Starbucks worker to Rick Scott: "You're an A*shole!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:03:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Starbucks worker to Rick Scott: "You're an A*shole!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Starbucks worker to Rick Scott: "You're an A*shole!"  (Read 1817 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »

I guess Florida Man has been transformed into a woman to be politically correct in these sensitive times.

But, seriously, treat your Governor with some respect.  I would, even if I lived under Governor Cuomo.

Why? Rick Scott is a terrible person. He doesn't deserve respect. You could argue the only reason he is still in office is because various people couldn't bring themselves to vote for anyone who didn't have an R next to their name.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 11:51:39 PM »

I guess Florida Man has been transformed into a woman to be politically correct in these sensitive times.

But, seriously, treat your Governor with some respect.  I would, even if I lived under Governor Cuomo.

He'll deserve some respect when he starts respecting workers of his state.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2016, 12:00:28 AM »

Rick Scott should be rotting in jail for defrauding Medicare.  The idea that he gets away with that while the working poor have no health insurance is a joke.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2016, 05:45:39 AM »

No, because it was a customer and not a worker there. If it had been a worker she should have been fired for berating a customer instead of taking his money.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »

Cara Jennings is not a worker and is not poor. Allow me to be the expert here.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »

The best part is she claims to be poor but she has a Mac Computer and is at Starbucks of all places.

Please quote where she claims to be poor.... I love the whole eye rolling 'she has a macbook'. You can be relatively comfortable in life whilst still caring about the poor you know
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »

And this matters because? Or are people not allowed to care about the well-being of a group they are not a part of?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »

And this matters because? Or are people not allowed to care about the well-being of a group they are not a part of?
Since when did you become bourgeoisie scum?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »

Is it caring, or is it just a narcissistic desire for attention and recognition as one of the 'nice people' that motivates this type of behaviour? I mean, how does this specific action help the poor in any way shape or form? If you want to help the poor, vote in an election for a party that you believe will assist the interests of the poor, or actually, you know, physically help the poor yourself in whatever way you can. This is just shameless attention seeking that achieves absolutely f all.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

Is it caring, or is it just a narcissistic desire for attention and recognition as one of the 'nice people' that motivates this type of behaviour? I mean, how does this specific action help the poor in any way shape or form? If you want to help the poor, vote in an election for a party that you believe will assist the interests of the poor, or actually, you know, physically help the poor yourself in whatever way you can. This is just shameless attention seeking that achieves absolutely f all.

Leave it to the narcissist who takes pleasure from crushing live snails to find more fault with a single sentence than an entire record of a Governor whose antipathy towards the poor knows no bounds.
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »

The Governor Strikes Back!

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Florida-Gov-Rick-Scott-Drops-Revenge-Video-About-7237784.php

Way to spend those tax dollars, Florida.

After a viral video of a woman cursing him out in a coffee shop went viral this week, Florida Governor Rick Scott decided to unleash his own retaliatory clip on the world — and his very vocal critic.

The video, titled “Latte Liberal Gets an Earful,” begins with a brief replay of the verbal barrage Scott encountered.

“That woman clearly has a problem,” the video’s narration informs the viewer. “And it turns out that she’s a former government official who refused to recite the pledge of allegiance and calls herself an anarchist.”

The woman has been identified as Cara Jennings by Tampa Bay ABC affiliate WFTS.

The video then touts Scott’s jobs record in Florida — a major gripe in Jennings’ harangue session –and attempts to turn the Jennings’ own words against her.

“A million jobs?” Jennings can be heard saying on the video. “Who here has a great job?”

“Well. Almost everybody,” the video’s narrator asserts. “Except those who are sitting around coffee shops, demanding public assistance, surfing the internet and cursing at customers .”

Touche. And douchey.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2016, 07:53:28 PM »

Wow, Rick Scott has time to put that hit job together but still has no idea how to manage the economy?  Shocker!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »

Leave it to the narcissist who takes pleasure from crushing live snails to find more fault with a single sentence than an entire record of a Governor whose antipathy towards the poor knows no bounds.

Lol. Well, I mean, the snail thing was mostly a joke (although to be honest when I was a kid I did find it somewhat amusing), but, you know, on the point of my being a 'narcissist', I'd simply say that whilst I'm as much of a flawed human being as the rest of us, narcissism isn't particularly my bag, quite unlike what seems to be the case with this woman.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2016, 06:14:49 AM »

^^
Pretty terrible people. How can anyone side with this corrupt slime ball?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »

How did a convicted felon get elected Governor of Florida? This is a state that ends up in the news when criminal shenanigans occur there, but still.

I think that the Democrats should've nominated Nan Rich in 2014 and she might have stood a better chance.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »

He made an attack ad against some angry woman in a coffee shop? Rick Scott is an as**ole. Has Donald Trump made entire videos attacking the protestors at his rallies?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »

How did a convicted felon get elected Governor of Florida? This is a state that ends up in the news when criminal shenanigans occur there, but still.

I think that the Democrats should've nominated Nan Rich in 2014 and she might have stood a better chance.

I hate Rick Scott more than any gov in this country, but I guess words just have no meaning now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2016, 12:27:41 PM »

The people of Florida obviously did.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2016, 01:20:37 PM »

51.86% of them voted for someone else for governor in 2014.

Hardly a statement of confidence.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 02:13:38 AM »

More importantly, he's a Criminal.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 02:16:51 AM »

At least he was civil when he defrauded Medicare by $1.7 billion.

The Criminal should be in jail. The fact that the media takes "muh emails" 1000x more seriously than a literal Criminal being governor of the third biggest state in the country shows the extent of their sexism.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »

But... he was never convicted of any wrongdoing.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 04:32:30 PM »

I would assume most officeholders encounter angry people on a daily basis. Did he really create an attack ad against her? Grow some thick skin dude.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 05:41:51 PM »

That still doesn't say much. I agree with others, grow some balls Rick.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies