Who would be a better President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who would be a better President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Sanders

Clinton

both about the same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: Who would be a better President?  (Read 2785 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »

(both about the same if you think they are equally good or equally bad)
The correct answer is Sanders. Sanders voted against the Iraq war. Clinton voted for the Iraq war. That should be the issue we talk about, because that is the biggest difference between the two of them.

All the other stuff is just a distraction. Sanders said this. Clinton said that. Clinton is inevitable. So on and so on and a lot of wasted energy on things that won't matter two months from today.

Focus on the real issues; enough is enough. Calm down and focus on what the logical choice is. The Iraq war turned out to be a war that was not logical. I am sure that Mr. Spock would support the logical choice: the logical Senator from Vermont.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »

Sanders. Clinton would be infinitely better at carrying out the actual job but she would do so with mostly bad ideas. Sanders wouldn't be a particularly effective president but what he'd get done would be just fine.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 02:03:13 PM »

There is not a candidate left who would not make a horrible president, but the Republicans would do so much more damage to the country that Clinton and Sanders look about equal by comparison.
MIKESOWELL
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »

Bernie Sanders.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »

Hillary. She has the experience to do it. I would be happy with her.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »

The very understanding of how Congress works is extremely important to every President (just look at poor Jimmy Carter). In this regard, Sanders' experience is beating Clinton's. He has an extenside experience from the both houses.

It's interesting that neither Hillary not Bernie had an actual experience of being a "leader". Bernie was a token independent for most of his career, while Hillary was largely a non-record Senator and as the SoS she was merely carrying out her boss' policy.

Then again, it's a case for many past Presidents. I guess it would be about the same.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »

A Frankendem of Hillary Clinton on the outside and Bernie Sanders on the inside.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »

Cruz>>>>%Sanders>>>>>>Trump/Hillary
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 03:30:32 PM »

Hillary
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:41:21 PM »

Sanders, though I'd definitely accept Hillary as well.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:42:42 PM »

The correct answer is Sanders. Sanders voted against the Iraq war. Clinton voted for the Iraq war. That should be the issue we talk about, because that is the biggest difference between the two of them.

All the other stuff is just a distraction. Sanders said this. Clinton said that. Clinton is inevitable. So on and so on and a lot of wasted energy on things that won't matter two months from today.

Focus on the real issues; enough is enough. Calm down and focus on what the logical choice is. The Iraq war turned out to be a war that was not logical. I am sure that Mr. Spock would support the logical choice: the logical Senator from Vermont.
Thank you, Mr. Teacher.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »

Clinton.

Both would have a hard time passing anything through congress, but Hillary actually has the support of major players in her party, while Bernie doesn't.

And when it comes to foreign policy, Hillary is just more knowledge then Bernie.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Teacher.
Anything I can do to help, Mr. Student. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Live long and prosper and may the force be with you.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 06:35:02 PM »

Hillary. She doesn't follow the extreme wackiness of the left and black lives matter and all that crap. She might pander to them, but I actually think if she becomes President, she'll be more hard ass than Obama.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »

Hillary. She doesn't follow the extreme wackiness of the left and black lives matter and all that crap. She might pander to them, but I actually think if she becomes President, she'll be more hard ass than Obama.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »

Better for who?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »

Hillary, easily.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 01:21:52 PM »

Hillary.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »

Sanders. I may disagree with him on some points, but he isn't bought and paid for by Wall Street.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »

Sanders. Clinton would be infinitely better at carrying out the actual job but she would do so with mostly bad ideas. Sanders wouldn't be a particularly effective president but what he'd get done would be just fine.

Sanders. I may disagree with him on some points, but he isn't bought and paid for by Wall Street.

These. And besides, Sanders might actually know how to properly handle sensitive information; Clinton clearly doesn't, and that in and of itself disqualifies her from consideration, at least in my book.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »

These. And besides, Sanders might actually know how to properly handle sensitive information; Clinton clearly doesn't, and that in and of itself disqualifies her from consideration, at least in my book.

Yes. Instead he'll read the headlines only and act with bluster before he knows the whole story.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 03:02:33 PM »

Sanders has been in Congress for over two decades with nothing to show for it, either in legislative achievements, relationships built, or even influencing the terms of debate. He'd be a totally ineffectual president, which coupled with the astronomical expectations of his cult, would be disastrous. Jimmy Carter with a Brooklyn accent.
Dardani1997
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 02:37:06 PM »

both about the same
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies