VP for Cruz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:27:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  VP for Cruz
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would Ted Cruz Select as his VP?
John Kasich

Susana Martinez

Marco Rubio

Paul Ryan

Nikki Haley

Carly Fiorina

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: VP for Cruz  (Read 2181 times)
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »

The more and more i look at the math i see trump coming up a little short of the delegates he needs to win the nomination. I strongly believe now ted Cruz will win a contested convention on the 2nd or 3rd ballot. With that said who would he select as his VP?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »

No Scott Walker?
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »

The more and more i look at the math i see trump coming up a little short of the delegates he needs to win the nomination. I strongly believe now ted Cruz will win a contested convention on the 2nd or 3rd ballot. With that said who would he select as his VP?
Lord_Bubbington
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:12:07 AM »

The only one of those I would find viable is Fiorina, and that's still a long shot. Rubio, Ryan and Kasich are too moderate/establishment to appeal to the disaffected Drumpf voters. I would be astonished if you could get any significant amount of Drumpf supporters to vote for a ticket without a non-hispanic white male (maybe female?) on it. Sessions is his best bet, imo.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:14:03 AM »

Mods please delete this thread i made a new one that included scott walker who i should have originally listed as an option. Sorry about that.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »

How about JEB!?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »

I have a feeling it will be Haley, even though she endorsed Rubio.  Female, "mainstream" while having conservative cred, yadda.

Also, SC may actually be in play, lol.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »

How about Lindsey Graham?
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 09:44:09 AM »

I have a feeling it will be Haley, even though she endorsed Rubio.  Female, "mainstream" while having conservative cred, yadda.

Also, SC may actually be in play, lol.
Although I doubt Cruz's selection will be based on identity politics (though I could see him picking Haley), I'd love to see Democrats deprived of the opportunity to Make HistoryTM with the first female Vice President and the first minority Vice President.

I'm kind of thinking he will be surprisingly establishment in his pick if he doesn't make it based on who helps him get delegates at the convention. Scott Walker could be an option. Jeb! is doubtful, because Cruz probably doesn't want to turn off his base. An older establishment senator (but not too old) could be an option. Maybe someone like Lamar Alexander.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 10:30:30 AM »

There's always the possibility there's an actual floor vote for VP as well.  Far less likely with Cruz than with Trump, but it's still something to watch out for.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 10:39:17 AM »

I'm kind of thinking he will be surprisingly establishment in his pick if he doesn't make it based on who helps him get delegates at the convention. Scott Walker could be an option. Jeb! is doubtful, because Cruz probably doesn't want to turn off his base. An older establishment senator (but not too old) could be an option. Maybe someone like Lamar Alexander.

Lamar! is 75 and way too liberal for any GOP ticket.  Might as well tap Joe Lieberman.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 03:48:40 PM »

Nikki Haley or Scott Walker are the likeliest picks in my opinion.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »

Zuza
Russian Federation
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »

The only one of those I would find viable is Fiorina, and that's still a long shot. Rubio, Ryan and Kasich are too moderate/establishment to appeal to the disaffected Drumpf voters.

Cruz also needs to appeal to moderate pro-establishment voters. And how many Trump supporters (of those who don't intend to vote for Cruz in the GE) will change their minds if Fiorina runs as VP? I guess not so many.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 06:52:15 PM »

Kasich is the logical choice. There's too much bad blood with Rubio for that to happen and Ryan wouldn't want to attach his name to another losing ticket. Walker is possible.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 06:58:39 PM »

Hasn't Kasich said multiple times he doesn't want to be VP?
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »

I think he'll pick a white guy or maybe a white woman. I think that racism is still enough of a factor for enough voters that you don't white two non-whites on the ticket (or, for that matter, two Hispanics). For those reasons (not counting the Hispanic part in Haley's case), I think that Haley, Martinez, and Rubio aren't good options for him.

I also think he should try to find someone who isn't closely identified with the establishment (because that would undermine Cruz's overall message), but is acceptable to them. For that reason I think Scott Walker is his best choice, at least on paper.
Trump4Prez2016
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »

I think the only one out of those he would pick is Carly Fiorina. Too much bickering with Kasich, and Rubio's camp started a sex scandal with Cruz...so...
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 10:15:41 PM »

Fiorina or Walker
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 10:33:18 PM »

The only one of those I would find viable is Fiorina, and that's still a long shot. Rubio, Ryan and Kasich are too moderate/establishment to appeal to the disaffected Drumpf voters. I would be astonished if you could get any significant amount of Drumpf supporters to vote for a ticket without a non-hispanic white male (maybe female?) on it. Sessions is his best bet, imo.

Trump/Sessions 16?

Jesus H Christ people are you TRYING to lose by history breaking landslides? Who in their right mind is voting for that other than the Bible Belt and some racist blue collar mechanics?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2016, 09:18:22 AM »

Yeah, for Cruz, probably Fiorina.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »

As much as I don't like her, I'd pick Carly Fiorina.  She's the perfect VP candidate.  While I consider her to be a half-baked warmonger who, in her own campaign, advocated a dangerous foreign policy, as VP, she'd fill some key niches, including that of being attack dog and point person for key campaign and policy initiatives.

Carly Fiorina is an excellent communicator.  It's what drove her numbers up, at least temporarily.  No one is confused about what she says, and she can be quite persuasive.  Her intense personality can be like fingernails scratching the chalkboard, but that's an asset for a VP in many ways.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies