Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:14:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178904 times)
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: June 09, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »

Trump does need to lock down battleground state UT, so Mia Love would make sense.

However, Trump said that he isn't trying to "pander" which means he will pick a white male. As for former rivals, I think it is possible that Trump is so completely oblivious that Kasich, Cruz, and JEB! hate him, so maybe he is trying to get one of them for VP. None of them would actually accept, though.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #701 on: June 09, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »

Secretary of State -- of an electorally-small, non-swing state?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #702 on: June 09, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »

Reid seems to be fully on board the Warren train now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Rendell is not.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #703 on: June 09, 2016, 11:37:26 AM »

Reid seems to be fully on board the Warren train now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Rendell is not.

Rendell's statement is surprisingly strong. But it can't be self interested since he also rules himself out. He must be pushing a particular person HARD behind the scenes. I wonder who it is.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: June 09, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »

Probably Kaine because they are both boring white men.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #705 on: June 09, 2016, 11:44:42 AM »

True. I'm surprised Rendell has any leverage at all after the 'more ugly women than attractive women' comment.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: June 09, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »

I wouldn't really use the term "boring" to describe Rendell. Tongue
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #707 on: June 09, 2016, 01:21:38 PM »

I wouldn't really use the term "boring" to describe Rendell. Tongue

Is low-energy better? Tongue
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: June 09, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »

Clinton says Warren is qualified to be VP, has more praise for her.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/hillary-clinton-elizabeth-warren-vice-president-224134#ixzz4B6oYF28G

Senate Dems tout Warren for VP

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/elizabeth-warren-vice-president-224129
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #709 on: June 09, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »

It seems like the only person who might keep Warren from being VP is Warren herself.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #710 on: June 09, 2016, 05:58:01 PM »

If the Democrats run a two woman presidential ticket I'll be surprised. Don't get me wrong, anything is possible. But I wonder how successful a Clinton/Warren ticket would be compared to a Clinton/(insert a male politician's surname)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #711 on: June 09, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »

Warren on Maddow endorses Clinton and calls her a tough fighter, one we need. Says she hasn't been vetted or anything yet, but that's a pretty generic answer to anyone who is ever asked. I don't even think Clinton's campaign has a team to vet and pick a VP yet, to my knowledge anyway.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: June 09, 2016, 08:36:45 PM »

Rachel asks Warren if she believes she is qualified to assume the role of President if she were to be VP and anything happens. Warren replies with "yes I do."
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #713 on: June 09, 2016, 09:22:05 PM »

Rachel asks Warren if she believes she is qualified to assume the role of President if she were to be VP and anything happens. Warren replies with "yes I do."
It was a very confident one too.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: June 09, 2016, 09:26:59 PM »

It was a very confident one too.

I saw in her face that there was serious contemplation when she was being asked the question. She meant her answer.
HilLarry
Rookie

« Reply #715 on: June 09, 2016, 09:29:41 PM »

Elizabeth Warren will be the first female Vice President this November. She is CLEARLY interested and her attacks against Donald Trump are very convincing. During this last interview, she is really talking Hillary up. She wouldn't be doing this if she didn't want the job. The Democrats will want to make a splash. People who aren't voting for Hillary because she's a woman are not going to change their minds if she picks a man as her VP. And the Democrats would be able to take back the Massachusetts senate seat which is really important right now. Clinton/Warren 2016
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #716 on: June 09, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »

Elizabeth Warren will be the first female Vice President this November. She is CLEARLY interested and her attacks against Donald Trump are very convincing. During this last interview, she is really talking Hillary up. She wouldn't be doing this if she didn't want the job. The Democrats will want to make a splash. People who aren't voting for Hillary because she's a woman are not going to change their minds if she picks a man as her VP. And the Democrats would be able to take back the Massachusetts senate seat which is really important right now. Clinton/Warren 2016

I imagine there are probably plenty on the fence who might otherwise vote Clinton at the last minute, but if she picks Warren would see her as playing identity politics and secure those votes for Trump. I personally think she has more to lose by picking Warren, given that she won't even pick up the Sanders crowd since Warren was already demonized after Massachusetts.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: June 09, 2016, 11:30:52 PM »

I imagine there are probably plenty on the fence who might otherwise vote Clinton at the last minute, but if she picks Warren would see her as playing identity politics and secure those votes for Trump. I personally think she has more to lose by picking Warren, given that she won't even pick up the Sanders crowd since Warren was already demonized after Massachusetts.

That's not necessarily true. My husband and sister-in-law aren't too hot on Clinton at all, but say picking Warren would cement them as solid Hillary votes. Anecdotal, but still.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #718 on: June 09, 2016, 11:40:56 PM »

Only the feral Bernie or Bust types, who are far fewer in number than Trumpites here would like to believe. They'll return to their basements, stalking the hot girl across the street who they also hate and end up not voting, voting for Stein or... who the hell knows.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: June 10, 2016, 12:53:03 AM »

Just re-watched the clip. In addition to her serious look of contemplation during the question and her stern "Yes I do", she gives a smirk and raises her eyebrows afterwards, almost a sign of protest against Rendell. Sends a signal that she wants it, and wants to show him wrong.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #720 on: June 10, 2016, 01:09:49 AM »

I now believe Trump is likely to pick either Jeff Sessions or Scott Brown.  Neither would help him win over any key demographics or states, but do running mates ever really help much in those respects anyway?  Trump might just need someone who would be loyal to him, has legislative experience, and agrees with him on most issues.  I think they both fit that bill.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #721 on: June 10, 2016, 01:10:40 AM »

I now believe Trump is likely to pick either Jeff Sessions or Scott Brown.  Neither would help him win over any key demographics or states, but do running mates ever really help much in those respects anyway?  Trump might just need someone who would be loyal to him, has legislative experience, and agrees with him on most issues.  I think they both fit that bill.

Very good point. I think Scott Brown would be the best.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #722 on: June 10, 2016, 01:47:03 AM »

Very good point. I think Scott Brown would be the best.

It would be interesting to see Warren vs. Brown redux in the VP debate.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #723 on: June 10, 2016, 01:48:36 AM »

I'm still rooting for a Clinton/Ed Rendell ticket.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #724 on: June 10, 2016, 07:24:14 AM »

Does a VP nominee have to consent to be added to the ticket? Could Kasicj just be jammed on despite protesting?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies