1 in 4 Sanders Supporters Won't Back Hillary in November (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  1 in 4 Sanders Supporters Won't Back Hillary in November (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1 in 4 Sanders Supporters Won't Back Hillary in November  (Read 2653 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: April 06, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »

And 50% of Hillary's voters in Indiana and North Carolina would never support Obama in 2008.
We all know how it ended.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »

A substantial fraction of Sanders supporters are Conservadems and mad-at-the-world independents who never supported Obama or Clinton in the first place. 

This. I bet a good number of them would vote for TRUMP in the general even if Sanders had dropped out and endorsed Clinton weeks ago.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 01:32:27 AM »

I saw it mentioned somewhere else that 15% of Sanders voters "did not remember who they voted for, or voted for Bradley" according to some exit polling; 4% for Clinton voters. The math, however, suggests that if less than 50% of those Sanders voters voted for Bradley, then the overall result wasn't altered.

Additionally, Bradley won by 91,000 votes; the GOP primary had 98,000 more voters. The result - regardless of the finer points - was effectively spot-on in terms of expectations from turnout.

The fact is that the difference between Clinton and Sanders regarding downballot races was stark again.
Clinton endorsed Kloppenburg, attacked Bradley as a bigot, and urged her supporters to vote for that race.
Sanders completely ignored it and I doubt even if he released a token press statement endorsing the Democratic candidate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:02:58 AM »

Bernie urged his voters to vote Kloppenburg also, and Kloppenburg underperformed the Democratic voters the most in Milwaukee, which just happened to be the only county Hillary won.

And which proves exactly what, besides the fact that brown-nosing Sanders is a full-time job for you?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 03:52:30 AM »

Bernie urged his voters to vote Kloppenburg also, and Kloppenburg underperformed the Democratic voters the most in Milwaukee, which just happened to be the only county Hillary won.

And which proves exactly what, besides the fact that brown-nosing Sanders is a full-time job for you?

Coming back with personal attacks doesn't help your argument. Try it again, this time with an actual counter argument.

You can't counter-argue a non-sequitur post.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 06:56:43 PM »

You have to remember that the vast majority of Sanders supporters are well-off white people. So they can afford to vote for Trump and not feel the effects of his presidency.

Interesting theory.  What does the exit polling suggest wrt how high-income earners are voting in the Democratic primaries?

Well, I don't know about exit polls but I'm pretty sure Susan Sarandon has little to lose with a president TRUMP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies