How will Donald Trump be remembered in 2066?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:15:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How will Donald Trump be remembered in 2066?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: How will Donald Trump be remembered in 2066?  (Read 9963 times)
Bismarck
Chancellor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »

He'll be on historian's lists of the worst presidents in US history, alongside James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, and Warren G. Harding.

The worst of the worst.

You forgot George W. Bush on that list
Maybe he's of the group that believes 43's reputation will heal by 2066.

George Bush deserves to be on the bad list but Warren Harding does not.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2017, 12:02:34 AM »

Have no idea, but if I have anything to do with it, he should be utterly forgotten as a mere footnote in history. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »

A 1 term president who defied expectations, and beat a ethnically challenged candidate for office.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 11:50:05 PM »

The destroyer of an old, corrupt, archaic America predicated on false ideals and the founder of a new America, unburdened with outdated notions of liberty and equality and justice, that boldly bestrode the 21st century like the Colossus.
Yond Mikado has a lean and hungry look to him.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

He'll be on historian's lists of the worst presidents in US history, alongside James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Millard Fillmore, and Warren G. Harding.

The worst of the worst.
I agree. Trump is a pretty horrible President overall with a flawed domestic policy and a reckless foreign policy, as I feel that Trump will launch military strikes against Iran and North Korea within the coming months in addition to stepping up US presence in the Yemen Civil War. He will probably be in the bottom 10 US Presidents when all is asaid and done. Hillary Clinton probably wouldn't have been much better though, as she would have increased US presence in the Syrian Civil War and would have ramped up tensions with Russia that could have eventually lead to a confrontation with both countries (I know Putin is an brutal autocrat and does not respect human rights, but our hands are kind of tied due to the fact that Russia is a nuclear-armed state and could easily retaliate against the US militarily). The only area in which Clinton was markedly superior to Trump IMO  was on environmental policy and education policy. Still, I opposed both Clinton and Trump and felt they were both extremely flawed candidates and instead voted for Gary Johnson (I voted straight Democratic for all other offices though). 
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »

An accidental one-termer who set race relations back 70+ years.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »

A Harding figure who accidentally became president and resigned within two years.

He'll be viewed negatively but won't be as strongly remembered as some might think.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »

Accidental? He lead a populist revolt and beat a Bush and a Clinton. Hardly an accident. Gerald Ford was an "accidental one termer".
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »

The worst of the worst.
I agree. Trump is a pretty horrible President overall with a flawed domestic policy and a reckless foreign policy, as I feel that Trump will launch military strikes against Iran and North Korea within the coming months in addition to stepping up US presence in the Yemen Civil War. He will probably be in the bottom 10 US Presidents when all is asaid and done. Hillary Clinton probably wouldn't have been much better though, as she would have increased US presence in the Syrian Civil War and would have ramped up tensions with Russia that could have eventually lead to a confrontation with both countries (I know Putin is an brutal autocrat and does not respect human rights, but our hands are kind of tied due to the fact that Russia is a nuclear-armed state and could easily retaliate against the US militarily). The only area in which Clinton was markedly superior to Trump IMO  was on environmental policy and education policy. Still, I opposed both Clinton and Trump and felt they were both extremely flawed candidates and instead voted for Gary Johnson (I voted straight Democratic for all other offices though). 

Clinton would have been much better on healthcare as well. I also think she would have done a decent job on trade. She would have been much more moderate and bipartisan than she claimed to be on the campaign trail. She only ran on "the most progressive platform in history" because that was the mood of the Democratic electorate. I think she would have done a good job on most things while being mediocre on foreign policy. Much tougher than Obama though
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:46 AM »

By  this time in 2025 there will be at least 3 pieces of legislation from 3 members of Congress attempting to rename various airports to become the new Donald J. Trump International Airport.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »

He'll be viewed negatively but won't be as strongly remembered as some might think.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »

Obama already did that.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

If Trump serves only one term, I highly doubt he will be viewed as a more significant figure than say, Gerry Ford.  If he serves two terms, he will be seen as far more influential, for good or for bad.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 07:31:30 PM »

As the president who saved millions of unborn lives through appointing Supreme Court justices that overturned Roe v. Wade.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »

As the president who saved millions of unborn lives through appointing Supreme Court justices that overturned Roe v. Wade.

If God wills it.  Let's pray it will happen.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »

Obama already did that.

Hot take.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »

God loves irony, and She especially loves when people redeem themselves
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »

God loves irony, and She especially loves when people redeem themselves
There's a reason it's called a cruel, sick joke.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »

Ivanka's father.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2017, 04:04:48 AM »

By  this time in 2025 there will be at least 3 pieces of legislation from 3 members of Congress attempting to rename various airports to become the new Donald J. Trump International Airport.

Big, if true.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2017, 02:59:17 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2017, 07:01:32 PM by Crumpets »

Probably a bit like Andrew Jackson, George Wallace, and Huey Long. A small but vocal contingent of nostalgic supporters who build him up to be a hero of the working man, while dismissing his many flaws as being "a product of his time" and "only for political reasons, not personal belief."
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »

The destroyer of an old, corrupt, archaic America predicated on false ideals and the founder of a new America, unburdened with outdated notions of liberty and equality and justice, that boldly bestrode the 21st century like the Colossus.
Yond Mikado has a lean and hungry look to him.

If Trump were competent enough to establish the cultish dictatorship he clearly desires, I have a feeling that that very well could have been how people remembered him decades hence (because that would be the only way they'd be legally allowed to describe Donald the Great).

I still think the answer is "wait and see," because posterity often cares about things that no one right now thinks are important and some of the things we think are the most important issues of the day no one will care about then. No one judges the politicians of the 1920s on trade policy, even though they'd tell you that it's the #1 issue.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2017, 07:20:29 AM »

Don't you love it when white men are experts on race relations?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2017, 02:32:36 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2017, 02:37:41 AM by TD »

He will be remembered as a hapless president who failed to head off the debt crisis of 2021-2024 and was captured by the aging Reaganite Republican Party apparatus who increasingly dominated his domestic and foreign policy. An ineffective president who was buffeted by increasing social and economic divisions (even as they put him in the White House) and problems without a real understanding of how to fix them, he will also be remembered for allowing Russia to tarnish his legacy by trying to elect him. The most accurate comparisons would be a mix of Warren Harding and Andrew Johnson. Racially, Trump will be among the last white presidents with a mid-1950s view of race and elected by a predominately white coalition (defined as a coalition with 85%+ white voters). Ultimately he is one of the last presidents in the Reagan era [1980 to 2024].

I expect him to be a one term president if he isn't impeached or somehow removed from the White House via the 25th amendment.

This is probably the middle of the road view I could come up with as it absolves him of some blame.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2017, 03:52:42 AM »

and probably not remembered as well as even he himself would like
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies