Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:44:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178923 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 20, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »

I believe Trump said his announcement would be during the RNC. He thinks it makes the event more exciting than doing it beforehand. I suspect Clinton will wait until after the RNC, possibly the day it concludes in order to step on any RNC bounce.

The Saturday after the RNC would be best, I think. Doing it on the last day is a bad idea because it would just get overshadowed by the convention and Friday's a bad day because it's Friday. People have a day to digest what happened, then Saturday comes along and Clinton can say "well that was a sh**tshow, here's Warren/Kaine/Castro/etc"

He's really itching to vote against Trump and make sure he's never President.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: May 20, 2016, 08:18:20 PM »

You think Trump would be doing vetting?!!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »

Trump: Gingrich is "absolutely" on my short list:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/20/trump-gingrich-absolutely-my-vp-shortlist

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »

Well Gingrich actually has experience of a sort as a running mate going up against a Clinton. 20 years ago Bill Clinton was running against Bob Dole who had Jack Kemp as his running mate, but the Clinton campaign essentially turned Gingrich into Dole's running mate. As noted at http://www.livingroomcandidate.org/commercials/1996/

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2016, 08:56:37 PM »

Well Gingrich actually has experience of a sort as a running mate going up against a Clinton. 20 years ago Bill Clinton was running against Bob Dole who had Jack Kemp as his running mate, but the Clinton campaign essentially turned Gingrich into Dole's running mate. As noted at http://www.livingroomcandidate.org/commercials/1996/

Dole-Gingrich:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfttw9V-Tb0
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2016, 09:03:53 PM »

Indeed. The Clinton campaign constantly used "Dole-Gingrich"...I bet some low info voters actually thought Gingrich was Dole's running mate.  Any voter in their mid thirties or older should remember how much Gingrich was hated in the 90s.  Plus the GOP donor class pumped millions into stopping Gingrich in 2012 and now Trump is looking to them to fund his campaign. They arent going to jump on board and even with Adelson, Trump needs the donors.

I really don't see how he helps Trump, I think all this talk of Gingrich is just misdirection.  I think it is Trump's hamfisted way of trying to counter his problems with the current Speaker of the House to show he has a former Speaker on his side.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #431 on: May 20, 2016, 09:21:17 PM »

Any voter in their mid thirties or older should remember how much Gingrich was hated in the 90s. 

Gallup had him at 26% favorable 64% unfavorable in the summer of 1997.  Heck, he was 26%/61% just four years ago when he was running for president:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1618/favorability-people-news.aspx
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #432 on: May 21, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »

Corker, who’s set to meet with Trump on Monday, responds to the VP question:

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/corker-says-hes-not-yet-trumps-running-mate

Meanwhile, out of the Trump VP names getting the most buzz, Ernst has, to date, shown the most tepid support for Trump, previously saying that she “supports the nominee” rather than giving a full-throated endorsement like the ones we got from Christie and Sessions.  In any case, in her latest comments on Trump, she says that she’d be comfortable with Trump as commander in chief, saying that he takes national security “very seriously”:

http://site.iptv.org/iowapress/story/14696/ernst-says-shes-comfortable-trump-commander-chief
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #433 on: May 21, 2016, 11:13:23 AM »

Trump VP vetting:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/21/politics/donald-trump-vice-president-pick/index.html

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #434 on: May 21, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »

So Sharknado is bound to happen then Tongue
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2016, 03:25:25 PM »

The Washington Post is reporting that Donald Trump will meet on Monday with Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, a possible running mate for the presumptive nominee. The pair is scheduled to meet at Trump Tower in New York City.

What do you think of Bob Corker running as Trump's VP?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

I hope not. But I don't think so. It's gonna be Gingrich, Fallin or Brewer. Maybe Kasich or Christie.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2016, 03:53:14 PM »

I hope not. But I don't think so. It's gonna be Gingrich, Fallin or Brewer. Maybe Kasich or Christie.

Yeah, were I a betting man, my money would be on Gingrich. Perhaps Trump and Corker are meeting for other purposes.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »

I don't think Corker would be a bad pick, but I see Trump picking someone as boisterous as he is. Corker isn't like that. Maybe they're talking about Secretary of State?
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »

Dear god I hope not.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2016, 04:19:53 PM »

He'll most likely be Secretary of State
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would think Gingrich will  get the VP call from Trump.

Two old white men who have deep  issues with women.

Aint happnin.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »

For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would think Gingrich will  get the VP call from Trump.

Aint happnin.

Gingrich is exactly the sort of figure that a not-too-bright adolescent Trump would consider would add "gravitas" and "experience" to his ticket. Because Trump appears to have less self-awareness than a not particularly bright sponge, the old white male misogyny issues are irrelevant, maybe even a plus because they'll appeal to Trump's own biases. As long as he's willing to play yes-man to the big golden-orange cheese, Gingrich will be fine in Trump's mind.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2016, 08:07:58 PM »

Don't tell me you seriously think Gingrich and Fallin would be better running mates than Corker.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2016, 11:37:26 PM »

Aint happnin.

Gingrich is exactly the sort of figure that a not-too-bright adolescent Trump would consider would add "gravitas" and "experience" to his ticket. Because Trump appears to have less self-awareness than a not particularly bright sponge, the old white male misogyny issues are irrelevant, maybe even a plus because they'll appeal to Trump's own biases. As long as he's willing to play yes-man to the big golden-orange cheese, Gingrich will be fine in Trump's mind.

2nd that.   Gingrich is basically Trumps Cheney would be a good pick but Kasich is better.  Picking a woman looks like a cheap pander unless its  S Martinez whos a nevertrump.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #445 on: May 22, 2016, 04:52:55 AM »

Aint happnin.

2nd that.   Gingrich is basically Trumps Cheney would be a good pick but Kasich is better.  Picking a woman looks like a cheap pander unless its  S Martinez whos a nevertrump.

A lot of Pub Hispanics are still Never Trump. I expect that to change in the coming months. But the healing process with them will be longer.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #446 on: May 22, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »

Aint happnin.

A lot of Pub Hispanics are still Never Trump. I expect that to change in the coming months. But the healing process with them will be longer.

The one way Trump could maybe lessen the damage of hispanic votes is attacking the current path to legal status policy.   Hispanics are upset about trump yet under Obama just as many families are broken up everyday.  The process for them to become citizens like ironically Trumps wife is a bureaucratic nightmare.   

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #447 on: May 22, 2016, 08:31:45 AM »

In case it wasn’t already obvious, Carson didn’t quit as head of the Trump VP selection team.  He was fired:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/21/donald-trump-to-ben-carson-you-re-fired-from-my-vp-team.html

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #448 on: May 22, 2016, 08:55:13 AM »

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/734371289461362689

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #449 on: May 22, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »

No you won't, Hillary. You don't want to have a politically untested businessperson on the ticket, because that's your opponent. You'll choose a Senator, Congressperson, or Cabinet Secretary, because that makes the most sense. Maybe a Governor if you felt lucky.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies