Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:16:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 177264 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: May 29, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »

Trump's VP list is now the size of his hands (very small).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/29/politics/donald-trump-vice-president-corey-lewandowski-paul-manafort/index.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2016, 07:21:47 PM »

Is there any actual information that suggests Webb might be Trump's running mate?

Nope.  I mean, they've been saying that it'll likely go to someone with experience in Congress, so I guess Webb qualifies on that front, but no reason to think it'd be him as opposed to any of the actual Republican members of Congress whose names have been floated.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #577 on: May 29, 2016, 07:25:02 PM »

Someone on the PredictIt forum noted that trumpcorker.com redirects to Trump's campaign website.  Though it could just be a squatter trying to drive up Corker's share price in the futures markets.  I don't know why the campaign would buy trumpcorker.com, and not do the same for other short listers, unless an announcement was imminent.  And I don't see an announcement being imminent.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #578 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:34 PM »

Clinton to do a campaign fundraising appearance with Booker:

link

Rubio reiterates that he doesn't want to be Trump's running mate:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-rubio-idUSKCN0YK0NZ

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2016, 11:21:47 PM »

It may be nothing, especially with TRUMP announcing he intends to win New York in the general, but his next campaign event is at TRUMP TOWER. The last time he did a campaign event there --- it was this famous night: http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/05/04/donald-trump-indiana-victory-entire-speech-sot.cnn. Something significant might happen.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule/
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #580 on: May 29, 2016, 11:26:39 PM »

Announcing early could be beneficial. I doubt this is it, but let's think about it...

Hillary is at arguably her lowest low, and Trump benefits as long as he continues to make his run seem normal and legitimate. Nothing will be happening on the Democratic side for at least a week and a half. Rolling out a VP pick would give him all that time to build up street cred and begin defining himself before Hillary can do it for him.

Still, it's really early, and tactically speaking it might be even smarter to do it June 8th, immediately after Hillary begins the presumptive nominee, so that he can suck all the air out of the room/wind out of her sails.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #581 on: May 29, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »

If Bill Kristol/the anti-Trumpists intend to do something soon, it may be a smart move.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #582 on: May 30, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »

The Trump campaign people were previously saying that they wanted to wait until the convention to announce the running mate, because it would give people a reason to tune into the convention.  But since the campaign is so disorganized, they could easily change their minds on something like this.  Tongue
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #583 on: May 30, 2016, 12:08:28 AM »

The Trump campaign people were previously saying that they wanted to wait until the convention to announce the running mate, because it would give people a reason to tune into the convention.  But since the campaign is so disorganized, they could easily change their minds on something like this.  Tongue

Both major conventions always get lots of viewership in the parts that actually matter: First Lady's Speech, VP Speech, Nominee Speech.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #584 on: May 30, 2016, 01:48:04 AM »

Both major conventions always get lots of viewership in the parts that actually matter: First Lady's Speech, VP Speech, Nominee Speech.

But Trump wants to get people to watch more than usual (hence, all the talk of turning it into a reality show-type spectacle).  Waiting until the convention to announce the VP choice is one way to do that.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #585 on: May 30, 2016, 03:14:43 AM »

If he announces his VP this week he'll lose momentum when Bernie drops out on June 8 and Hillary as the presumptive nominee takes over the press for a week.  Every news outlet will be required to write a version of "let's just pause for a moment and acknowledge how historic it is that we now have a female presidential nominee of a major party."  There will be some fawning analysis of how she brought about her inevitable victory.  Sanders die-hards may stir up trouble, further distracting the press from Trump's VP.  Sanders' endorsement speech will be thoroughly analyzed for any hint of malcontent or begrudgement.

I think Trump wants to pick his VP at a moment when he can ride a wave of momentum.  June 14 would be smart.  If he does it June 8 he's picking a fight he might very well lose if his VP isn't interesting enough, which right now seems likely.
mgop
« Reply #586 on: May 30, 2016, 01:52:25 PM »

vp picks coming in august, and don't try to guess it, especialy trump's choice
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #587 on: May 30, 2016, 05:09:41 PM »

I think Ron Wyden or Al Franken would be good picks to unite he party, and both are pretty close to perfect in terms of countering Trump. They aren't exactly risky picks, either.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #588 on: May 30, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »

vp picks coming in august, and don't try to guess it, especialy trump's choice

The conventions are in July...............
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #589 on: May 31, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »

I think Ron Wyden or Al Franken would be good picks to unite he party, and both are pretty close to perfect in terms of countering Trump. They aren't exactly risky picks, either.

Al Franken isn't a risky pick?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #590 on: May 31, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »

No riskier than Trump.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #591 on: May 31, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

No riskier than Trump.

Obviously, I like the idea of a Franken pick. Like it was said, the pick is no riskier than trump, and Franken has never said anything worse than the stuff trump has said. He will be able to go toe to toe with trumps campaign with the insults and mud slinging, and he will be much better at it. I'm sorry conservatives, but it is just a fact that liberal comedy goes over WAY better than conservative comedy. Franken's comedic attacks will land much better than trumps. In addition, Franken has a record of taking his job as senator very seriously and standing up for the little guy. I am praying for this ticket.
kyc0705

« Reply #592 on: May 31, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »

No riskier than Trump.

Obviously, I like the idea of a Franken pick. Like it was said, the pick is no riskier than trump, and Franken has never said anything worse than the stuff trump has said. He will be able to go toe to toe with trumps campaign with the insults and mud slinging, and he will be much better at it. I'm sorry conservatives, but it is just a fact that liberal comedy goes over WAY better than conservative comedy. Franken's comedic attacks will land much better than trumps. In addition, Franken has a record of taking his job as senator very seriously and standing up for the little guy. I am praying for this ticket.

There aren't enough words to convey how much I would love for Al Franken to be Clinton's running mate.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #593 on: May 31, 2016, 06:01:54 PM »

Trump would have a field day with Franken's appearance. I mean... "Franken-stein" is right there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #594 on: May 31, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »

Scott Brown to meet with Trump? (or maybe the meeting already happened, as I guess it was today?):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154141692638168&id=178795233167

Trump says Jeff Sessions is “certainly someone I would consider” for VP:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-vice-president/index.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #595 on: May 31, 2016, 07:13:09 PM »

Corker says the federal probe of his finances won’t hurt him:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/bob-corker-trump-investigation-223667

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #596 on: June 01, 2016, 09:00:04 AM »

Scott Brown to meet with Trump? (or maybe the meeting already happened, as I guess it was today?):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154141692638168&id=178795233167

Trump says Jeff Sessions is “certainly someone I would consider” for VP:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-vice-president/index.html

I think that Scott Brown is unlikely: he's another North-easterner and, more important, pro-choice.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #597 on: June 01, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is potentially on the list.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/far-right-nativists-eye-kris-kobach-donald-trumps-vice-president
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #598 on: June 01, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »

Trump would have a field day with Franken's appearance. I mean... "Franken-stein" is right there.

I have little doubt that Franken can take whatever TrumpMiller dishes out, and toss it right back, with poison and barbs. He won't hesitate to point out that Trump is a human Cheeto.

Trump does not want people laughing at him. It's too close to the truth, and will get under his delicate skin. Get Trump off balance as the butt of viral jokes, and any Democratic nominee will be able to laugh their way into the White House.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #599 on: June 01, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »

Blackburn says she would accept the VP job if offered:

http://nashvillepublicradio.org/post/marsha-blackburn-doesn-t-shy-away-trump-running-mate-rumors#stream/0

Portman reiterates that he’s not interested in the job:

http://wksu.org/post/portman-says-no-way-being-trumps-running-mate-and-again-suggests-kasich-job#stream/0

Thune, meanwhile, had previously said he’d support the nominee, but he just did some full-on cheerleading of Trump for what I think is the first time:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2016/05/31/thune-if-people-want-change-think-their-answer-trump/85197252/

Finally, Ernst is breaking with Trump on South Korea:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/south-korea-republican-senators-223800

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies