Sanders calls Clinton "unqualified" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:05:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders calls Clinton "unqualified" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Sanders calls Clinton "unqualified" megathread  (Read 7487 times)
BundouYMB

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »

Used to think I could vote for Sanders if he won. But, I'd probably abstain or vote for Trump at this point. The man is clearly unqualified. He doesn't know a thing about his own policies. He incites these ludicrous supporters who think that they should be given everything without working for it. And he doesn't support the party whose nomination he's running for.

He's a crook.

QFT. He'll say or do anything in his shady, backroom campaign to steal the nomination.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »

Hillary Clinton is clearly unqualified to be President.  Blaming Sanders for the Sandy Hook deaths when she has supported an endless stream of war is reprehensible.

She should be ashamed, indeed, she should drop out ASAP.
I have been arguing likewise. This is and always has been my biggest objection to her and whether she has learned from these mistakes remains to be seen. (although she may be less extreme in her militant pro war philosophy than any of the potential Republican challengers). I hope that Democrats can pressure her to a more reasonable position, should, as some would argue, she get the nomination of her party.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2016, 09:46:16 AM »

Used to think I could vote for Sanders if he won. But, I'd probably abstain or vote for Trump at this point. The man is clearly unqualified. He doesn't know a thing about his own policies. He incites these ludicrous supporters who think that they should be given everything without working for it. And he doesn't support the party whose nomination he's running for.

He's a crook.

QFT. He'll say or do anything in his shady, backroom campaign to steal the nomination.

Well, then both of you have no business whining about people like jfern, who won't back Hillary if she's the nominee. Funny how everyone's about party unity as long as their candidate wins.
BundouYMB

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2016, 09:53:25 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2016, 09:55:15 AM by BundouYMB »

He's a crook.

Well, then both of you have no business whining about people like jfern, who won't back Hillary if she's the nominee. Funny how everyone's about party unity as long as their candidate wins.

Uh, I'm all about party unity. I'm a yellow dog Democrat and will probably vote for any Democrat on the ballot in November. Sanders, however, is not a Democrat.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2016, 09:56:24 AM »

The answer is no. His lack of plans for his agenda would be harmful to his chances. Repeating a stump speech is not going to work in a general election.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »

OMG a negative campaign! Shocked Who would have ever imagined such a thing?

Complaining about Sanders going negative is like saying, "let's all just have milk and cookies
and forget about the fact that there are issues".

How dare Sanders say such mean things about the perfect Mrs. Clinton with her divine right to be unchallenged in the primary? How dare he have the audacity to actually question her goddess like nature? I mean omg, I couldn't have ever imagined such a thing. All previous campaigns have been so sweet, nice, and kind with nary a cross word said.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2016, 10:21:56 AM »

What a whiner. Maybe next time he should actually read the article instead of only the headline.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sanders-blames-media-unqualified-tiff-clinton

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) blamed the media at a press conference on Thursday morning for instigating and perpetuating the disagreement between himself and rival Hillary Clinton about their respective qualifications for the highest political office in America.

"So when you he headlines in the Washington Post, 'Clinton questions whether Sanders is qualified to be president,' my response is well, you know, if you want to question my qualifications, let me suggest this," Sanders said. "That maybe the American people might wonder about your qualifications, Madam Secretary, when you voted for the war in Iraq, the most disastrous foreign policy blunder in the modern history of America."

The Washington Post article he referenced pulled together numerous interviews in which Clinton said Sanders was ill-prepared for an interview with the New York Daily News and questioned his commitment to the Democratic Party. In those interviews, Clinton didn't explicitly say Sanders was unqualified for the presidency.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2016, 10:24:17 AM »

Despite Clinton voting for the Iraq War resolution, Sanders still voted to approve her as Secretary of State. Why?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »

That's at least one day where he's now on the defense for no reason other than his inability to keep his ego in check. God, he's so emotional. He's probably not really ready to be president. He should wait for his turn.  Why is he stuck in the pocket of "Big Gun." Why won't he return the tens of thousands of dollars he's taken from people who work for oil and gas companies! We shouldn't let his ambition to be president tear the Democratic Party apart.

Goose/Gander
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »

Despite Clinton voting for the Iraq War resolution, Sanders still voted to approve her as Secretary of State. Why?

He also endorsed John Kerry in 2004 despite his vote for the Iraq War.
The old fart must be getting senile.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2016, 10:37:06 AM »

Lol just like his supporters he only reads the headlines of articles.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »

Jesus that's not at all what he said. I just watched the video they posted on CNN, he called out news headlines from what the Clinton campaign said about himself saying "Disqualify him, defeat him and unify the party later".
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »

OMG a negative campaign! Shocked Who would have ever imagined such a thing?

Complaining about Sanders going negative is like saying, "let's all just have milk and cookies
and forget about the fact that there are issues".

How dare Sanders say such mean things about the perfect Mrs. Clinton with her divine right to be unchallenged in the primary? How dare he have the audacity to actually question her goddess like nature? I mean omg, I couldn't have ever imagined such a thing. All previous campaigns have been so sweet, nice, and kind with nary a cross word said.

Oh please, one of the cornerstones of the Sanders campaign is complaining about how the Big Bad Mainstream Media™ is out to get him. For this con man to use Republican talking points to attack the Democratic frontrunner in some flailing Hail Mary attempt to save his own hopeless campaign is absolutely disgusting. I extend my sympathy, however, to all of the members of the Bernie personality cult who are soon going to have to come to terms with the fact that their savior is nothing more than just another politician.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »

This whole thing sounds like it could've been avoided if his team actually watched the interview instead of reading a sensationalist headline. I don't like seeing campaigns being destructive for the sake of being destructive. He just won a primary and every story in the past couple of days have been pretty bad, some self-inflicted like this one.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2016, 11:22:27 AM »

Her campaign spokes person has now told the Sanders campaign to "take a time-out". You do realize these types of condescending attacks are just getting the Sanders supporters more riled up and the media is pushing full force behind her right now. I guess the Clinton campaign did say that would get more aggressive with Clinton, which means more nasty entitled condescending crap.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »

So, can we all take a breather for one hot second?

He was using harsh (ish) rhetoric to make points about policy and judgment. Taking from his remarks that he was only saying "she's not qualified" isn't really accurate.

I've seen a lot of people leaning hard on the fact that she didn't say the words "he's not qualified" in her interview, and that's true. Insofar as he responded as though she had said that thing, that's wrong. But on the other hand, I've seen countless people aghast at Bernie Sanders having called Clinton "corrupt" and "a liar," and then back down when asked to cite where that happened, saying "Oh, well, his supporters know what he means." This is fair, but only if applied both ways. She may not have said "he's not qualified," but come on now. Let's not be naive.

Elbows are getting thrown both ways. Nobody needs to act like the other side is uniquely at fault in going negative. This is how this works. Suck it up and move forward.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »

The only naive people here are the people defending Saint Bernie and actually agreeing with him that Hillary Clinton is unqualified to be President. I for one think both are qualified, as is our President, and that Sanders' comments are the result of a desperate campaign that has no hope of winning the nomination.

At the end of the day, Sanders deliberately misquoted her, and used that as a basis for a personal attack against her. I would expect a reinvigorated Clinton campaign out of this (from what I have seen/heard, fundraising has spiked) and that Sanders is going to turn off a lot of people with these grumpy gutter attacks that really are above him.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2016, 11:55:56 AM »

OH DEAR! Clarie McCaskill just played the race card with this Roll Eyes
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2016, 12:03:00 PM by This is not a cage match. »

So, can we all take a breather for one hot second?

He was using harsh (ish) rhetoric to make points about policy and judgment. Taking from his remarks that he was only saying "she's not qualified" isn't really accurate.

I've seen a lot of people leaning hard on the fact that she didn't say the words "he's not qualified" in her interview, and that's true. Insofar as he responded as though she had said that thing, that's wrong. But on the other hand, I've seen countless people aghast at Bernie Sanders having called Clinton "corrupt" and "a liar," and then back down when asked to cite where that happened, saying "Oh, well, his supporters know what he means." This is fair, but only if applied both ways. She may not have said "he's not qualified," but come on now. Let's not be naive.

Elbows are getting thrown both ways. Nobody needs to act like the other side is uniquely at fault in going negative. This is how this works. Suck it up and move forward.

No, we don't get to laugh and move on as if this loose cannon didn't just use Republican talking points to try and damage the Democratic frontrunner for the presidency. He had his shot. There is no longer a feasible path to the nomination for Bernie Sanders, and instead of using the last stretch of his campaign to enthuse Democrats for the general election, he's calling the most qualified presidential candidate in our lifetime, the all-but-nominated Democratic candidate, "unqualified." He's making a fool of himself. If he wants to keep using his campaign to "move the conversation to the left", then so be it. Otherwise, he ought to pack up and ship himself home.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »

The only naive people here are the people defending Saint Bernie and actually agreeing with him that Hillary Clinton is unqualified to be President. I for one think both are qualified, as is our President, and that Sanders' comments are the result of a desperate campaign that has no hope of winning the nomination.

At the end of the day, Sanders deliberately misquoted her, and used that as a basis for a personal attack against her. I would expect a reinvigorated Clinton campaign out of this (from what I have seen/heard, fundraising has spiked) and that Sanders is going to turn off a lot of people with these grumpy gutter attacks that really are above him.

I think they're both qualified as well. But aside from loading the "qualified" language into it, the attack was on policy and judgment, not personal, right? Unless I'm misunderstanding where people are placing the line between the two.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2016, 12:04:57 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2016, 12:07:34 PM by Yank2133 »

He's a crook.

He is pretty much a walking stereotype people have of progressives. Holier than thou, arrogant, and fairly in inept when it comes to getting anything done in terms of legislation.

Granted, I would still vote for him if he is the nominee because the GOP alternative is far worse. But he just reeks of a ineffectual, one-term president.

He is a more liberal Jimmy Carter.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2016, 12:37:41 PM »

Congratulations to senator Sanders! He earned his second Three Pinocchios award in as many weeks. Maybe until the end of the primary season he will have the opportunity to catch up with all-time champion TRUMP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/04/07/sanderss-incorrect-claim-that-clinton-called-him-not-qualified-for-the-presidency/

Sanders is putting words in Clinton’s mouth. She never said “quote unquote” that he was not qualified to be president. In fact, she diplomatically went out of her way to avoid saying that, without at the same time saying he was qualified. The Washington Post article appropriately noted that she raised questions about his qualifications, but certainly never said or suggested she said Sanders was unqualified.

Sanders would have been on safer ground if he had said Clinton is raising questions about his qualifications and now he would like to raise questions about her qualifications. But he can’t slam her for words she did not say.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »

Hillary Clinton supporters started the hashtag #HillarySoQualified in support of their candidate on Wednesday night. In a hilarious turn of events, Bernie Sanders supporters hijacked the hashtag and made it a top national trend.

Read more -
http://usuncut.com/politics/hillary-clinton-supporters-just-got-their-hashtag-hijacked-and-it-is-hilarious/
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2016, 12:43:12 PM »

ITT: Pathetic Hillary hacks are pathetic.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »

And here comes the "SADnERs supproters r idoits!!!! sdaners iz a soshalsits TRUMP!!! OLOLOLOLO" in 3, 2, 1....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies