Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:35:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179079 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: May 05, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »

Hope it's gonna be Kasich. Although I don't like Marco that much, he would also be a strong running mate.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 04:10:07 AM »

I'm quite glad that Castro is being reported as off the list.  He has just about the worst possible gaffe for a campaign against someone like Trump:   

"Joaquín and I got into Stanford because of affirmative action. I scored 1210 on my SATs"

You can bet that Trump would read that aloud for 3 months and call him Stupid Julian.  It would be absolutely brutal.

I doubt Castro is off the list. Or do you mean only Jacquin?

Some media observers think that'll be Castro for Hillary and Kasich for TRUMP. I like both. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/05/john-kasich-julian-castro-trump-clinton-running-mates-odds/83974594/
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »

I'm quite glad that Castro is being reported as off the list.  He has just about the worst possible gaffe for a campaign against someone like Trump:   

"Joaquín and I got into Stanford because of affirmative action. I scored 1210 on my SATs"

You can bet that Trump would read that aloud for 3 months and call him Stupid Julian.  It would be absolutely brutal.

I doubt Castro is off the list. Or do you mean only Jacquin?

Some media observers think that'll be Castro for Hillary and Kasich for TRUMP. I like both. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/05/john-kasich-julian-castro-trump-clinton-running-mates-odds/83974594/

Ah, yes. The media observers who said that your candidate never had a chance?

Kasich wouldn't agree to it.

He would. He's second term (term limited) governor. If he wants a chance to ever become president, it is the VP slot on the TRUMP train.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

This is from last week, but I just noticed it now.  As already noted early in the thread, Tim Scott didn’t rule out accepting a VP offer from Trump when he was asked about it a few weeks ago.  However, last week, Scott offered a rather tepid endorsement of Trump that suggested he wasn’t really interested in doing much to assist Trump’s campaign:

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160504/160509724/haley-not-interested-in-being-trumps-vice-presidential-pick

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, OK, he hasn’t ruled out accepting a running mate offer, but he sure doesn’t sound as enthusiastic about it as some of the others.

Scott would be a very strong choice.

Scott is a joke. He's corrupt and even unpopular in Florida.

The strongest choices would be Kasich, Haley, Sandoval or Martinez.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »

I think he's going to pick someone with the following attributes:

>Is a policy wonk
>Is not an old white man

IMO, he should go for a southern woman.  He needs someone to soften his rough edges to an extent.
Cong. Marsha Blackburn, of Tennessee?

He wouldn't be the greatest choice.

It's a she Wink
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 05:17:32 AM »

I'd rather have Warren as Senator, but at least we'll have a special election.
Martha Coakley v Scott Brown?

LOL... no Scott Brown will play a role in the TRUMP Administration.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 05:19:45 AM »

The Hill says that the five candidates “getting the most buzz in Clintonworld” are Kaine, Brown, Warren, Perez, and Hickenlooper:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279879-hillary-clintons-top-five-vice-presidential-picks

But, as with many stories like this, the sourcing is rather vague.  What is “getting buzz in Clintonworld”?  Are the sources here actually people with inside knowledge of the VP search, or just people in the extended Clinton orbit, only loosely connected to the campaign?

In any case, the most interesting name there is Hickenlooper, who last year said that he wasn’t interested in the VP job, because he didn’t want to move to DC:

LOL... no Castro??
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 06:16:43 AM »

The Hill says that the five candidates “getting the most buzz in Clintonworld” are Kaine, Brown, Warren, Perez, and Hickenlooper:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279879-hillary-clintons-top-five-vice-presidential-picks

But, as with many stories like this, the sourcing is rather vague.  What is “getting buzz in Clintonworld”?  Are the sources here actually people with inside knowledge of the VP search, or just people in the extended Clinton orbit, only loosely connected to the campaign?

In any case, the most interesting name there is Hickenlooper, who last year said that he wasn’t interested in the VP job, because he didn’t want to move to DC:

LOL... no Castro??

Of course Castro isn't there. He's the Marco Rubio of the Democrats.

I thought he's the unoffocial front runner, because he would bring diversity and balance to the ticket.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 02:13:47 PM »

As a Democratic voter, PLEASE pick Sarah Palin, Donald! It'll be so nice to vote against her twice and see her lose again in a landslide

TRUMP is too smart. He won't pick her. I hope he picks either Kasich or Christie while Hillary picks Warren. Kasich or Christie would destroy her in the debate.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 12:27:51 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-taylor-swift-trump-commencement_us_57389a14e4b08f96c1836911

Warren has really dominated the airwaves attacking Trump--moreso than any other potential VP candidate. I wonder how much of this is angling for the VP slot. It seems she has inserted herself into the Presidential race purposefully.

Goofy Warren for VP? That would be grand.

The would be yuuuuge. Will only help TRUMP. Just imagine how Christie would destroy her in the VP debate.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 01:53:55 PM »

This news it about two weeks old, but I just saw it now, and looks like it hasn't been posted.  Huckabee responds to the VP question:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/huckabee-not-interested-in-being-trumps-vp-unless-trumps-interested-in-me/article/2590461

I doubt it. The Huck wouldn't be a good choice.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 03:48:11 PM »

I hope not. But I don't think so. It's gonna be Gingrich, Fallin or Brewer. Maybe Kasich or Christie.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »

Please not Corker, Donald. Pick Kasich! He's the most competent guy by far.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 01:10:58 PM »

Kasich could deliver Ohio for Trump.
Gingrich could help uniting the party and bring in the conservative base.

Corker: is he considered a good pick by the conservatives? I doubt it.

I think the concern over the conservative base is overestimated. They won't vote for Hillary. And the few votes TRUMP loses with the very conservative voters, he compensates with indepedents and cross-over Democrats, including a large number of former Bernie supporters.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »

Warren for VP, Maura Healey for Senate. They even have the same haircut. Win/win.

Not if TRUMP wins the election.

However, looks like my dear John Kasich is out for the VP nomination and I can take him off my signature. He would habe been a great Vice President for The Donald.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 04:14:33 AM »

Kasich won't even endorse Trump. Why on Earth would he accept the VP spot? (Especially since it's still possible Kasich runs again in 2020.)

He will get the same result in 2020 that he got in 2016 if he continues his silly selfish non support of the 2016 GOP candidate for president.

Yeah, sadly, Kasich won't be TRUMP's running mate. Really sad, he would have been the best choice.

Maybe TRUMP now takes a second look at Marco (I don't call him little Marco anymore since he has been nice to TRUMP).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 04:39:26 AM »

Has anyone talked about Heinrich yet?

Martinez is governor, so that won't happen.

Damn. He'd be a good pick otherwise.

Likely Booker won't be picked for the same reason.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

Bad judgement, Harry. TRUMP will defeat them both. If Hillary wants someone from the left-wig of the party, she should pick Bernard.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 01:21:38 PM »

Probably Kaine because they are both boring white men.

I wouldn't really use the term "boring" to describe Rendell. Tongue

Is low-energy better? Tongue
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 04:53:18 AM »

If Hillary picks Warren, TRUMP should consider Chris Christie. He's a fantastic debater and would destroy Warren.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 05:10:48 AM »

Just listened to Kasich on Fox. Not only was he adamant that he would not be Trump's VP but clearly said that he would not endorse Trump, even at the Convention in Cleveland, and in response to whether he prefers Clinton or Trump said "those are not very good choices".

So, if Trump is looking to his competitors, it would have to be Rubio.
He continued to say that he means that he won't endorse Trump unless Trump becomes less unifying. That's not "clearly not endorsing Trump" to me.

Didn't Big Don say someone who has not endorsed him yet? Oh lord, please don't let it be Rafael.

If Hillary picks Warren, TRUMP should consider Chris Christie.

I doubt Clinton will announce her pick until after Trump has announced his.

Only if she announces before the convention.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 05:33:24 AM »

Just listened to Kasich on Fox. Not only was he adamant that he would not be Trump's VP but clearly said that he would not endorse Trump, even at the Convention in Cleveland, and in response to whether he prefers Clinton or Trump said "those are not very good choices".

So, if Trump is looking to his competitors, it would have to be Rubio.
He continued to say that he means that he won't endorse Trump unless Trump becomes less unifying. That's not "clearly not endorsing Trump" to me.

Didn't Big Don say someone who has not endorsed him yet? Oh lord, please don't let it be Rafael.

Kasich hasn't endorsed Trump.  However, he hasn't ruled out the possibility of endorsing Trump in the future.  I think he's most likely the VP short lister that Trump was referring to re: someone who hasn't endorsed him "yet".

I doubt Clinton will announce her pick until after Trump has announced his.

Only if she announces before the convention.
[/quote]

What do you mean?  Whether she announces before the convention or at the convention, I don't see her making the announcement until Trump has made his announcement first.

[/quote]

I mean if Hillary announces before the Republican convention. Then TRUMP would announce his pick after her. But I'm afraid both will announce at their repective conventions, what means, that TRUMP will do first.

Kasich would definitely be the smarter pick, because of experience and Ohio. He is more likely to be considered since TRUMP said, he wants someone who can deal with congress (and we all know, Rafael is not that popular among his colleagues).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:39 AM »

Warren needs to stay in the Senate. Few other Senators sponsor the kind of legislation she does. She is in a position to push Clinton to the left on Wall Street regulation. Hard to do as a loyal VEEP.

I strongly doubt that Elizabeth Warren would be angling for Veep if she wasn't assured in advance that she would be as involved in White House deliberations and decisions as Dick Cheney and Joe Biden were before her. 

Neither did Al Gore in 1992, and yet Bill Clinton picked him anyway. 

The same with Dick "the warmonger" Cheney.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »

Trump's short list grows shorter....

Looks like he's out. Just like Newt.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »

Looks like he really wants the nod.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies