Prediction: There will not be an Establishment Ticket
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:06:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Prediction: There will not be an Establishment Ticket
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Prediction: There will not be an Establishment Ticket  (Read 598 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:00:17 AM »

I predict that if Trump gets the Republican nomination, which I don't think will happen, the Republican establishment will not a run a separate ticket.  I think they will talk about it, but will not do it.  What do you think?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »

I predict that if Trump gets the Republican nomination, which I don't think will happen, the Republican establishment will not a run a separate ticket.  I think they will talk about it, but will not do it.  What do you think?

There's no way for them to get ballot access in all 50 states, anyway.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:15:06 AM »

Wait, Yes there will NOT be an establishment ticket, or YES there WILL be an establishment ticket?
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »

If there is no such ticket, the Libertarian Party will see a record level of support.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »

That's a pretty big if, though.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:50:40 PM »

This isn't a prediction, this is just common sense.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »

Is the question if there will NOT be one, if there WILL be one?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »

No. They're far more likely to focus on retaining Congressional majority and tell Trump he's on his own (assuming he will not accept their marching orders), which will suit him fine. They've thrown everything including the kitchen sink at him and they've not been able to defeat him, it's really been epic by Trump, so to run an "establishment ticket" would be self destruct.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 07:24:18 PM »

A Trump nomination is most likely a failure of will on the Republican "establishment's" part; it seems likely there would be a mass repudiation and endorsement of another candidate in that eventuality.
Lord_Bubbington
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 01:18:42 AM »

I predict that if Drumpf gets the Republican nomination, which I don't think will happen, the Republican establishment will not a run a separate ticket.  I think they will talk about it, but will not do it.  What do you think?

There's no way for them to get ballot access in all 50 states, anyway.

They wouldn't need to, though. They could probably get ballot access in 2/3 states which would easily be enough to stop Trump.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 01:57:29 AM »

No. They're far more likely to focus on retaining Congressional majority and tell Trump he's on his own (assuming he will not accept their marching orders), which will suit him fine. They've thrown everything including the kitchen sink at him and they've not been able to defeat him, it's really been epic by Trump, so to run an "establishment ticket" would be self destruct.

Yes.

I for one would love to see a total repudiation of the establishment, from both the GOP and Dem parties. So seeing a GE debate between Trump and Sanders would be just fine by me. The Washington establishment should be shown the exit...
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 06:58:16 AM »

Wait, Yes there will NOT be an establishment ticket, or YES there WILL be an establishment ticket?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 07:22:33 AM »

Running an "establishment ticket" will superimpose the dynamics of the Presidential race on Congressional races, and that's not what the GOP wants.  It will force the question of "Do you endorse Trump?" on Congressional candidates in a way they can avoid if it's Trump with no 3rd party.  They can say that they're running their own races, say they'll vote for Trump, but will only campaign for themselves, etc.  If you make them choose between Republican Trump and, say, Constitutionalist Ben Sasse (hypothetically), you've taken the issue a step further to where a number of Democrats could win with less than 50% as Trump loyalists appear on ballots as 3rd party folks (or anti-Trump folks for that matter, if the Republican candidate stays loyal) and siphon votes away from the nominated Republican.  Not a good thing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies