Sanders calls Clinton "unqualified" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders calls Clinton "unqualified" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Sanders calls Clinton "unqualified" megathread  (Read 7480 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2016, 12:50:41 PM »

Why does the title of this topic sound like something out of Buzzfeed?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »

Give it a break, Lyndon.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »

Used to think I could vote for Sanders if he won. But, I'd probably abstain or vote for Trump at this point. The man is clearly unqualified. He doesn't know a thing about his own policies. He incites these ludicrous supporters who think that they should be given everything without working for it. And he doesn't support the party whose nomination he's running for.

He's a crook.

QFT. He'll say or do anything in his shady, backroom campaign to steal the nomination.

Well, then both of you have no business whining about people like jfern, who won't back Hillary if she's the nominee. Funny how everyone's about party unity as long as their candidate wins.

Uh, I'm all about party unity. I'm a yellow dog Democrat and will probably vote for any Democrat on the ballot in November. Sanders, however, is not a Democrat.

That's no longer factually true, and even so, he's caucused with the Democrats, and I fail to see how you can be a yellow dog Democrat and vote Republican for Trump...
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »

Would it be possible to put all of Landslide Lyndon's feigned outrage posts into 1 thread?
DS0816
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:53 PM »

OH DEAR! Clarie McCaskill just played the race card with this Roll Eyes

Who will likely be Claire McCaskill’s Republican Party challenger in the 2018 Missouri U.S. Senate race?

I’m definitely interested.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2016, 12:58:24 PM »

OMG a negative campaign! Shocked Who would have ever imagined such a thing?

Complaining about Sanders going negative is like saying, "let's all just have milk and cookies
and forget about the fact that there are issues".

How dare Sanders say such mean things about the perfect Mrs. Clinton with her divine right to be unchallenged in the primary? How dare he have the audacity to actually question her goddess like nature? I mean omg, I couldn't have ever imagined such a thing. All previous campaigns have been so sweet, nice, and kind with nary a cross word said.

Oh please, one of the cornerstones of the Sanders campaign is complaining about how the Big Bad Mainstream Media™ is out to get him. For this con man to use Republican talking points to attack the Democratic frontrunner in some flailing Hail Mary attempt to save his own hopeless campaign is absolutely disgusting. I extend my sympathy, however, to all of the members of the Bernie personality cult who are soon going to have to come to terms with the fact that their savior is nothing more than just another politician.
Thanks for the response. You make him out like he's part of some "vast right wing conspiracy".

Of course he's a politician. He is however, unlike Clinton, one who has been consistent
on policy (with some exceptions). I am glad to see Clinton shifting further and further to the
left; let's all hope she doesn't shift back if she gets the nomination and wins the White House.

Thanks also for your sympathy. I for one, am not expecting him to win the nomination, but
there is no reason to lose all hope.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2016, 12:59:28 PM »

Who will likely be Claire McCaskill’s Republican Party challenger in the 2018 Missouri U.S. Senate race?

Likely Ann Wagner, Representative for Missouri's 2nd Congressional District.

Also, from the clip I saw, McCaskill more said something along the lines of Sanders' comment smacking of sexism, not racism.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2016, 01:00:46 PM »

Would it be possible to put all of Landslide Lyndon's feigned outrage posts into 1 thread?

The thread would reach the hundred-page limit far too quickly.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »

Why does the title of this topic sound like something out of Buzzfeed?
I think you may have cracked the code.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »

I agree, we don't need multiple threads for this.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2016, 01:05:48 PM »

I agree, we don't need multiple threads for this.

Also agree. Mods, can you delete this thread. There is already one for this topic.
dax00

« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2016, 01:06:22 PM »

The media, with Clinton's approval, have begun to ask questions with false premises (i.e. with no correct answer other than "I don't know"), similar to the popular "When did you stop beating your wife?"
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2016, 01:12:20 PM »

Oh for god sakes, yes Obama has some corruption too Hillary all of Washington does. Pointing out others corruption by hiding behind Obama doesn't excuse your own corruption.

Have you heard of Slander?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2016, 03:06:14 PM »

www.politico.com/story/2016/04/obama-clinton-qualified-president-221685#ixzz45APbF7vk

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — President Barack Obama disagrees with Bernie Sanders: He thinks Hillary Clinton is qualified to be president, according to a top administration staffer.

“Yes,” White House principal deputy press secretary Eric Schultz said simply Thursday afternoon when asked whether the president thinks Clinton has what it takes to be president. “The president has said that Secretary Clinton comes to this race with more experience than any other non-vice president in recent campaign history.”
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2016, 03:15:06 PM »

Likely Ann Wagner, Representative for Missouri's 2nd Congressional District.

Also, from the clip I saw, McCaskill more said something along the lines of Sanders' comment smacking of sexism, not racism.

Ah yes sorry that's what i meant to point out. She stated that when Sanders says Clinton is unqualified to be president that it's like nails to a chalkboard for women across america listening to that. Which is a pretty ridiculous claim since i'm sure barley any women cared other than Clinton backers. Most Americans and American women don't like Hillary. That doesn't however mean that they will vote for someone like Trump over her.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2016, 04:47:04 PM »

What a gift for Clinton. Now Obama is weighing in while she gets to stay above the fray when she's asked about it, all before a slew of closed Democratic primaries.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »

As wacky as the Pubs are making 2016, wouldn't doubt if it's Todd Akin again.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2016, 10:08:48 PM »

Used to think I could vote for Sanders if he won. But, I'd probably abstain or vote for Trump at this point. The man is clearly unqualified. He doesn't know a thing about his own policies. He incites these ludicrous supporters who think that they should be given everything without working for it. And he doesn't support the party whose nomination he's running for.

As a fellow Clinton supporter, do not do this if Clinton loses (although that's not going to happen).  There are bigger fish to fry than some trivial primary b.s.  We cannot afford to have the progress ripped away in health care, Supreme Court appointments and our standing in the world.  Trump will destroy everything Hillary wants to work toward.  Is that really what you want?  Would you really trust Trump with the nuclear codes?  At least Sanders doesn't incite his supporters to punch people.  Someone has to think of the bigger picture even if, regrettably, others are too childish to do so.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2016, 10:12:36 PM »

Apparently they sent Jane Sanders on Maddow to do damage control and attack Hillary Clinton.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:46 PM »

The Washington Post is funny.

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2016, 10:20:29 PM »

Sanders wasn't quoting the Washington Post, he was misquoting her. He obviously believes what he said, otherwise he would be apologizing.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2016, 04:03:38 AM by Ogre Mage »

As for the issue at hand, Sanders is either confused or lying that Hillary said he was quote unquote "not qualified."  Thinking you heard something implied (or perhaps stupidly going by a headline?) is not the same as someone actually uttering the words.  Polifact rates Sanders statement as "mostly false," while the Washington Post's Fact Checker give it Three Pinocchios out of Four.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/apr/07/bernie-s/bernie-sanders-not-qualified-be-president-hillary-/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/04/07/sanderss-incorrect-claim-that-clinton-called-him-not-qualified-for-the-presidency/

And check out the Morning Joe transcript:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

dspNY
United States

« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2016, 10:34:44 PM »

Sanders voted for Clinton as Secretary of State. Calling her unqualified for President is a ridiculous flip flop on his part...
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2016, 02:03:29 AM »

As a fellow Clinton supporter, do not do this if Clinton loses (although that's not going to happen).  There are bigger fish to fry than some trivial primary b.s.  We cannot afford to have the progress ripped away in health care, Supreme Court appointments and our standing in the world.  Trump will destroy everything Hillary wants to work toward.  Is that really what you want?  Would you really trust Trump with the nuclear codes?  At least Sanders doesn't incite his supporters to punch people.  Someone has to think of the bigger picture even if, regrettably, others are too childish to do so.
Yes, it is extremely important that democrats stick together here. A Cruz or Trump presidency would be absolutely disasterous in a way that makes the GWB presidency seem trivial.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2016, 02:14:59 AM »

As wacky as the Pubs are making 2016, wouldn't doubt if it's Todd Akin again.

Keep holding out hope!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies