Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:53:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178838 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 16, 2016, 12:27:51 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

The would be yuuuuge. Will only help TRUMP. Just imagine how Christie would destroy her in the VP debate.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

The would be yuuuuge. Will only help TRUMP. Just imagine how Christie would destroy her in the VP debate.

Ha. Ha. Ha. You go think that. Don't be too sad when she pops his bloated carcass on live tv.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2016, 04:31:36 PM »

What, is he going to eat her?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2016, 04:33:16 PM »

As a Democratic voter, PLEASE pick Sarah Palin, Donald! It'll be so nice to vote against her twice and see her lose again in a landslide

TRUMP is too smart. He won't pick her. I hope he picks either Kasich or Christie while Hillary picks Warren. Kasich or Christie would destroy her in the debate.
Well, he will need Kasich or Chrstie to win bigly.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »

She is anything, but goofy. It's actually disappointing for you to use such a childish characterization to dismiss her capability. You can disagree with her on policies and positions, whatever those may be to you, but to stoop down to that kind of argumentation won't get a serious response from me. This isn't the 2016 GOP primary.

Arch, we're not counting on any response from you. You are too far gone. No chance of ever convincing you to support Trump.

That's why your comments about Trump's tactics don't matter.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:05 PM »

She is anything, but goofy. It's actually disappointing for you to use such a childish characterization to dismiss her capability. You can disagree with her on policies and positions, whatever those may be to you, but to stoop down to that kind of argumentation won't get a serious response from me. This isn't the 2016 GOP primary.

Arch, we're not counting on any response from you. You are too far gone. No chance of ever convincing you to support Trump.

That's why your comments about Trump's tactics don't matter.

Oh, but they do because I will convince other people to vote against him. If he were everything you think he is, I would be supporting him too, as would most Americans, but he isn't. And you can only get to visualizing him in the way you do by turning a blind eye to most of the things he does and says, while only paying attention to the things he says that you like, even though you have no assurance whatsoever that he'll follow through on any of it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2016, 07:37:34 AM »

Hickenlooper’s office responds to the Hickenlooper VP trial balloon:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/report-colorado-governor-john-hickenlooper-a-top-5-choice-for-vice-president

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In other news, Kasich reiterates that he won’t run on a ticket with Trump:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/16/politics/john-kasich-third-party-interview-anderson-cooper/

Know Nothing
Rookie
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2016, 07:51:03 AM »

I'm pretty confident that Scott Brown is going to be Trump's pick. I saw Manafort on CNN a couple days ago and he seemed awfully bullish on how strongly Trump was going to perform in New England.

Brown would fit into Trump wanting someone with legislative experience, and Brown himself has morphed into a more 'Trumpian' candidate on issues like immigration over the past couple months. He could stay on message as Trump's running mate as well as be reassuring to the GOPe.

Expect Trump to give a very "strong" position on abortion every time he's asked about it, because his VP pick is likely to be a disappointment to socons.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #383 on: May 17, 2016, 07:56:03 AM »

I'm pretty confident that Scott Brown is going to be Trump's pick. I saw Manafort on CNN a couple days ago and he seemed awfully bullish on how strongly Trump was going to perform in New England.

Brown would fit into Trump wanting someone with legislative experience, and Brown himself has morphed into a more 'Trumpian' candidate on issues like immigration over the past couple months. He could stay on message as Trump's running mate as well as be reassuring to the GOPe.

Expect Trump to give a very "strong" position on abortion every time he's asked about it, because his VP pick is likely to be a disappointment to socons.

Eh? Trump will overperform in New England by selecting a running mate who lost in New England twice?
Know Nothing
Rookie
« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2016, 07:59:53 AM »

Eh? Trump will overperform in New England by selecting a running mate who lost in New England twice?

Scott Brown is probably the most politically talented Republican in NE in a long time. I doubt it would alter the map a whole lot, but it could force the Dems to spend $$$ in places they didn't expect.

He shouldn't be overlooked because the Romney anchor (and a gazillion dollars of outside spending) took him down in '12.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2016, 08:02:25 AM »

It's funny watching the Clinton VP search in comparison to Trump?

The person who put Carson in charge needs to be sacked- this is a guy who was too asleep to notice his campaign was a pyramid scheme
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2016, 11:03:20 AM »

Trump should pick a female - the ideal choice would be Martinez but if she doesn't want it he should chose Fallin.

- Female
- Ton of political experience
- two term governor
- time spent in the house as well

Clinton should pick Kaine

- Solid liberal
- younger
- Male
- From a state she has to win, which will probably be close against trump. Kaine may put her over the top in Virginia.

Trump / Fallin

vs.

Clinton / Kaine
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2016, 01:49:46 PM »

Scott Brown is probably the most politically talented Republican in NE in a long time. I doubt it would alter the map a whole lot, but it could force the Dems to spend $$$ in places they didn't expect.

He shouldn't be overlooked because the Romney anchor (and a gazillion dollars of outside spending) took him down in '12.

Yeah, cause Romney was such a horrible candidate for that region of the country...
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2016, 03:49:56 PM »

Becerra just said on CNN he hasn't been asked to submit anything to be vetted yet.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »

Scott Brown is probably the most politically talented Republican in NE in a long time.

Great joke. He was the only Republican to lose a competitive Senate race in 2014. Even Virginia, which was supposed to be safe D, was closer. lol
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #390 on: May 17, 2016, 04:32:32 PM »

Scott Brown is probably the most politically talented Republican in NE in a long time.

Great joke. He was the only Republican to lose a competitive Senate race in 2014. Even Virginia, which was supposed to be safe D, was closer. lol

inb4 tnvolunteer
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #391 on: May 17, 2016, 04:55:13 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2016, 05:16:50 PM by Ronnie »

It's not going to happen, but what do you all think of Kay Bailey Hutchison as a potential running mate for Trump?  She's a smart, well-mannered, establishment-conservative southern woman.  I think she'd be a perfect complement to his politics and his style.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #392 on: May 17, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »

It's not going to happen, but what do you all think of Kay Bailey Hutchison as a potential running mate for Trump?  She's a smart, well-mannered, establishment-conservative southern woman.  I think she'd be a perfect complement to his politics and his style.
Even hypothetically, there'd be nothing in it for her. Someone younger like Ayotte would be a better fit.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #393 on: May 17, 2016, 07:19:13 PM »

Even hypothetically, there'd be nothing in it for her. Someone younger like Ayotte would be a better fit.

There's "nothing in it" for Gingrich either, and he's still being floated as one of Trump's top choices.  As for Ayotte, I think I have a better chance of being chosen than she.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #394 on: May 17, 2016, 07:38:55 PM »

Becerra just said on CNN he hasn't been asked to submit anything to be vetted yet.

And he won't be if his lips are that loose.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #395 on: May 17, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »

There's "nothing in it" for Gingrich either, and he's still being floated as one of Trump's top choices.  As for Ayotte, I think I have a better chance of being chosen than she.
Gingrich is at least always trying to stay relevant though, and doesn't even have a veneer of respectability anymore.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #396 on: May 17, 2016, 10:18:43 PM »

Gingrich is at least always trying to stay relevant though, and doesn't even have a veneer of respectability anymore.

Exactly.  Also, Gingrich sees dollar signs
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #397 on: May 17, 2016, 11:50:47 PM »

The Hartford Courant asked Chris Murphy's office about the USA Today report that he'd be interested in being Clinton's running mate, and Murphy's spokeswoman declined to comment:

http://www.courant.com/politics/capitol-watch/hc-chris-murphy-vp-story.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #398 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:16 AM »

HuffPo details all of Gingrich’s various comments on the veep talk particularly, and Trump in general:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/newt-gingrich-donald-trump-vice-president_us_573a157ce4b060aa781ae3a4?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

The conclusion: Gingrich is rather eager to be picked.

Meanwhile, Politico says that McAuliffe has talked up Kaine in conversations with the Clintons:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/tim-kaine-hillary-clinton-attack-223296

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #399 on: May 18, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »

The more i think about it Newt is the prefect pick for Trump.  He's basically like Trumps Dick Cheney.  Washington insider with experience at fighting the Clinton's.  Also he was runner up in 2012 gop primary somewhat so the voters already know who he is.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies