Opinion of "The People vs. O.J. Simpson"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:49:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of "The People vs. O.J. Simpson"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of "The People vs. O.J. Simpson"  (Read 458 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »

Since last night was the finale of "The People vs. O.J. Simpson" on FX, I wondered what you guys thought of it. I found it to be a well-acted, well-written, well-casted, all around excellent crime drama, regardless of whether or not they flubbed or exaggerated some details here and there for dramatic effect.

Esquire has responded by running a marathon of the O.J. trial condensed from eight months down to 7 and a half hours with the actual, original footage from the courtroom. As I sit on my couch suffering from back spasms, I turned on the Esquire show and I can't help but laugh at how big a f(inks)ing idiot Kato Kaelin was.

All in all, as someone who enjoys high-profile murder trials, "The People vs. O.J. Simpson" was a treat. I was around for most of the trial-opening arguments began on January 24, 1995 and I arrived on February 28-but obviously was in a state of blissful ignorance in my infancy.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2016, 12:10:32 PM by Virginia »

Absolutely love it. To be honest, I'm still not sure if this is meant to be funny or not - the whole case is that ridiculous. The part where they are arguing about how many hairs the state should be allowed to take for testing was absolutely hilarious:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now someone please tell me that isn't funny as hell.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »

I watched the whole trial.  That was enough for me. 
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 04:18:52 PM »

I have yet to see it but intend to. FX is rarely a miss for me with their dramas (i.e Justified, The Americans, etc)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:01:39 PM »

Excellent show. I hope OJ finds the real killers in season 2.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 06:38:02 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2016, 06:40:25 PM by Malcolm X »

Excellent show

On a different note, how perfect is it that Mark Fuhrman went on to become a Fox New contributor who was always appearing on the network after Michael Brown was murdered?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »

Excellent show

On a different note, how perfect is it that Mark Fuhrman went on to become a Fox New contributor who was always appearing on the network after Michael Brown was murdered?

And the fact that he has a huge bromance with Sean Hannity. The Fuhrman transcripts provide you what most police officers think of the modern day issue of police/civilian relations, just with a lot more candor.

"People there don't want n***ers in their town. People there don't want Mexicans in their town. They don't want anybody but good people in their town, and anyway you can do to get them out of there that's fine with them. We have no n***ers where I grew up."

"No, we have to eliminate a choke hold because a bunch of n***ers down in the south end of L.A. have a bunch of these organizations in the south end, and because all n***ers are choked out and killed -- twelve in ten years. Really is extraordinary, isn't it?"

"He grew up in school with all blacks, and every time a n***er looked at him, he'd jump them cause he figured they were going to jump on him, so he might as well start the fight right now and get it over with.

"N***er drivin' a Porsche that doesn't look like he's got a $300 suit on, you always stop him."

"No, if I would have arrested the son of a bitch I would have killed him. If I ever see the son of a bitch and we're alone, I would kill him. If there's nobody except him and me, dead men tell no tales. See, he killed two policemen. I have an obligation if I ever have the opportunity, I should kill him. And that's all there is to it."

"See if you did the things that they teach you in the academy, you'd never get a f(inks)ing thing done. I'll split up the people, that's fine. You split up two suspects and you say, where you from? What's his name? That's great, but if he doesn't tell you, you give him a shot in the stomach with your stick and say: 'Listen boy, I'm talking to you, and you better give me some attention or I'm gonna f(inks)ing drop you like a bad habit.' Now can you tell me a female you see doing that?"

That guy is now a "Crime Scene Expert" on Fox News.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:52 PM »

Great show. The guy playing Darden was fantastic, and really the whole cast was. I even like Travolta.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies