Bernie Sanders dismisses Clinton lead: ‘A lot of that came from the South’ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie Sanders dismisses Clinton lead: ‘A lot of that came from the South’ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders dismisses Clinton lead: ‘A lot of that came from the South’  (Read 5010 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 10, 2016, 11:36:27 AM »

Another misleading title.

Get a life.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 11:39:41 AM »

So he's basically saying that Hillary's lead so far is largely because of the South... SHOCKING!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »

It is hard to deny that primary calendar so far favored Hillary. Nothing sinister about it, just a matter of schedule.

He and his campaign have repeated the same talking point waaaaaay too many times to be unintentional.
It's intentional and it's offensive for any Democrat to say to black voters that their votes count less than those of people in Idaho and Kansas.

True, and I'm not intending to defend that. However, there are plenty of Hillary supporters hinting that caucus states "doesn't" or "shouldn't matter". We may not like the mechanism of caucuses but how these people votes matters as much as the Southern vote. Sure, Idaho won't vote Democratic, so won't South Carolina, but it's not GE we're talking about.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »

I may not be that knowledgeable about American politics but it seems to me that being stronger and winning at "base" locations is more important than winning "no play" areas in internal political processes.

In 2008 Obama won largely due to states that were "no play" in the general election, especially the Deep South and western (non coastal) states.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »

I may not be that knowledgeable about American politics but it seems to me that being stronger and winning at "base" locations is more important than winning "no play" areas in internal political processes.

The Democratic base lives in the South, though. The Democratic base is not white liberals in Washington or Massachusetts, it is black voters in the South.
They don't seem to be winning the Dems elections. it's North-east\midwest\west coast states that do

Well, the Black vote can be crucial in key swing states, but in the south it's pretty much limited to Virginia or North Carolina. There's no way it can make a difference in Alabama or Mississippi. And Georgia is still Democrats' fool gold.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 02:06:15 PM »

So, I guess dismissing the South means that Sanders will concede to the Republicans states like Virginia, Florida and North Carolina and focus more to states where he is strong like Alaska, Utah and Oklahoma.
Sounds like a winner.

We've already noticed your memory is incredibly short, but you still should be able to remember Hillary's 2008 campaign talking point "we've won important states".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 04:35:39 PM »

Please, spare me the faux outrage. As I mentioned if you watched the social media today a majority of Democrats and many Republicans took Sanders' comments as a slight towards African-American voters. Are they all Bernie-haters?
And this isn't the first time he and his campaign had made disparaging comments of that kind. They called southern Democrats "Confederates" for crying out loud.
Please don't ever defend your position with "BUT THE PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA SAID" again.

kthx

I may start taking your advice seriously when you start showing the same sensitivity when it comes to Berniebot trolls like Shadows.

Two hacks don't make one right.

Shadows isn't just a hack. Actually he is so offensive and offensively stupid that I suspect he might be the sock of a Clinton supporter who wants to make Berniebots look even worse.

And you're extremely offensive to our brain cells.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »

It is hard to deny that primary calendar so far favored Hillary. Nothing sinister about it, just a matter of schedule.

He and his campaign have repeated the same talking point waaaaaay too many times to be unintentional.
It's intentional and it's offensive for any Democrat to say to black voters that their votes count less than those of people in Idaho and Kansas.

True, and I'm not intending to defend that. However, there are plenty of Hillary supporters hinting that caucus states "doesn't" or "shouldn't matter". We may not like the mechanism of caucuses but how these people votes matters as much as the Southern vote. Sure, Idaho won't vote Democratic, so won't South Carolina, but it's not GE we're talking about.

Wrong username on that quote, it was Lyndon's Sad. But in regards to your statement, both campaigns need to stop acting like certain states are worth less or do not matter, because it's insulting to the people that live in those regions. On top of that, I don't even get the logic behind the thought that "Clinton's win in those states doesn't matter because we never win them in general elections!". Like, what difference does that make? Are they not Democrats too? As I said, it's insulting.

Sorry for misquoting you.

Of course I agree it is insulting. As stated, I'm not intending to defend that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies