Are there any known dates on which an indiana poll will be released?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:12:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Are there any known dates on which an indiana poll will be released?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are there any known dates on which an indiana poll will be released?  (Read 936 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »

Have any of the polling firms said that an Indiana poll will be released from them anytime soon?
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »

lol IN polls cost a ton of money and we'll probably be going in dark except for a couple of fake internet polls
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »

The fierce, barbarian tribe of Hoosiers do not tolerate being asked their opinions.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 06:29:35 PM »

This is anecdotal, but I have a relative who lives Indiana. According to him, most people are either supporting Trump or are apolitical (with a few people here and there supporting Cruz/Kasich/Sanders, he told me that nearly everyone there hates Clinton, Democrats and Republicans). He lives in northern Indiana btw. He predicts that Indiana will overwhelmingly support Trump and I agree. Indiana is full of working-class Rust Belt whites.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 06:51:29 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 06:54:51 PM by standwrand »

Cruz is going to win IN. Everyone forgets about Indy, which will go Cruz. Although the counties to the North, near Gary, will vote Trump, IN is kind of an outlier compared to IL in terms of social conservatism. Also, Santorum got 13% in IN in 2012 almost a month after he dropped out.

It will be interesting to see if Pence endorses Cruz, to which he said he was open to endorsing after Marquito dropped out.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 06:56:04 PM »

Seeing as I got an email today asking if, I want to join Camp Cruz which they had in both Iowa and Wisconsin, I think it may favor Cruz but really, I wish I had a good position in the Cruz Organization because from the people that I know in the Cruz Organization there polling has been excellent so far this cycle. They do a daily tracker and something, I have been told is that Ted plans his events the night before because they look where they can the best bang for their buck.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 07:21:06 PM »

If you're hoping to see a lot of Indiana polls, you're bound to be disappointed. It's notoriously underpolled. Based on demographics, I'd expect Cruz to be at least slightly favored, and the Democratic race should be competitive.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »

This is anecdotal, but I have a relative who lives Indiana. According to him, most people are either supporting Trump or are apolitical (with a few people here and there supporting Cruz/Kasich/Sanders, he told me that nearly everyone there hates Clinton, Democrats and Republicans). He lives in northern Indiana btw. He predicts that Indiana will overwhelmingly support Trump and I agree. Indiana is full of working-class Rust Belt whites.

Trump is not as well liked in IN as you think. The social conservatism is strong here. Trump may get Indy/Gary but Kokomo/Fort Wayne/etc will go Cruz. Those working class whites are strongly pro-life/evangelical conservative types. Yes Hillary is not liked here. Expect Sanders to win.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2016, 09:31:37 PM by Silent Cal »

Indiana will be for Cruz. Its demographics are more similar to wisconsin than other trump victories and trump has no support from party figures and conservative leaders in the state. it also seems like a State keen for a Sanders pickup. Let's also remember that Indiana Republicans are very conservative, as is the state as a whole.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 02:43:06 AM »

I think I remember reading once that robo-polls are illegal in Indiana, which is what a lot of pollsters use now.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »

Indy suburbs, Region (NW) suburbs, and rural conservatives should be enough to deliver for Cruz.  Blue collar areas will go Trump, though.  Evansville and Louisville suburbs (Jeffersonville) will be Trump's strongest area of support.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »

I know this isn't exactly the right place, but will the Republican Senate primary be polled soon?  I'm really interested in seeing who's ahead.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 10:44:33 AM »

I know this isn't exactly the right place, but will the Republican Senate primary be polled soon?  I'm really interested in seeing who's ahead.

There's a televised debate on Monday, so there will probably be a poll after that. I know the Gun Owners of America did a poll & Stutzman won, but it wasn't a really good poll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies