Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 180559 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 23, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »

Florida Senator Bill Nelson is on the list. I would like to see Kaine or Nelson on the ticket. Who cares about the Sanders supporters? They want to take the country over the cliff. An extreme leftist ticket does not do well for Democrats. Kaine is a safe choice. He will not do harm. Do no harm. Kaine will not distract from the ticket.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/us/politics/hillary-clinton-vice-president.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is potentially on the list.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/far-right-nativists-eye-kris-kobach-donald-trumps-vice-president
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:58:34 PM »

Castro brothers are not ready to be vice president and president right now. Maybe in 2020 or 2024. We'll see. Both of them are moderate Democrats.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:26:32 AM »

If Trump names his vice presidential running mate next week, then Christie is probably out of the running. He's on vacation in Italy. It might be Gingrich or Corker. Christie will probably be attorney general or Chief of Staff if Trump wins.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »

I wonder when he rolls out his VP choice. You can't do it on Tuesday, July 5. Some Americans are still hung over from the long Independence Day weekend. Thursday or Friday? Maybe Saturday morning at Trump Tower? Or should he announce it in a swing state like Romney did with Paul Ryan in Virginia?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »

Vilsack would be a terrible choice. He's uninspiring, a terrible politician, makes pointless priorities, and among some of the few democrats whom I've refused to vote over the years when I lived in Iowa. (He was pretty much going to win so I voted green that year in protest of his poor management of the states educational system.) I was happy when Obama made him Agri Sec as it meant he'd not be screwing up elections in Iowa for a while.

He'd be a very disappointing and unwise choice.

Uninspiring my eye. I like Vilsack. Progressive voters are lazy. Who cares about excitement? Vilsack is qualified.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 08:54:33 PM »

Apparently Michael Flynn's registration as a Democrat might cause some ballot issues in Florida and West Virginia.

I think it will be Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) I like her. She's beautiful, tough, and smart. Other people he should include on the veep list should be former CEO Herman Cain of Georgia, and maybe even Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 02:54:54 PM »

I'm surprised we don't hear more( or any really) buzz around Huckabee. Well known, ran for president twice without having a scandal derail his campaign, and has full heartedly backed Trump in recent days. Plus he at least used to be rather likable with his aw shucks persona. One could do worse. 

Huckabee's political career is probably over. Huckabee and Gingrich are to make money with books. Huckabee should probably be the chair of the RNC if they lose the presidency this November.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 12:01:33 PM »

A good dark horse VP choice would be former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson. He's Hispanic, but more qualified than Castro, Perez, and Becerra. He has good foreign policy experience and he governed a state. Plus, the Clintons should put the 2008 endorsement of Obama behind them.

isn't he, like, corrupt as heck, though?

Yeah, there are some issues there.

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 02:11:57 PM »

Vilsack, Richardson, Kaine, or Warren would be good VP picks.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »

Yeah, a little, but he's experienced. He could be ready to be president on Day One.

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Maybe Richardson for Secretary of State or UN ambassador?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 05:30:29 PM »

Clinton's not picking a washed-up has-been who has been out of public life for five years and is nearly as old as she is.
Maybe Richardson for Secretary of State or UN ambassador?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Richardson for Retirement Tongue

What do you have against Gov. Richardson? He is qualified to be Secretary of State.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »

Is there actually a reason for Hilary to not offer the job to John Kerry again if he wants it? He seems to actually enjoy being SoS and has been pretty decent at it.

I could see Kerry, Biden, Richardson, or even Susan Rice, or Jake Sullivan as Secretary of State.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 07:18:13 PM »

Politico says Clinton will announce her pick on Friday in Florida:

http://www.politico.com/playbook

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Inb4 the Bill Nelson hype.

Nelson is probably too old to be Clinton's VP. He may retire in 2018. If it's Nelson, he seals Florida for her and he is ready to be president on Day One. He probably should have ran for governor in 2014.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 01:10:05 PM »

Where is this Vilsack buzz coming from? Why is this happening, and why are people pretending this is a normal thing? Have I awoken in some sort of bizarro world where bronz4141 is running the Clinton campaign?

Yeah, next she'll be vetting Dick Gephardt and Sam Nunn. Hillary needs to stop catering to the bronz vote.

Working class Midwesterners and Southerners should matter to the Clinton campaign. I'm glad she's vetting him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 07:38:53 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/two-names-emerge-from-clintons-vp-deliberations-kaine-and-vilsack/2016/07/19/62189146-4d2d-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The story also indicates that Clinton has asked Obama to give her any advice he might have on picking the folks in his Cabinet (i.e., Perez and Vilsack….and presumably Castro).

I'm glad. Vilsack and Kaine are good leaders.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »

Banks should be regulated, it should not be abolished like what progressives want. Without banks in this country, how is there credit?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 07:33:39 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 07:39:24 PM by bronz4141 »

But that's...that's not at all...ugh never mind I'm not going to bother.

The progressives plan is to nationalize the banks, or to abolish them so that the government can create prosperity among the non-producers. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »

The progressives plan is to nationalize the banks, or to abolish them so that the government can create prosperity among the non-producers. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it.

Huh Where the heck did you get this idea from?

Sanders and the far left make it seem that banks and free enterprise are evil, evil. You can't have a country without a free market system. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it or nationalize it like crazy.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 07:56:31 PM »

Sanders and the far left make it seem that banks and free enterprise are evil, evil. You can't have a country without a free market system. Regulate the banks, don't abolish it or nationalize it like crazy.

Where/when did Sanders propose to nationalize banks? He always spoke of breaking up the big banks like Roosevelt did. I fail to see how you arrive to this conclusion and then cast it over an entire wing of left-leaning voters.

That's his ultimate goal, but he never spoke about it because he knew he would lose. Other than that, if not Kaine or Vilsack, former Indiana Rep. Tim Roemer would be good. He was an Ambassador to India.

http://www.patriotledger.com/article/20160420/NEWS/160507253
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 08:07:34 PM »

Where/when did Sanders propose to nationalize banks? He always spoke of breaking up the big banks like Roosevelt did. I fail to see how you arrive to this conclusion and then cast it over an entire wing of left-leaning voters.

That's his ultimate goal, but he never spoke about it because he knew he would lose. Other than that, if not Kaine or Vilsack, former Indiana Rep. Tim Roemer would be good. He was an Ambassador to India.

http://www.patriotledger.com/article/20160420/NEWS/160507253

You can't just make stuff up on what you think someone's views are.

I know I'm right. He has a problem with the banks. I agree with Sanders on some issues, but the way he demeans success and others I do not like.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's really Perez.  He could be a good pick for Florida.

It shouldn't. It should be someone like former Indiana Rep. Tim Roemer. I don't know if Perez is ready for the Trump onslaught.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »

She should pick a dark horse: Former Indiana Rep. Tim Roemer. He opposed NAFTA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana%27s_3rd_congressional_district

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_J._Roemer#Congress
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies