drumpf campaign proving toxic to nation's schoolchildren
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:08:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  drumpf campaign proving toxic to nation's schoolchildren
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: drumpf campaign proving toxic to nation's schoolchildren  (Read 1625 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 10:51:10 AM »

Yes, but which of these T-shirts would those schoolchildren be wearing? And why?

Political correctness is alive and well...

What wrong with just "I stand with my neighbors" ?

A very good question. Perhaps we should ask MoveOn.org, who sells the Muslim version; the Christian version doesn't exist, as it's much too distasteful.,,
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 11:05:48 AM »

That's genuinely terrifying.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 12:54:59 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Yes, but which of these T-shirts would those schoolchildren be wearing? And why?

A very good question. Perhaps we should ask MoveOn.org, who sells the Muslim version; the Christian version doesn't exist, as it's much too distasteful.,,

.... or maybe it's not that "its much too distasteful," but more because Christians here, are not discriminated and hated (by some in the general public) is such vile ways that Muslims are.
Maybe.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »

"but why can't we have white pride? ;~;" — sillyamerican, probably
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 12:23:21 PM »

Does this have any actual proof or is it just guessing?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lmao
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »

I've yet to hear any politician say we should have constant police surveillance on Christians, that Christians should be banned from entering the country, that the religion itself should be banned altogether, or that they should all be gassed to death. But of course, modern American Protestants think that having to sell pizza to someone is being oppressed, while the Muslim community faces discrimination, vandalization of their houses of worship, assault, murder, and now deportation if Donald Trump has his way.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 02:44:13 PM by Derpist »

.... or maybe it's not that "its much too distasteful," but more because Christians here, are not discriminated and hated (by some in the general public) is such vile ways that Muslims are.
Maybe.

Yeah, it really sucks being an overwhelmingly wealthy group catered to by every corporate diversity initiative that is also racist/sexist/Nazi to criticize in any way despite the vastly disproportionate security risk posed.

I've yet to hear any politician say we should have constant police surveillance on Christians

Might happen if Christians were 30x more likely to commit acts of political violence and if people got beheaded for drawing pictures of Jesus (I don't think people got beheaded even during the Beeldenstorm)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 02:50:22 PM »

Maybe.

Yeah, it really sucks being an overwhelmingly wealthy group catered to by every corporate diversity initiative that is also racist/sexist/Nazi to criticize in any way despite the vastly disproportionate security risk posed.

I've yet to hear any politician say we should have constant police surveillance on Christians

Might happen if Christians were 30x more likely to commit acts of political violence and if people got beheaded for drawing pictures of Jesus (I don't think people got beheaded even during the Beeldenstorm)

Well they actually kind of are more likely to commit acts of political violence, and that's my point exactly. Right wing extremists who are overwhelmingly extreme Christians, are far more of a threat to your safety than radical Muslims are, statistically speaking. Blowing up/shooting up abortion clinics and bombing federal buildings are just some of the politically-motivated terrorist attacks we've seen just in my lifetime (1995-present) and yet nobody reflexively calls for Christians to be deported or watched by the police.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 02:53:51 PM »

Maybe.

Well they actually kind of are more likely to commit acts of political violence, and that's my point exactly. Right wing extremists who are overwhelmingly extreme Christians, are far more of a threat to your safety than radical Muslims are, statistically speaking. Blowing up/shooting up abortion clinics and bombing federal buildings are just some of the politically-motivated terrorist attacks we've seen just in my lifetime (1995-present) and yet nobody reflexively calls for Christians to be deported or watched by the police.

Because Christians are 80% of the population and Muslims are like .5%. And if we're going back to 1995, Muslims definitely have the high score on political killings because all of those buzzfeed-type articles that go "Muslims don't commit all of the political violence!" conveniently started counting immediately after 9/11.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 03:13:18 PM by SillyAmerican »

I've yet to hear any politician say we should have constant police surveillance on Christians, that Christians should be banned from entering the country, that the religion itself should be banned altogether, or that they should all be gassed to death. But of course, modern American Protestants think that having to sell pizza to someone is being oppressed, while the Muslim community faces discrimination, vandalization of their houses of worship, assault, murder, and now deportation if Donald Trump has his way.

The problem of "standing with Muslims" is the implied endorsement of the bigoted, hateful, intolerant ideology that is Islam. Perhaps you'd like to explain how Trump is hateful, but the people whose scriptures instruct them to kill those who don't believe as they do, somehow they're not hateful? No, really, please explain. And while you're at it, perhaps you'd be so kind as to point out the Christian teachings that are so offensive to you? If you want offensive scriptures written by Muhammad, I'll put 'em down for you, and I'll be very interested to read the quotes from Jesus that are similarly hateful. It's very strange to me that those so busy declaring that Donald Trump is a hateful bigot, that these same people are the very ones who would have no trouble wearing a t-shirt that appears to be the modern day equivalent of "I stand with neo-Nazis." When was the last time you learned about a Christian beheading somebody, or a Christian strapping on an explosive vest and going to a concert? But this argument will be lost on you, and besides, you probably have to run off to some Donald Trump protest.

Ok, but there's a critical difference (and you better sit down for this): Jesus doesn't tell people to blow up abortion clinics or bomb federal buildings. And unless someone can explain why we should consider people who do so followers of Christ, I'm inclined to think of them simply as criminals. (If I'm wrong, please point out where you've read information that leads you to believe otherwise). However, and this is crucial, the Islamic texts instruct the faithful that they are to kill the infidels. Do you understand the difference?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 05:10:40 PM »

Exodus 22:18: You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

Deuteronomy 13:5: That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 17:2-5, 7: If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death...You must purge the evil from among you.

Luke 19:27: But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

I'm against all religion because they all yield the same result. But everyone has the right to practice whatever faith they choose and further have the right to be able to do so without fear of harassment, intimidation, assault, or murder.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 05:21:43 PM by SillyAmerican »

Exodus 22:18: You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

Deuteronomy 13:5: That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 17:2-5, 7: If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death...You must purge the evil from among you.

Luke 19:27: But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

I'm against all religion because they all yield the same result. But everyone has the right to practice whatever faith they choose and further have the right to be able to do so without fear of harassment, intimidation, assault, or murder.

And on that, we agree.

Oh, and as for your quote from Dr. Luke, The Parable of the Ten Minas should be read in its entirety, so Luke 19:11-27.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:55 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 08:02:59 PM by ProudModerate2 »

The problem of "standing with Muslims" is the implied endorsement of the bigoted, hateful, intolerant ideology that is Islam. Perhaps you'd like to explain how Trump is hateful, but the people whose scriptures instruct them to kill those who don't believe as they do, somehow they're not hateful? No, really, please explain. And while you're at it, perhaps you'd be so kind as to point out the Christian teachings that are so offensive to you?

Be careful what you ask for.
Wolverine22 has "pointed out" and given you the proof you desire.
The fact of the matter is that if you look deep and close enough, you can find verbiage describing and instructing members of almost ANY religion to punish/kill those who are not in "compliance" with stated faith.

Most people of any Christian or Muslim faith, do not "kill" others, even though old scripture used such extreme words of punishment. But yes, there are extreme groups who twist the faith to do extreme harm and encourage hatred. Are there probably more of these extreme groups/members in the Muslim faith, compared to Christians today? .... Yes. (Worldwide, probably yes. As far as counts within our borders, not sure.)
But remember there are some "Christian" religions that also incite hate. Look at the disgusting behavior of The Westboro Baptist Church, here in the USA (Google the name if you are unfamiliar with this "Church.")
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »

Just FYI, the Westboro Baptist Church is literally the extended family of one (now-deceased) old shyster who hit on the tactic of doing outrageous things, inciting people into hitting him, and making a fortune suing for damages. (Hence doing outlandish things like protesting the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan...he was making a killing out of outraged people harassing him and the other protesters) There's no actual principle attached to what they do and you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in the "church's" 20-odd membership who wasn't born into or married into the Phelps family.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:04 AM »

SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »

Just FYI, the Westboro Baptist Church is literally the extended family of one (now-deceased) old shyster who hit on the tactic of doing outrageous things, inciting people into hitting him, and making a fortune suing for damages. (Hence doing outlandish things like protesting the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan...he was making a killing out of outraged people harassing him and the other protesters) There's no actual principle attached to what they do and you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in the "church's" 20-odd membership who wasn't born into or married into the Phelps family.

According to many on the political left, the nuts at the Westboro Baptist Church represent the true face of Christianity, but the Muslim nuts that cut off heads, drown people, and destroy priceless artifacts, they're simply misguided individuals, and not even Islamists. It would be very nice to ask people to approach things with some consistency, but in this case that might just be too much to ask for.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies