Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:10:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178562 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

Yes having probably about a 45% chance to be Vice President is career suicide for her....are you kidding me???

And if Trump wins, like he has been, she almost certainly would be the nominee following him and have been VP and governor of NM; but yeah who would want that...

Man o man some of you need a serious reality check about Trumps chances in the general along with the HUGE opportunity for someone to become Vice President of the United States.

A Hispanic woman with governor experience and than VP experience would almost certainly lead to her being president after Trump if he can get this crappy economy going over the next 8 years.

You understand that being Trump's VP means pretty much breaking up forever with most of her family and friends, yes? All for the privillege, at best, of being humiliated in public on a daly basis for the next 4 to 8 years in DC (if Trump wins) or being tarred, feathered and run out of her state (if he looses).

This is a good point.  Martinez's family is Democratic, as is her husband's family.  She would never be forgiven for teaming up with Trump.

I have no clue if they are, but this is of minor import. More importantly, they are Hispanics - that trumps the party affiliation at this point. She could have become a VP for Cruz, Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Ryan or whoever else without a problem. But going for Trump means  insulting everybody around her.

That' all very true, but I was looking for a distinguishing factor between Martinez and Sandoval, the latter of whom bent the knee and reluctantly endorsed on Trump's 1st day as presumptive nominee.

Besides everything else, there are many more Hispanics in NM.

In any case, it is one thing to "bend the knee" and say that you will vote for the party nominee - and quite another thing to accept a VP nomination. The latter presupposes, actually, campaigning.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »

I've been hearing rumblings about Jim Webb.

No way that doesn't lead to a floor fight at the convention.
They'll do a acclamation vote, and regardless of what happens, Paul Ryan will bang the gabble and say the nays have it.

The "gabble"?

With Carson heading the committee maybe that keeps him from actually getting the spot.

Fargobison

« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2016, 10:40:58 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2016, 11:07:08 PM by Fargobison »

Article about Rubio and some of the stuff going around about him and Trump/being his VP. Sounds extremely unlikely...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://heatst.com/politics/absolutely-not-marco-rubio-wont-be-donald-trumps-vp-or-call-him/
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2016, 10:41:59 PM »

How about Charo or Paula Deen?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2016, 12:34:52 AM »

It's completely baffling how Carson is riding Trump's dick after being compared to a child molester by him
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2016, 04:10:07 AM »

I'm quite glad that Castro is being reported as off the list.  He has just about the worst possible gaffe for a campaign against someone like Trump:   

"Joaquín and I got into Stanford because of affirmative action. I scored 1210 on my SATs"

You can bet that Trump would read that aloud for 3 months and call him Stupid Julian.  It would be absolutely brutal.

I doubt Castro is off the list. Or do you mean only Jacquin?

Some media observers think that'll be Castro for Hillary and Kasich for TRUMP. I like both. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/05/john-kasich-julian-castro-trump-clinton-running-mates-odds/83974594/
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2016, 07:07:24 AM »

I'm quite glad that Castro is being reported as off the list.  He has just about the worst possible gaffe for a campaign against someone like Trump:   

"Joaquín and I got into Stanford because of affirmative action. I scored 1210 on my SATs"

You can bet that Trump would read that aloud for 3 months and call him Stupid Julian.  It would be absolutely brutal.

Some media observers think that'll be Castro for Hillary and Kasich for TRUMP. I like both. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/05/john-kasich-julian-castro-trump-clinton-running-mates-odds/83974594/

Ah, yes. The media observers who said that your candidate never had a chance?

Kasich wouldn't agree to it.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »

Kasich would never be Trump's VP. He's too interested in running again come 2020, when he'll be a relatively young (compared to this cycle's frontrunners) 67.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

I just watched some interviews of Hickenlooper, he seems... low-energy.
Creating an all-women ticket with Elizabeth Warren seems good on paper, but idk she seems too combative and that doesn't really match Hillary's tone so far. And plus there's the whole 2004 video of Warren basically saying she stabbed her in the back, which Trump would find a way to exploit.
I think Tim Kaine is the logical choice, he's competent and can handle attacks pretty well.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »

Who would want to be on a Trump ticket though?
Someone without a political future anyway.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2016, 11:00:48 PM »

Just a little not about Tom Perez that was kind of funny/interesting. He was on CNN's Smerconish and was asked if he was willing to do the "dirty job" of taking on Trump as Clinton's VP nominee. He gave the usual vague reply about how he was not vying for the job, but then he said "I've had a lot of jobs in my life, including working on a garbage truck"   Which kind of sounds like a "yes" to me.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2016, 07:08:15 AM »

Gingrich:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278801-gingrich-odds-are-1000-to-1-ill-be-trumps-vp

Sessions:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/southern-senator-bows-out-of-contention-for-trumps-vp-pick/

[The headline calls the above Sessions “bowing out” of veep contention.  But that’s obviously not a Sherman-esque denial…]

Perez:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/labor-secretary-perez-jobs-report-212900118.html

Warner:

http://wjhl.com/2016/05/06/va-u-s-senator-mark-warner-supporting-clinton-says-race-is-unpredictable/

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #237 on: May 08, 2016, 08:44:51 AM »

Palin is asked if Trump wanted to talk to her about picking her as his running mate, what would she do:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/729298775601258496

She doesn’t exactly give a Shermanesque denial, but does say that she’s “realistic” enough to realize that she might be a burden on the ticket and “doesn’t want to be a burden”.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #238 on: May 08, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »

Uncharacteristicly self-aware, Sarah.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #239 on: May 08, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »

He would. He's second term (term limited) governor. If he wants a chance to ever become president, it is the VP slot on the TRUMP train.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »

He would. He's second term (term limited) governor. If he wants a chance to ever become president, it is the VP slot on the TRUMP train.

But Kasich has said multiple times that he wouldn't do it. What makes you think he'd suddenly change his mind?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »

But Kasich has said multiple times that he wouldn't do it. What makes you think he'd suddenly change his mind?
He's a politician
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2016, 04:03:59 PM »

He's a politician

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »

Sanders doesn't rule out accepting an offer to be Clinton's running mate...at the end of a contentious convention:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/06/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-vice-president/

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2016, 10:41:01 PM »

Why on Earth would Hillary Clinton want Bernie Sanders as a running mate?

Also, putting Bernie Sanders a heartbeat away from the presidency would be seriously tempting fate.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #245 on: May 09, 2016, 01:00:57 AM »

He's a politician

Manaforts partner is also his campagain manager wink wink.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #246 on: May 09, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »

Jan Brewer would be happy to be Trump's running mate:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/09/trump-s-veep-volunteers-could-fill-a-clown-car.html

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »

LOL, I doubt the Trumpster picks her. She's 72, and the Donald is almost 70.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »

And yet a lot of people are talking about Newt Gingrich for some reason, even though he's also 72 (will be 73 by election day).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:58 AM »

And yet a lot of people are talking about Newt Gingrich for some reason, even though he's also 72 (will be 73 by election day).

LOL Gingrich.

What does Gingrich add to the ticket? Only a lot of weight. In the actual sense of the word.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies