Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:33:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 178983 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: April 23, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »

Kaine is a good consensus pick - he's the most acceptable choice to the most number of people. I prefer Warner, but he's too centrist to be the best pick. Plus, Warner is old news and his luster has sort of come off. I respect Sherrod Brown, but he's too liberal for me and more importantly, I don't want to give Kasich a Senate nominee. I'd vote for Trump or Cruz before I'd vote for a ticket with Warren or Castro on it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »

I'm starting to seriously think Trump might pick Scarborough.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »

It's not going to happen, but what do you all think of Kay Bailey Hutchison as a potential running mate for Trump?  She's a smart, well-mannered, establishment-conservative southern woman.  I think she'd be a perfect complement to his politics and his style.
Even hypothetically, there'd be nothing in it for her. Someone younger like Ayotte would be a better fit.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »

There's "nothing in it" for Gingrich either, and he's still being floated as one of Trump's top choices.  As for Ayotte, I think I have a better chance of being chosen than she.
Gingrich is at least always trying to stay relevant though, and doesn't even have a veneer of respectability anymore.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:52:32 PM »

I could see Trump picking Susan Collins, oddly enough.
Nice person and good legislator, but has a speech impediment and lacks charisma. Other than being a woman and not a carpetbagger, she doesn't bring anything to the ticket that Scott Brown wouldn't.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »

Though at this moment I kind of prefer Shelley Moore Capito as a potential pick.
If she weren't pro-choice, she'd be a tremendous pick.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »

Though at this moment I kind of prefer Shelley Moore Capito as a potential pick.
If she weren't pro-choice, she'd be a tremendous pick.
Uh, Shelley Moore Capito is pro-life.
She supports restrictions on abortion, but she is almost universally described as being pro-choice.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »

http://www.mediaite.com/online/christie-slams-lindsey-graham-for-un-endorsing-trump-he-should-go-back-to-south-carolina/

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/christie_chronicles/Christie-defends-Trump-over-judge-comments.html

Trump is responsible for a medical miracle - Chris Christie hasn't been able to bend over since he was 25, but here he is like a bending himself into a pretzel to defend Trump every single day. Meanwhile, he tells Lindsey Graham to go back to SC to rebuild his base, while his approval rating in NJ is in the 20s.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 01:05:06 AM »

Eric Trump quasi-ruled out Kasich recently on Fox, so I would be very surprised if he was picked.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 08:07:22 PM »

Kaine is so much more qualified than everyone else on that list it isn't even funny. I could live with Booker, though.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »

Kaine is so much more qualified than everyone else on that list it isn't even funny. I could live with Booker, though.

Becerra: 25 years in congress
Chairman of the HDC

And he isn't qualified?
I didn't say he was unqualified, just that Kaine is the complete package. I prefer someone who's won tough races at the state and federal levels in a swing state, even if he rode Warner's coattails a bit, over someone who's spent decades in a safe cupcake seat in California.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:25 PM »

Liz Warren is shamelessly trying to become VP, but she'll end up looking like the left-wing Chris Christie.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »

Also, could you please explain how Senator Joe Manchin is to the right of Clinton? He has been consistently against the Iraq War and Obama's military intervention abroad; he has consistently opposed free trade deals, including the TPP. and he has called for overturning Citizens United and getting money out of politics since before Clinton was in the race.
Uh... he's more conservative than Clinton on practically everything.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »

Kaine's got this. He's a bit too liberal for me, but he's a good guy. If Trump picks someone awful like Gingrich, Kaine might sway me back to the Dems.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2016, 02:56:17 PM »

Susan Collins is a good person and she knows how to appeal to people in both parties, but she is a terrible speaker and I think Democrats would prefer her in the Senate to be a dealmaker. The Dems would obviously win her seat if she became VP, but I think her influence in the Senate is arguably more valuable than a Dem seat outright. She'd also get savaged by the GOP like what happened to Hagel when he got appointed SecDef.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:28 PM »

But again, politicians are narcissists, so maybe Pence thinks that he's so awesome that voters will be impressed with him even if they don't like Trump.
Pence is a great guy, and I think people will like him. Conservatives already love him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 07:05:21 PM »

But again, politicians are narcissists, so maybe Pence thinks that he's so awesome that voters will be impressed with him even if they don't like Trump.
Pence is a great guy, and I think people will like him. Conservatives already love him.

Because as we all know, who conservatives love and who the entire country loves overlaps perfectly!
The country loved W and the Gipper.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 04:54:02 PM »

Could he? Yes. Would he? No. He has Sessions as an emergency pick.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 11:51:27 PM »

Is anybody surprises that Mike Pence is being considered after he endorsed Cruz in the primary?  (For what it was worth.)
He did it without speaking negatively about Trump.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »

There's an awful lot of bad blood between Christie and Jared Kushner, but insiders still seem rather bullish on his chances, which I think says a lot about Trump's opinion of Christie. I wouldn't count him out yet.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »

Castro is the ultimate empty suit and Booker is actually in bed with Wall Street.

HUGE f'ing mistake to pick either of them.

Yeah, if she's going Latino Perez would be the better pick. At least he speaks Latin.
Latin?
Mexican.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »

Provide one legitimate non-identity politics reason why Booker is less qualified than Castro.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 05:23:50 PM »

Kaine may be too far right. Choosing him would big a giant sign that Clinton intends to govern as even more of a "liberal Republican" candidate than Obama.

I haven't had the time to go and crunch numbers, but with a Kaine pick, Clinton would be betting that the number of "moderate"  votes she gets will outweigh the loss of actual leftists who vote Green, Lib, or just stay home. (The "moderate" votes will count for more if she's actually taking them away from Trump, instead of grabbing folks who would otherwise stay home,  of course.)

This election is really, really turing into a race to see which pile of elephant turds is the stinkiest. Guess I need to look for more jobs in Canada.
If you move to Canada, you'll just start saying the Liberals are Conservative Lite.

Very true. It is time to accept your center-left overlords. Clinton/Trudeau will be the best duo ever! Smiley
I am not a fan of Hillary, but to compare her with Trudeau is very demeaning to her.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »

Warren can also use the former Republican angle too. "I was a Republican, the party left me" etc.
That works for Charlie Crist and Lincoln Chafee, not so much for someone whose current political views are to the left of the Democratic Party, let alone the Republican Party.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2016, 02:00:13 AM »

Warren can also use the former Republican angle too. "I was a Republican, the party left me" etc.
That works for Charlie Crist and Lincoln Chafee, not so much for someone whose current political views are to the left of the Democratic Party, let alone the Republican Party.

The difference is that those men have no principles. They are carpet baggers.
That's certainly a creative use of the term "carpetbagger".
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies