Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:53:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178878 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:47 PM »

People that everyone will know? I think that rules out Scott Brown, Mary Fallin, or Bob Corker. My guess is Gingrich, Christie, Haley, and Carson make up the list.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #951 on: June 24, 2016, 12:39:31 AM »

Newsmax says that “sources close to Trump” are calling Sessions the current favorite to be picked as his running mate, though the story also mentions Gingrich, Brewer, Fallin, and retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn as additional possibilities:

http://www.newsmax.com/John-Gizzi/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-vice-president-frontrunner/2016/06/23/id/735301/#ixzz4CRmd5fsM
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #952 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »

Frankly, I don't see why anyone would prefer Castro the empty suit. Warren seems like the obvious 'good choice', while Franken and Becerra are the most underrated.

Castro an empty suit? He’s less experienced than other picks, but not totally inexperienced. When you’re in your early 40s, you can’t have twenty or fifteen years of political experience in high offices. Just not possible. But does that mean, you would make a bad VP? I don't think so. He brings diversity and youth to the ticket. He would certainly not hurt Clinton. Likely he would even help and drive the Trumpster crazy. Just think what happens if he calls him “that little Mexican” or so. Clinton/Castro would be a perfect symbol for an open and liberal society.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #953 on: June 24, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »

People that everyone will know? I think that rules out Scott Brown, Mary Fallin, or Bob Corker. My guess is Gingrich, Christie, Haley, and Carson make up the list.

I wouldn't take Lewandowski comments at face value.  It is probably between Fallin and Sessions, at this point.  Unless Trump does a complete 180 and brings the GOP in (at which point Gingrich, Kasich, Haley and Rubio become possibilities), I am still thinking it will be Trump/Fallin.  Sessions is more likely to be a National Security Adviser in a (hypothetical) Trump administration.
tonyreyes89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #954 on: June 24, 2016, 01:37:46 PM »

Castro just isn't qualified to be a heartbeat away from becoming president, simple as that. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #955 on: June 24, 2016, 11:40:58 PM »

Garcetti denies any interest in being Clinton’s running mate, though like others who deny interest, the denial falls short of being Shermanesque:

http://laindependent.com/garcetti-not-interested-in-being-clintons-running-mate/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Al Franken sounds more interested:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/al-franken-clinton-vice-president-224769

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #956 on: June 24, 2016, 11:59:45 PM »

Trump does an interview with Hugh Hewitt in which Hewitt suggests either Christie or Cotton for veep.  Trump responds that he has them high on his list for “something”:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/24/trump-reportedly-eyeing-tom-cotton-mia-love-for-vp-spot/

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #957 on: June 25, 2016, 12:08:18 AM »

There's no way Cotton will go with Trump. He's going to want to play both sides in his potential 2020 run.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #958 on: June 25, 2016, 02:30:49 AM »

Frankly, I don't see why anyone would prefer Castro the empty suit. Warren seems like the obvious 'good choice', while Franken and Becerra are the most underrated.

Castro is a clown honestly considering the VP position. The guy could never even be a Congressman, forget being a Senator & then having some accomplishments. The guy was a small time mayor when Obama picked him up & made him Secretary of Housing & Urban Development. The guy is atleast 10-15 years away from being a VP Pick. Jeff Sessions or Chris Christie would eat the boy's heart out & serve it to Clinton.

Tim Kaine is a top pick IMO & comes from a purple state in Virginia but way too conservative for my liking. But it is better for Hillary to run a  conservative administration with Warren in the senate where she is of some use rather than be a lame duck puppet. Having Sanders-Warren in the senate & a conservative Administration will lead in the future to a Stronger Progressive movement.

As for Trump Kasich would have been best, Sessions would be good as Secretary of State. Kasich would have surely handed Ohio which is an absolutely must win. If trump wins Ohio & either one of Pennsylvania or Florida then he is within a shoe of the white house & may win a couple of small states to go through. No way he is winning without Ohio.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #959 on: June 25, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2016, 04:51:08 AM by President Johnson »

There's no way Cotton will go with Trump. He's going to want to play both sides in his potential 2020 run.

I agree. Cotton has also not much experience. In the senate since 2015, got a House member in 2013.

Trump does an interview with Hugh Hewitt in which Hewitt suggests either Christie or Cotton for veep.  Trump responds that he has them high on his list for “something”:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/24/trump-reportedly-eyeing-tom-cotton-mia-love-for-vp-spot/

Looks like Corker is out. He was actually my favorite since Kasich openly and strongly declined. But Chris wouldn't be a bad choice.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #960 on: June 25, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »

While I get the concerns about Kaine, I do hope Warren doesn't get the nod if only because I think she'd be able to do more in the Senate than she would as VP. Especially as I'd imagine that Hillary's VP will be relatively less influential in her administration when compares to the likes of Biden or Cheney.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #961 on: June 25, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »

I hate saying it, but Kaine seems like the right choice if these are our choices.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #962 on: June 25, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »

Kaine will be on Meet the Press this Sunday.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #963 on: June 25, 2016, 07:15:54 PM »

On this week's Keeping it 1600 podcast Maggie Haberman of the NYT said Newt has been told he is out, apparently for disloyalty to Trump when he spoke out against the Mexican judge comments.  Also said that things looked good for Kaine as the safe choice who has good relationship with Clinton.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #964 on: June 25, 2016, 08:04:26 PM »

On this week's Keeping it 1600 podcast Maggie Haberman of the NYT said Newt has been told he is out, apparently for disloyalty to Trump when he spoke out against the Mexican judge comments.  Also said that things looked good for Kaine as the safe choice who has good relationship with Clinton.

Tfw speaking out against racism is "disloyalty"

I love the republican party
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: June 26, 2016, 05:20:06 AM »

This Politico Article is a few weeks old, but very interesting concerning the next VP. Says basicly that next VP will have a tough job, no matter who wins.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #966 on: June 26, 2016, 05:30:13 AM »

This Politico Article is a few weeks old, but very interesting concerning the next VP. Says basicly that next VP will have a tough job, no matter who wins.

It's hard work breaking all those ties in the Senate and presiding over the electoral vote counting.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #967 on: June 26, 2016, 05:47:49 AM »

It's hard work breaking all those ties in the Senate and presiding over the electoral vote counting.

The article is more about the role in public and the administration. Couting the electoral votes is still Joe's job.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #968 on: June 26, 2016, 09:32:12 AM »

Kaine: "Boring is the fastest-growing demographic in this country."

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #969 on: June 26, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »

The boring majority are going to take our country back
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #970 on: June 26, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »

Kaine's got this. He's a bit too liberal for me, but he's a good guy. If Trump picks someone awful like Gingrich, Kaine might sway me back to the Dems.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #971 on: June 26, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

Scott Walker's boringness really appealed to me, so some could feel the same about Kaine.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #972 on: June 26, 2016, 07:15:22 PM »

At lease it seems Booker isn't going to happen. He's worse than Castro IMO. Still holding out for Warren.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #973 on: June 26, 2016, 09:23:17 PM »

Hillary should really go with Al Franken. Checks all the boxes.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #974 on: June 26, 2016, 09:37:25 PM »

Are Franken and Bayh still in question?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies