  PUMA indeed.

We've been discussing this for some months, much to the chagrin of Sanders cultists.
I bet that after he drops out he just sits on them like Evan Bayh did. He seems that kind of egotistical jerk.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »

It's about time she starts to go after this far left loon who has done nothing for Democrats and insists on lies to further his own delusional revolution
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies