Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:28:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179069 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 22, 2016, 09:32:04 AM »

I would expect Trump to pick either Kasich or Rubio, I would lean Kasich.

I would expect Hillary to pick warner/Kaine or Castro, I would lean Warner/Kaine since Trump will probably be the Republican nominee.

Rubio is more likely. He's young and a latino. The Trumpster will either pick a minority or a woman. If not both (Haley, Martinez for example).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 10:01:10 AM »

I would expect Trump to pick either Kasich or Rubio, I would lean Kasich.

I would expect Hillary to pick warner/Kaine or Castro, I would lean Warner/Kaine since Trump will probably be the Republican nominee.

Rubio is more likely. He's young and a latino. The Trumpster will either pick a minority or a woman. If not both (Haley, Martinez for example).

As I noted just a few posts ago, Martinez just slammed Trump at an RGA donor event, saying that, as a Latina, she's offended by his comments about immigrants.  Haley was also quite critical of him.  I don't see either of them accepting a VP offer from him.  And Ayotte's busy with her reelection campaign, so I don't see her accepting a VP offer from anyone this year.  If Trump wants to pick a woman, his options will be limited.  Maybe Ernst?

Ernst is also an option. Or maybe Jan Brewer. But I doubt that because she’s over 70. However, I wouldn’t take any negative comments too serious. Once Trump makes to offer, who knows?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »

LOL, I doubt the Trumpster picks her. She's 72, and the Donald is almost 70.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:58 AM »

LOL, I doubt the Trumpster picks her. She's 72, and the Donald is almost 70.

And yet a lot of people are talking about Newt Gingrich for some reason, even though he's also 72 (will be 73 by election day).

LOL Gingrich.

What does Gingrich add to the ticket? Only a lot of weight. In the actual sense of the word.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 09:21:15 AM »

What does Gingrich add to the ticket?

Trump said one of the most important considerations for him is who can help him get things passed through Congress, so I guess that translates to a former House Speaker?  Not saying that this makes sense, given the significant liabilities Gingrich has, but it's the kind of weird logic that Trump might use.

I guess Dennis Hastert is out the question?  Tongue

Well, there are better choices than Ginrich who hit this criteria. I'd pick a minority or a woman. The strongest "old white man" would obviously be Kasich.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »

I read that Carson just “completed his task and made recommendations”; not that he was fired.

I guess these are the remaining six names (no particular order):

Marry Fallin
Rick Perry
Chris Christie
Newt Gingrich
Jan Brewer
Ted Cruz

Some dark horses, nobody has talked about yet: The Huck, Rick Santorum, Jeff Flake and Matt Mead. I think they could be under consideration as well.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »

Mary Fallin would be my top pick for VP

She has some advanatges, but also little name recognization outside her state, which is a GOP stronghold.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »

If he picks Gingrich, between the two of them they'll have 4 divorces. Not sure how that looks to certain traditionally Republican groups.

Well, Trump may take the risk. The question is also: Does he want someone who is more useful in terms of getting elected or more useful in terms of governing. That's a difference.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 08:59:57 AM »

He ran four years ago....
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »

Looks like the Trumpster is now really eying Corker for the VP slot. A relatively unknown old white man from a state that he will win anyway. LOL.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.

3, not 15.

Well, Gingrich is out of Office for 18 years.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »

I think Trump should pick former Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She would be a decent choice. She would appeal to the grassroots conservatives and the GOP-E. (GOP establishment)

Dude. She's been out of office for over 15 years, and her last electoral race was to lose a primary to Rick "oops" Perry. She wouldn't have a shot at running statewide in Texas anymore.

3, not 15.

Well, Gingrich is out of Office for 18 years.

Gingrich is pretty good at keeping himself in the spotlight, though - like his 2012 run.

I'm not sure why "has been in the spotlight recently" is an important requirement for VP.

EDIT: Anyway, this is silly.  There's no indication whatsoever that Hutchison is being considered, and no one has asked her if she's interested or anything like that, so I'm not sure why we're talking about her.

It's gonna be either Gingrich, Christie or Corker.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 09:00:04 AM »

Scott Brown to meet with Trump? (or maybe the meeting already happened, as I guess it was today?):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154141692638168&id=178795233167

Trump says Jeff Sessions is “certainly someone I would consider” for VP:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-vice-president/index.html

I think that Scott Brown is unlikely: he's another North-easterner and, more important, pro-choice.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 09:09:21 AM »

LOL, Rick Scott. A criminal who is unpopular in his state.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »

Gingrich’s fellow presumed-VP short lister Bob Corker is also criticizing Trump over the Curiel matter, albeit in somewhat more gentle terms.  On “This Week”, he said that Trump is “going to have to change” his campaign approach for the general election, and:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-bob-corker-trump-change/story?id=39611502

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is finished.   Hell it might be time to consider another candidate for the convention.

The Trumpster was always finished as for the GE. His whole campaign is a scam.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 08:44:33 AM »

Who the heck is Blackburn?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 08:59:21 AM »

I like Warren, but she should stay in the senate. Castro or Booker would make a better Vice President. Kaine and Franken would also be solid picks. I also wouldn’t mind to keep Uncle Joe on the second spot, though that’s no realistic scenario.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »

I like Warren, but she should stay in the senate. Castro or Booker would make a better Vice President. Kaine and Franken would also be solid picks. I also wouldn’t mind to keep Uncle Joe on the second spot, though that’s no realistic scenario.

I know I say this ad nauseum ... Booker and Castro (one is in actually in the pockets of Wall St and other is a nice guy with an interesting story but no real accomplishments) would be complete disasters. Kaine would be OK? But fundamentally nothing. Franken's the only one in that list who I think can do the job required.

Well, Kaine has legislative and executive experience. He would be a solid pick. And he’s from a swing state and speaks Spanish.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 09:32:46 AM »

I know I say this ad nauseum ... Booker and Castro (one is in actually in the pockets of Wall St and other is a nice guy with an interesting story but no real accomplishments) would be complete disasters. Kaine would be OK? But fundamentally nothing. Franken's the only one in that list who I think can do the job required.

Well, Kaine has legislative and executive experience. He would be a solid pick. And he’s from a swing state and speaks Spanish.

And inspires no one.  Hilary lacks excitement on her ticket.  Warren would add that, without any of the negatives associated with Julian Castro or Cory Booker.

I don’t say she would be a bad choice, but Hillary needs more male votes. So, a male VP may bring in them.

I consider Booker unlikely, however, because he would leave Christie to appoint a successor. And, as we know, the senate control is at stake.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 08:42:10 AM »

While I still think Scott Brown's a longshot because of abortion, he is at least in agreement with Trump on one of his big issues: the Muslim ban:

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_contributor_scott_brown_endorses_trump_s_muslim_ban_061416

I do think it'll be interesting to see how Trump's running mate handles Trump's most outrageous policy positions.  I mean, even if Trump picks someone like Sessions or Gingrich....are they going to say "Yes, I support taking Iraq's oil and killing terrorists' family members"?

Sure, Trump already has the endorsement of most Republican politicians.  But when they're asked about the more extreme aspects of Trump-ism, they tend to say that they don't agree with him on everything.  But when you're the guy's running mate, how much distance can you actually get from him?

Two north-easterners? I consider that as very unlikely. And keep in mind that Brown only served in the senate. He has not that much experience.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 09:56:46 AM »

While I still think Scott Brown's a longshot because of abortion, he is at least in agreement with Trump on one of his big issues: the Muslim ban:

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_contributor_scott_brown_endorses_trump_s_muslim_ban_061416

I do think it'll be interesting to see how Trump's running mate handles Trump's most outrageous policy positions.  I mean, even if Trump picks someone like Sessions or Gingrich....are they going to say "Yes, I support taking Iraq's oil and killing terrorists' family members"?

Sure, Trump already has the endorsement of most Republican politicians.  But when they're asked about the more extreme aspects of Trump-ism, they tend to say that they don't agree with him on everything.  But when you're the guy's running mate, how much distance can you actually get from him?

Two north-easterners? I consider that as very unlikely. And keep in mind that Brown only served in the senate. He has not that much experience.

But wouldn't that be an asset if Trump is trying to run an outsider vs. insider campaign?

The question is whether he wants an insider VP or not. He said he wants an insider. Brown could be neither a total insider nor a total outsider. However, the main factor why I think he won’t be picked is for geography and being pro-choice. But maybe we’re just thinking too logical. It looks like the Trumpster doesn’t care that much about geography, ideology, age, gender or race.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 09:03:25 AM »

My list for Clinton, in no order.
- Becerra
- Franken
- Warren (although I think the negatives very slightly outweigh the positives)
- Klobuchar

Mine is the same as yours except with Heinrich too

My top 5 would be (in that order): Julian Castro, Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken and Martin Heinrich. Dark horse: Joe Biden.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 09:04:25 AM »

A producer from The Apprentice dishes on Trump behind the scenes of the show, putting Christie's position in the veepstakes in context:

link

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL, he calls one of his most loyal supporters a fat guy. How disgusting.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »

Kaine is very solid and would be a good pick, though I prefer Castro. But Kaine is second.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »

Frankly, I don't see why anyone would prefer Castro the empty suit. Warren seems like the obvious 'good choice', while Franken and Becerra are the most underrated.

Castro an empty suit? He’s less experienced than other picks, but not totally inexperienced. When you’re in your early 40s, you can’t have twenty or fifteen years of political experience in high offices. Just not possible. But does that mean, you would make a bad VP? I don't think so. He brings diversity and youth to the ticket. He would certainly not hurt Clinton. Likely he would even help and drive the Trumpster crazy. Just think what happens if he calls him “that little Mexican” or so. Clinton/Castro would be a perfect symbol for an open and liberal society.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies