Sanders surrogate calls Hillary Clinton a "Democratic whore" at NYC rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:12:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders surrogate calls Hillary Clinton a "Democratic whore" at NYC rally
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sanders surrogate calls Hillary Clinton a "Democratic whore" at NYC rally  (Read 6367 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:11 PM »

What a disgusting, sexist and racist campaign this narcissistic loser is running.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 11:50:47 PM »

Come on, Lief, this doesn't and won't change the fact that the Sandernistas still see her a neoliberal neoconservative warmongering corporatist plutocratic militaristic hawk, nor will it change the fact that they hate her more than they hate Satan. If anything, they'll applaud it because to them, sexism can only be used as a defense for any female BESIDES Hillary Clinton running for office. Double standards, you know.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 11:52:04 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 12:01:59 AM by YPestis25 »

Horrible and rather vulgar comment which the surrogate already apologized for. The Sanders' camp does need to start controlling what their surrogates say at campaign events however.

Edit: Not trying to justify it by saying the surrogate has apologized, as others have said it was a wildly inappropriate comment which has no excuse.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »

Obviously that was an inappropriate and offensive thing to say. Hopefully Sanders condemns these comments.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:57:12 PM »

Yeah...that's pretty bad.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 12:15:10 AM »

Campaigns have to be really careful about who they let be surrogates.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 12:19:38 AM »

The Sanders campaign has been a teeming ground for sexism for months. Is anyone really surprised that his campaign has attracted these kind of surrogates?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 12:27:49 AM »

The Sanders campaign has been a teeming ground for sexism for months. Is anyone really surprised that his campaign has attracted these kind of surrogates?

Not at all surprised.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 12:37:41 AM »

Can't wait for the debate!
dax00

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 12:38:44 AM »

The term "whore" does not denote a specific sex. There are both male and female whores. To preface my claim hereafter, I do not condemn prostitution; it is a legitimate practice. I believe the surrogate used the term "whore" to describe how Clinton has sold out to corporations in exchange for power. Sometimes strong words must be used to get the point across. Could the surrogate have set it up a bit better? Yes.
dax00

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 12:40:18 AM »

The term "whore" does not denote a specific sex. There are both male and female whores. To preface my claim hereafter, I do not condemn prostitution; it is a legitimate practice. There is nothing to reproach in mankind's enjoyment of pleasurable things. I believe the surrogate used the term "whore" to describe how Clinton has sold out to corporations in exchange for power. Sometimes strong words must be used to get the point across. Could the surrogate have set it up a bit better? Yes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 12:43:41 AM »

The term "whore" does not denote a specific sex. There are both male and female whores. To preface my claim hereafter, I do not condemn prostitution; it is a legitimate practice. There is nothing to reproach in mankind's enjoyment of pleasurable things. I believe the surrogate used the term "whore" to describe how Clinton has sold out to corporations in exchange for power. Sometimes strong words must be used to get the point across. Could the surrogate have set it up a bit better? Yes.

True, it's sexist to assume whores are female.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 12:45:19 AM »

The term "whore" does not denote a specific sex. There are both male and female whores. To preface my claim hereafter, I do not condemn prostitution; it is a legitimate practice. I believe the surrogate used the term "whore" to describe how Clinton has sold out to corporations in exchange for power. Sometimes strong words must be used to get the point across. Could the surrogate have set it up a bit better? Yes.

I can't think of many ideas worse than calling a woman a whore on the campaign trail. I'm not hopping on the "Sanders is a secret sexist" bandwagon because it's dumb, but he really needs to keep his surrogates under control.
dax00

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 12:52:24 AM »

The double standard is really quite unfair. I would not anticipate outrage at anyone calling Donald Trump a (media) whore.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 12:55:59 AM »

The second word in the Miram-Webster dictionary definition of "whore" is, you guessed it, "woman".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 01:05:21 AM »

The second word in the Miram-Webster dictionary definition of "whore" is, you guessed it, "woman".

Yes, but it doesn't seem so bad when you look at the full definition.
Anyways, it was a dumb comment and Mr. Song quickly apologized for it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

dax00

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 01:08:16 AM »

Referring to jfern's post immediately above, the 3rd definition was most likely the one meant by the surrogate.

As a side note, dictionaries must learn to keep up with the times, or at least give objective definitions.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 01:09:09 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2016, 01:13:19 AM by Intell »

Same as Thatcher, a right-wing whore and Reagan a corporate dick.
psychprofessor

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 01:12:53 AM »

his white millennial male base loves this kind of language...
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 02:13:14 AM »

Oh the crying about this is hilarious. The two words before the comment were corporate and democratic not referring to Hillary but the whole system. Please though keep this up. No one believes Sanders is sexist, racist or any of the other things you have said in the past. It won't work.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 02:22:13 AM »

his white millennial male base loves this kind of language...

They are called bros for a reason.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 02:23:12 AM »

Horrible and rather vulgar comment which the surrogate already apologized for. The Sanders' camp does need to start controlling what their surrogates say at campaign events however.

Edit: Not trying to justify it by saying the surrogate has apologized, as others have said it was a wildly inappropriate comment which has no excuse.

Why would they apologize? ProgressiveCanadian, dax, and jfern have ensured us all that they did nothing wrong!
Desroko
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 05:11:34 AM »

Referring to jfern's post immediately above, the 3rd definition was most likely the one meant by the surrogate.

As a side note, dictionaries must learn to keep up with the times, or at least give objective definitions.

totally bro. and like, if bitches don't want to be called whores they should be ones lol

I love it that even dictionary definitions written years before and with no mind towards a presidential race are now biased against someone's campaign.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:18 AM »

totally bro. and like, if bitches don't want to be called whores they should be ones lol

I love it that even dictionary definitions written years before and with no mind towards a presidential race are now biased against someone's campaign.

Well, we all know who controls Big Dictionary.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 08:39:16 AM »

I am appalled by the pathetic Clinton fans who are using this comment to trash Sanders fan & are playing the woman card.

This is the difference between Sanders & Clinton supporters - For us a wrong statement is a wrong statement regardless of who it comes from - We condemn it - You guys worship Clinton & justify the disgusting comments of her campaign.

Some of the comments in this thread exposes how morally bankrupt & despicable most of the Clinton hacks are.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies