Next countries to legalize Gay Marriage? (after Colombia) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:31:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Next countries to legalize Gay Marriage? (after Colombia) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Next countries to legalize Gay Marriage? (after Colombia)  (Read 9888 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: April 09, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »

I hope that there will be some countries which will rather delegalize, not legalize.

As I hope Germany will reannex Prussia, saving productive cities from the backwards, religion-frothing feckless rural masses.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »

Theocracies are not acceptable in a modern world. If Israel wants to become Saudi Arabia 2.0, that's their issue, but they shouldn't expect any support from the West should the Arabs attack.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »

Yet again, theocracies are not acceptable in the modern world, and Israel being a theocracy is totally opposed to the ideals of most of Israel's founders, who knew enough about religious discrimination to not impose it on other people.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 05:09:38 PM »

Yet again, theocracies are not acceptable in the modern world, and Israel being a theocracy is totally opposed to the ideals of most of Israel's founders, who knew enough about religious discrimination to not impose it on other people.
Antisemitism has nothing to do with "religious discrimination" (and the idea that Israel's founders were so tolerant is laughable anyway) and most of Israel's founders were ideologically totally wrong, even if they had the enormous honor to do what G-d wanted them to do by taking a huge step in the history of the Jewish people and creating the State, for which all Jews should be grateful to them. But their ideals are largely irrelevant, as they should be.

As for brtd, who gives a fck?

I don't really care about brtd, but my point is, your proposal is pretty much banning trans-community weddings, which is obviously a no-go for most people and reminds of of the miscegenetion laws banning interracial relationships in the USA.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »

I don't really care about brtd, but my point is, your proposal is pretty much banning trans-community weddings, which is obviously a no-go for most people and reminds of of the miscegenetion laws banning interracial relationships in the USA.
Uh, this is not my proposal, this is reality in Israel already. My proposal is to instate civil marriage for gay couples and keep the rest the same. That's it.

But if it's about Israel, apparently advocating the implementation of same-sex marriage is already enough to make our forum's antisemites fume Roll Eyes

Then again, opposing Israel policies doesn't make one antisemite.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 01:54:09 AM »

Still no Austria. Still no Germany. Merkel sure loves these refugees more than gay people. Still no Israel either; despite the Likud government's hasbara on Tel Aviv as gay destination they aren't willing to walk the walk. Very disappointing. This is not a trivial issue.

What's the issue?
Religious Christians (OVP)
Religious Christians (CDU)
Orthodox Jews (pretty all parties in power right now but Likud)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies