Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2017, 02:27:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter, Justice TJ)
| | |-+  How will Donald Trump be remembered in 2066?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: How will Donald Trump be remembered in 2066?  (Read 4740 times)
Peebs
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2017, 12:57:11 pm »
Ignore

He'll be on historian's lists of the worst presidents in US history, alongside James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, and Warren G. Harding.

The worst of the worst.

You forgot George W. Bush on that list
Maybe he's of the group that believes 43's reputation will heal by 2066.

St. Alphonso
Chancellor
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2017, 07:56:01 pm »
Ignore

He'll be on historian's lists of the worst presidents in US history, alongside James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, and Warren G. Harding.

The worst of the worst.

You forgot George W. Bush on that list
Maybe he's of the group that believes 43's reputation will heal by 2066.

George Bush deserves to be on the bad list but Warren Harding does not.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2017, 12:02:34 am »
Ignore

Have no idea, but if I have anything to do with it, he should be utterly forgotten as a mere footnote in history. 

Da-Jon-Ben Jealous & Cory Booker
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 09:03:18 pm »
Ignore

A 1 term president who defied expectations, and beat a ethnically challenged candidate for office.
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 11:50:05 pm »
Ignore

The destroyer of an old, corrupt, archaic America predicated on false ideals and the founder of a new America, unburdened with outdated notions of liberty and equality and justice, that boldly bestrode the 21st century like the Colossus.
Yond Mikado has a lean and hungry look to him.

"America now is stumbling through the darkness of hatred and divisiveness. Our values, our principles, and our determination to succeed as a free and democratic people will give us a torch to light the way." - Gerald Ford

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
MATTROSE94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -2.43

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 09:46:35 am »
Ignore

The worst of the worst.
I agree. Trump is a pretty horrible President overall with a flawed domestic policy and a reckless foreign policy, as I feel that Trump will launch military strikes against Iran and North Korea within the coming months in addition to stepping up US presence in the Yemen Civil War. He will probably be in the bottom 10 US Presidents when all is asaid and done. Hillary Clinton probably wouldn't have been much better though, as she would have increased US presence in the Syrian Civil War and would have ramped up tensions with Russia that could have eventually lead to a confrontation with both countries (I know Putin is an brutal autocrat and does not respect human rights, but our hands are kind of tied due to the fact that Russia is a nuclear-armed state and could easily retaliate against the US militarily). The only area in which Clinton was markedly superior to Trump IMO  was on environmental policy and education policy. Still, I opposed both Clinton and Trump and felt they were both extremely flawed candidates and instead voted for Gary Johnson (I voted straight Democratic for all other offices though). 

Memo to Ross: YOU GOT MAIL !!

LOL.

Angry Iranian women will make the country safe-MDP from here on out.
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 06:03:45 pm »
Ignore

An accidental one-termer who set race relations back 70+ years.

"There is nothing more dangerous than a pawn that thinks it's a queen."
-President Tom Kirkman (Designated Survivor)

Kirsten Gillibrand for President in 2020!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 06:07:16 pm »
Ignore

A Harding figure who accidentally became president and resigned within two years.

He'll be viewed negatively but won't be as strongly remembered as some might think.

liberal hawk coalition

Henry Jackson Society
diptheriadan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 06:26:19 pm »
Ignore

Who?

Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2017, 07:11:30 pm »
Ignore

Accidental? He lead a populist revolt and beat a Bush and a Clinton. Hardly an accident. Gerald Ford was an "accidental one termer".

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2017, 10:20:48 pm »
Ignore

The worst of the worst.
I agree. Trump is a pretty horrible President overall with a flawed domestic policy and a reckless foreign policy, as I feel that Trump will launch military strikes against Iran and North Korea within the coming months in addition to stepping up US presence in the Yemen Civil War. He will probably be in the bottom 10 US Presidents when all is asaid and done. Hillary Clinton probably wouldn't have been much better though, as she would have increased US presence in the Syrian Civil War and would have ramped up tensions with Russia that could have eventually lead to a confrontation with both countries (I know Putin is an brutal autocrat and does not respect human rights, but our hands are kind of tied due to the fact that Russia is a nuclear-armed state and could easily retaliate against the US militarily). The only area in which Clinton was markedly superior to Trump IMO  was on environmental policy and education policy. Still, I opposed both Clinton and Trump and felt they were both extremely flawed candidates and instead voted for Gary Johnson (I voted straight Democratic for all other offices though). 

Clinton would have been much better on healthcare as well. I also think she would have done a decent job on trade. She would have been much more moderate and bipartisan than she claimed to be on the campaign trail. She only ran on "the most progressive platform in history" because that was the mood of the Democratic electorate. I think she would have done a good job on most things while being mediocre on foreign policy. Much tougher than Obama though

http://
krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:46 am »
Ignore

By  this time in 2025 there will be at least 3 pieces of legislation from 3 members of Congress attempting to rename various airports to become the new Donald J. Trump International Airport.
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:57 pm »
Ignore

He'll be viewed negatively but won't be as strongly remembered as some might think.

Professor Nathan. A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights. Can you really trust him?

Yeah that's right, I said Siam. Why don't you go tell Pedro Martinez
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 06:10:52 pm »
Ignore

Obama already did that.

Moderate Republican who loves supporting populist movements.

"It is time that the great center of our people, who reject the violence and unreasonableness of both the extreme right and the extreme left, searched their consciences, mustered their moral and physical courage, shed their intimidated silence, and declare their consciences." -Margaret Chase Smith

RFayette
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
Ignore

If Trump serves only one term, I highly doubt he will be viewed as a more significant figure than say, Gerry Ford.  If he serves two terms, he will be seen as far more influential, for good or for bad.

End Abortion Now!!
ExtremeRepublican
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: 8.96

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 07:31:30 pm »
Ignore

As the president who saved millions of unborn lives through appointing Supreme Court justices that overturned Roe v. Wade.

Dear GOP:

We elected you to defund Planned Parenthood and save unborn lives.  Do your job!
#UnbornLivesMatter

Sincerely,
A true conservative
RFayette
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 07:38:14 pm »
Ignore

As the president who saved millions of unborn lives through appointing Supreme Court justices that overturned Roe v. Wade.

If God wills it.  Let's pray it will happen.

Senator Scott
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
Ignore

Obama already did that.

Hot take.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
sjkqw
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:11 pm »
Ignore

God loves irony, and She especially loves when people redeem themselves

I guess there's just a meanness in this world.

20:41   Classic   I think we need to abort any babies with autism so we won't end up with more people like smilo in our society
Devout Centrist
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.80, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:26 pm »
Ignore

God loves irony, and She especially loves when people redeem themselves
There's a reason it's called a cruel, sick joke.

One pissed off likely voter
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2017, 03:29:52 am »
Ignore

Ivanka's father.
Chairman of the 2024 Trump campaign for Russian president
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2017, 04:04:48 am »
Ignore

By  this time in 2025 there will be at least 3 pieces of legislation from 3 members of Congress attempting to rename various airports to become the new Donald J. Trump International Airport.

Big, if true.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.19, S: -6.17

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2017, 02:59:17 pm »
Ignore

Probably a bit like Andrew Jackson, George Wallace, and Huey Long. A small but vocal contingent of nostalgic supporters who build him up to be a hero of the working man, while dismissing his many flaws as being "a product of his time" and "only for political reasons, not personal belief."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:01:32 pm by Crumpets »Logged

A notorious art thief and prolific womanizer

Victor Brauner, Composition c. 1930-1935
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2017, 05:21:43 pm »
Ignore

The destroyer of an old, corrupt, archaic America predicated on false ideals and the founder of a new America, unburdened with outdated notions of liberty and equality and justice, that boldly bestrode the 21st century like the Colossus.
Yond Mikado has a lean and hungry look to him.

If Trump were competent enough to establish the cultish dictatorship he clearly desires, I have a feeling that that very well could have been how people remembered him decades hence (because that would be the only way they'd be legally allowed to describe Donald the Great).

I still think the answer is "wait and see," because posterity often cares about things that no one right now thinks are important and some of the things we think are the most important issues of the day no one will care about then. No one judges the politicians of the 1920s on trade policy, even though they'd tell you that it's the #1 issue.

The Handsome Monkey King Son Wukong weighs in on politics.
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2017, 07:20:29 am »
Ignore

Don't you love it when white men are experts on race relations?

"America now is stumbling through the darkness of hatred and divisiveness. Our values, our principles, and our determination to succeed as a free and democratic people will give us a torch to light the way." - Gerald Ford

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout