Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:25:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178827 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: July 13, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »

LOL, Hillary is so weak. Now she considers a general since Big Don took a look at Generals Flynn and Mattis. She has no ideas, must copy from TRUMP.

Sure, that's definitely what's going on.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1451 on: July 13, 2016, 12:56:57 PM »

LOL, Hillary is so weak. Now she considers a general since Big Don took a look at Generals Flynn and Mattis. She has no ideas, must copy from TRUMP.

Clinton has the pick of almost anyone. Trump has to pick the least toxic of about 5 people, and the only military pick he seems to have is a pro-choice Dem that was relieved of his post.

He was relieved because he spoke out against the failed Obama/Clinton middle-east policy. And the TRUMP-campaign also mentioned General Mattis as potential pick.
politicallpd
Rookie

« Reply #1452 on: July 13, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

When I read the late report about an Admiral being vetted by the Clinton campaign, it made me think of an article (that I'll try to find) from a few weeks back that mentioned Kaine's team is concerned that this is all a head fake. I thought that that was interesting. Would if Hillary could surprise (which isn't one of her strong suits) AND double down on the message of "a steady hand in a volatile world" that she's been running with in ads the past few weeks? If you look back at her most recents ads, almost all play to that message. I'm leaning towards Stavridis more and more each day.

EDIT: Latest example of ad I mentioned https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/752535107437600768
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1453 on: July 13, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »

Clinton has the pick of almost anyone. Trump has to pick the least toxic of about 5 people, and the only military pick he seems to have is a pro-choice Dem that was relieved of his post.

He was relieved because he spoke out against the failed Obama/Clinton middle-east policy. And the TRUMP-campaign also mentioned General Mattis as potential pick.
He was relived because he was an intense partisan instead of serving his country.  Sad
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1454 on: July 13, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2016, 01:27:38 PM by PeteB »

I may be totally off on this but, to me, everything now points to Pence as Trump's VP. Trump is not the sort of guy whose ego would allow him to "court" his #2 (and on his terrain), unless it was a sure thing. The fact that he is making Gingrich and Christie come to IN and the ridiculous excuse about technical problems with his plane tells me that the Pence announcement is imminent, perhaps as early as tonight or tomorrow (yes, I know he said Friday, but this is Trump Smiley).

So, I am formally changing my VP vote to:

Trump/Pence

Vs

Clinton/Kaine

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1455 on: July 13, 2016, 01:30:50 PM »

Will he make them all sit on one side of a table while he sits on the other side and announces his choice?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1456 on: July 13, 2016, 02:18:26 PM »

Robert Costa ✔ @costareports
SESSIONS will fly with Trump to California later today, per source close to Trump
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1457 on: July 13, 2016, 03:04:09 PM »

Dana Bash ✔ @DanaBashCNN
Scoop: Sources tell me & @eliselabottcnn team Trump reached out again to Condi Rice in last few days re running mate. She had no interest
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1458 on: July 13, 2016, 03:09:15 PM »

Reading the tea leaves it seems to me that there is no consensus in Team Trump on who to pick. Last week various insiders on WADR were talking about how Trump has always wanted Kasich for obvious reasons. I can see why he would also want Rice.  I think he is finding it hard to have to go to what he considers the silver or bronze package when he wants the gold or platinum package.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1459 on: July 13, 2016, 03:36:55 PM »

Yesterday we were 100% sure it was Gingrich. Now it's Pence again. And yet they've been reaching out to Rice and Kasich this week alone. I don't even think Trump knows who he's going to pick.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1460 on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »

Trump campaign hires Matt Mowers, a former top Christie aide.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/jul/13/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-polls-2016-campaign?page=with:block-5786a208e4b08239dbab7235#block-5786a208e4b08239dbab7235
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1461 on: July 13, 2016, 03:43:55 PM »

To be clear they were saying Trump wanted Kasich starting at the beginning of the process but all attempts to reach out to him were rebuffed. I haven't seen anything about them reaching out to him this week, the sense I got was that they gave up.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1462 on: July 13, 2016, 03:50:48 PM »

Yesterday we were 100% sure it was Gingrich. Now it's Pence again. And yet they've been reaching out to Rice and Kasich this week alone. I don't even think Trump knows who he's going to pick.

This campaign's inability to narrow down the choices to a few and fall in love with a pick is just staggering. Trump is going to make a pick, and probably wake up the next day and change his mind. If you are going to give yourself a deadline, think ahead and plan accordingly. Don't procrastinate, wait until the last minute, and make a decision you will regret.

That being said, if he wants to have a historically incompetent campaign, by all means don't let me get in the way...
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1463 on: July 13, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »

This campaign's inability to narrow down the choices to a few and fall in love with a pick is just staggering. Trump is going to make a pick, and probably wake up the next day and change his mind. If you are going to give yourself a deadline, think ahead and plan accordingly. Don't procrastinate, wait until the last minute, and make a decision you will regret.

That being said, if he wants to have a historically incompetent campaign, by all means don't let me get in the way...

...too late for that...
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1464 on: July 13, 2016, 04:21:29 PM »

Indianapolis Star a few moments ago:

Gov. Mike Pence said he had a “very warm” meeting with Donald Trump on Wednesday morning, but Trump did not extend an offer for Pence to become his running-mate when they spoke at the governor’s residence.

“Whatever decision is arrived at, we’ll consider this to have been a great honor,” Pence said as he campaigned for his gubernatorial re-election in Fort Wayne after speaking with Trump in Indianapolis.

Regarding the vice-presidential slot, Pence said: “Nothing was offered. Nothing was accepted.”

“I think he’s giving it careful consideration, and we’re humbled to be a part of that,” Pence said. “There are a number of other noteworthy Americans they are considering, and I’m just honored to be on that list.”

Pence said he and Trump “had a great conversation about the country, challenges facing America and my firm belief that Donald Trump is going to provide the kind of leadership that America needs.” A number of Trump’s children also met with Pence at the residence.

“These are good people. This is a good family,” Pence said. “He’s a dedicated family man — a great dad. He’s a builder. He’s a fighter and he’s a patriot.”

So no offers (officially) yet but Pence would obviously accept.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1465 on: July 13, 2016, 04:52:38 PM »

Hillary's top tier is now Kaine and Vilsack
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1466 on: July 13, 2016, 05:05:07 PM »

AKA Kaine.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1467 on: July 13, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »

Reading the tea leaves it seems to me that there is no consensus in Team Trump on who to pick. Last week various insiders on WADR were talking about how Trump has always wanted Kasich for obvious reasons. I can see why he would also want Rice.  I think he is finding it hard to have to go to what he considers the silver or bronze package when he wants the gold or platinum package.

And will doubtless settle for his trademark "cheap gold paint over crap".
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1468 on: July 13, 2016, 06:26:27 PM »

So, the past week is was between Gingrich and Pence, now it's Gingrich - Pence - Christie but most likely Pence - Christie.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1469 on: July 13, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/753365615570812928

You must be logged in to read this quote.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1470 on: July 13, 2016, 07:21:23 PM »

If Pence doesn't get it, does it help or hurt his reelection chances in Indiana? Raise his stature as an important politician for being considered or make him seem like a loser who's more interested in national office than state?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1471 on: July 13, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-goldman/trump-son-in-law-blocking_b_10972794.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1472 on: July 13, 2016, 07:44:21 PM »

Christie’s cancelled his trip to Des Moines this week for the National Governors’ Association meeting, presumably to make himself available in case he’s picked for veep:

https://twitter.com/idaveprice/status/753347113241546752
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1473 on: July 13, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I will be making the announcement of my Vice Presidential pick on Friday at 11am in Manhattan. Details to follow.
psychprofessor

« Reply #1474 on: July 13, 2016, 08:41:43 PM »

awful
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies