Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:05:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178917 times)
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »

I could see Trump picking Susan Collins, oddly enough.

That would be a pretty great pick imo.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #526 on: May 26, 2016, 06:48:58 PM »

Have a hard time seeing her run with him though.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #527 on: May 26, 2016, 06:52:32 PM »

Nice person and good legislator, but has a speech impediment and lacks charisma. Other than being a woman and not a carpetbagger, she doesn't bring anything to the ticket that Scott Brown wouldn't.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #528 on: May 26, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »

Following the blow-up over criticism of Susanna Martinez, Trump spox Katrina Pierson says that Martinez was never considered for veep:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-new-mexico-susana-martinez-223600
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #529 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #530 on: May 27, 2016, 12:48:48 AM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #531 on: May 27, 2016, 12:54:49 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 12:57:34 AM by Ronnie »

Yeah, I actually floated her not too long ago, but I did some research, and discovered that she ruled herself out as an option for McCain's running mate in 2008.  I do think she would be a strong running mate, but considering she's not even serving in the senate anymore, it's very unlikely she would accept Trump's offer.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #532 on: May 27, 2016, 01:16:39 AM »

Kasich won't even endorse Trump. Why on Earth would he accept the VP spot? (Especially since it's still possible Kasich runs again in 2020.)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #533 on: May 27, 2016, 01:26:06 AM »

I think Trump will do whatever he can to gain Kasich's endorsement once he begins campaigning in Ohio.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #534 on: May 27, 2016, 07:20:07 AM »

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.

3, not 15.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #535 on: May 27, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

3, not 15.

Well, Gingrich is out of Office for 18 years.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #536 on: May 27, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »

translation: "that would be viewed as not actively pandering to white male bigots, and therefore would constitute a radical departure from previous strategy"
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2016, 09:22:31 AM »

3, not 15.

Gingrich is pretty good at keeping himself in the spotlight, though - like his 2012 run.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2016, 09:39:42 AM by Mr. Morden »

3, not 15.

Gingrich is pretty good at keeping himself in the spotlight, though - like his 2012 run.

I'm not sure why "has been in the spotlight recently" is an important requirement for VP.

EDIT: Anyway, this is silly.  There's no indication whatsoever that Hutchison is being considered, and no one has asked her if she's interested or anything like that, so I'm not sure why we're talking about her.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #539 on: May 27, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »

3, not 15.

I'm not sure why "has been in the spotlight recently" is an important requirement for VP.

EDIT: Anyway, this is silly.  There's no indication whatsoever that Hutchison is being considered, and no one has asked her if she's interested or anything like that, so I'm not sure why we're talking about her.

It's gonna be either Gingrich, Christie or Corker.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »

3, not 15.

I didn't say it's an important requirement, but it helps.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2016, 03:57:29 PM »

3, not 15.

Why would it be Corker? He's the most boring establishment Republican ever.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »

3, not 15.

Why would it be Corker? He's the most boring establishment Republican ever.

Maybe Trump needs boring. Boring is not a terrible thing for a VP candidate. In the last several elections, the more conventionally "boring" VP won almost every time. I mean think about it:

2012 - Incumbent VP beats a rising star in the GOP from a major swing state
2008 - White dude senator from Delaware beats WOMAN Governor of Alaska who was picked in a SHOCK move.
2004 - boring VP beats charismatic huckster
2000 - boring Sec. of Defense beats boring Senator
1996 - lol Al Gore
1992 - lol Al Gore

1988 was the last time the more exciting pick won - Dan Quayle is far more of a shock pick than dull Lloyd Bentsen. Corker is a fine pick for Trump.

Though at this moment I kind of prefer Shelley Moore Capito as a potential pick.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2016, 07:22:24 PM »

3, not 15.

You're right. My bad.

Still, she's something of a has been for serious consideration.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »

Though at this moment I kind of prefer Shelley Moore Capito as a potential pick.
If she weren't pro-choice, she'd be a tremendous pick.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2016, 07:42:42 PM »

Uh, Shelley Moore Capito is pro-life.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2016, 07:46:28 PM »

Guessing that's what he means?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2016, 07:48:06 PM »

3, not 15.

You're right. My bad.

Still, she's something of a has been for serious consideration.
And Gingrich isn't a has-been?  Hahahahaha.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »

She supports restrictions on abortion, but she is almost universally described as being pro-choice.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:56 PM »

I think Trump will do whatever he can to gain Kasich's endorsement once he begins campaigning in Ohio.
Hopefully. I think Kasich is genuine about his intentions here. He was asked about endorsing Trump, and Kasich said he would not until or unless Trump became more inclusive and less divisive. He was then offered the free question of "Would you vote for him?" and said: "I will not endorse him..."

I really dislike how politicians sometimes separate votes and endorsements.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies